90 mins of superb backing-a lesson to be learned.

Imagine being drawn against anyone in the last 16 and it being played behind closed doors?
What a reputation we will have.

Let's hope it was a deaf representative that was sitting in the stands.

Or maybe after getting slaughtered by Rangers they weren’t at our game last night.

If you got 25 people, who have never previously heard / sang / studied the song in question, there is no way that they’d get 2 prescribed words based on the audio from last night’s match.

They’d be lucky to guess the two uses of the out of the 6 words used in the offending line of the song.
We got done for Warsaw away and that wasn’t nearly as obvious through the TV audio.

If you got 25 people, who have never previously heard / sang / studied the song in question, there is no way that they’d get 2 prescribed words based on the audio from last night’s match.

They’d be lucky to guess the two uses of the out of the 6 words used in the offending line of the song.

FARE reps know what they are listening out for.

Ive already made my views on idiotic singing and add ons clear . But thanks anyway for your advice . :rolleyes:

As I and many others have said one stand not full stadium , so get your facts right . Not difficult .

I went on The UEFA website and couldn’t find anything about their intention to close a stand next time.

The only thing I could find was something saying that we’re up on charges for away fans’ behaviour (@ Feyenoord) today.

Is there any link to anything from UEFA are the one stand closure? Their disciplinary pages doesn’t have a search function.

Thanks in advance.

Over 90% of the backing was legit, stupid add ons will prob cost us but to call the fans a disgrace is way off the mark. The journos wouldn't have to be in attendance to jump on the bandwagon, FF gives them the ink for their pens
Fare doesn’t read FF mate.

Over 90% of the backing was legit, stupid add ons will prob cost us but to call the fans a disgrace is way off the mark. The journos wouldn't have to be in attendance to jump on the bandwagon, FF gives them the ink for their pens

This forum is supposed to be about discussing Rangers issues. Punishment from Uefa is a pretty big issue for the club.

Should we just ignore it? For fear of providing journalists a story?

I went on The UEFA website and couldn’t find anything about their intention to close a stand next time.

The only thing I could find was something saying that we’re up on charges for away fans’ behaviour (@ Feyenoord) today.

Is there any link to anything from UEFA are the one stand closure? Their disciplinary pages doesn’t have a search function.

Thanks in advance.
What?
We’re up on charges for feyenoord today??

To be honest I care more about our reputation and the club I am associated with as a supporter.

A stand or a stadium makes no difference we are being publicly shamed because of morons.

Any right thinking bear realises the reputation damage these cretinous neddy add ons bring .

However to suggest it doesn’t make any difference having one stand shut as opposed to a full stadium closure is preposterous. There’s a huge difference .

Moving forward I’d imagine rejecting any away tickets in Europe is going to be the way the club go . Some May see that as unfair but what else can the club do ?

All I will say is Rangers need the think seriously about accepting away tickets in the future.
It’s the usual. Lots of pissed up (or whatever) idiots who think their hatred is bigger than the club’s interests. And it’s enough of a significant voice that it’s well heard.

Any right thinking bear realises the reputation damage these cretinous neddy add ons bring .

However to suggest it doesn’t make any difference having one stand shut as opposed to a full stadium closure is preposterous. There’s a huge difference .

Moving forward I’d imagine rejecting any away tickets in Europe is going to be the way the club go . Some May see that as unfair but what else can the club do ?

Think that’s guaranteed this time if we get pulled ,see if we get Man Utd or Arsenal and this happens I hope the lads obsessed with a auld duffer in a frock are happy.

There is no way that the words that people think were sung are decipherable.

If a rep says he heard them, he’d be lying.

How can he / she prove that it wasn’t Dundee, Hamilton, up the rod and back and then back again that was sung?

I’m probably being petty, but surely there has to be a burden of proof?

It’s a least worth a jab.

It’s a sad day that we feel the need to have to try that jab.

Until we can get to the stage where the only thing the bears at home are worried about is the game and not the singing then we really are not the best in the world.

The best fans in the world don't constantly shoot themselves in the foot like we do.

Too many neds in our support at these trips.
yes they do, difference being they get a slap on the wrist and their last one because it was an away game it effected their next away game not the midden they play in.

Not sure if I am mis reading the OP but it seems to suggest it's OK to boo the team off the park as long as there are no grumbles during the game.

We could always defend the add on's by saying..A big boy did it and ran away..
Do you really think the match observer does not get a briefing of what to be aware of before the game?

On a side note, I'm sure any new potential sponsor won't be too keen to align itself with a club being sanctioned for sectarian chanting by it's fans.
We've already been done for this, if we get another charge it could be very damaging commercially.

We could always defend the add on's by saying..A big boy did it and ran away..
Do you really think the match observer does not get a briefing of what to be aware of before the game?

You’re going to be late for school.

Remember and lift yer play-piece

I thought the fans were magnificent.
Unfortunately FAIR probably don't. Fingers crossed we don't have any further sanctions.

I never at any point mentioned the full stadium being closed. Maybe read what people write you complete roster.

Yes you did , more than once liking any comments that mentioned it. It’s in your post history if anyone would like to check .

“Roster “ ? :rolleyes: :))

Thank goodness for the ignore function .

Last edited:
Not wrong .

UEFA can basically apply any punishment they see fit . They don’t need to and don’t always follow their own guidelines each case is judged individually ( and we seem to be hit the hardest every time , with singing deemed more harmful than fighting , flares etc) .

What is wrong though is to pass it off as fact the way some on here have that a full stadium closure is automatically next . It could be a partial stand, a stand , full closall the way up to suspension .

It’s their ball their rules like it or lump it .
Under their own articles they can sanction with a with full stadium closure for the repeat offence. Hoping they might offer a softer punishment doesn't change the fact that they can make us play behind closed doors - especially as we don't seem to be learning and any charge coming would be the 3rd this season!

No point harping on that it will just be a stand, doesn't even make sense when you are saying they always hit us with the harshest punishment.

Anyone going to tell me that the support tonight constantly backing the team despite the setbacks didn't make a HUGE difference to the team?

We have it in OUR hands to help the team every week.....that was better than even the usual away backing.

Why turn up and moan and groan-save the criticism to the end and boo if it's been shite.
I have seen many a crap Rangers performance over the years but I can honestly say I have never ever bood Rangers
Anyone going to tell me that the support tonight constantly backing the team despite the setbacks didn't make a HUGE difference to the team?

We have it in OUR hands to help the team every week.....that was better than even the usual away backing.

Why turn up and moan and groan-save the criticism to the end and boo if it's been shite.
I have seen many a crap performance from Rangers over the years but I can honestly say that I have never booed them during or after the game.

Back