90 mins of superb backing-a lesson to be learned.

Some of this pish on here is mental. Folk just can't be happy we won the game, From the stands, and on the telly couldn't hear any bigotry, only seen videos of this outside the ground. Which I don't think merits a fine? Also, with Braga only giving away only 2000 'official' away end tickets, this shouldn't be a problem. The dhims get away with singing all they want, but as soon as the word 'pope' or '19th Century Terrorist' is mentioned, were getting a stadium closure? Mental.

On the subject of banned songs I stated months ago that we need to box clever and not sing them at European games. In Scotland however it is a different story as the sfa will do SFA about it. The songs deemed offensive went away both domestically and in Europe. Now they are back again when we are playing away in Europe that is complete madness. And it needs to stop pronto!.

This for me. I’m sure I said the same on here after Warsaw. The Sash and Derry’s Walls have been sung at Ibrox for at least 80 years so they are as much a Rangers song as anything else. They are as cultural as that Miners Song that Schalke fans sing. The rest can go.

Problem being is the Sash always ends up the FTP and I can't see that stopping. Was clear as day 4 minutes into the game and it's probably the one that will get us hammered.
I thought the part closures earlier this season would be the wake up call, seems I was wrong.

I have seen many a crap Rangers performance over the years but I can honestly say I have never ever bood Rangers
I have seen many a crap performance from Rangers over the years but I can honestly say that I have never booed them during or after the game.

You can say that again

Problem being is the Sash always ends up the FTP and I can't see that stopping. Was clear as day 4 minutes into the game and it's probably the one that will get us hammered.
I thought the part closures earlier this season would be the wake up call, seems I was wrong.

As soon as I heard that I just sighed. It's just fucking sad at this point how people don't care how it hurts our club.

Spot on dylan fine post back the team and more so the Gaffer.

Also important to mention the ref, having an honest guy out there made so much difference, penalty call just being fair to both teams and not cheating like the main sfa guys. Players not getting frustrated and angry with the official lets them focus on getting the result.

There was a huge Ned eminent at the game.

not all were daft wee boys.
The amount of folk I knew that were there that don't have a season ticket and don't really go to games and were just there for a piss up that somehow managed to get a ticket are the ones that bring the end element imo. And I'm not accusing them all as I'm sure there's a few with season tickets that go to games that cant behave themselves as well. But the ones going for a piss up and a holiday are the ones who won't care what they sing and what damage it might cause

Some of this pish on here is mental. Folk just can't be happy we won the game, From the stands, and on the telly couldn't hear any bigotry, only seen videos of this outside the ground. Which I don't think merits a fine? Also, with Braga only giving away only 2000 'official' away end tickets, this shouldn't be a problem. The dhims get away with singing all they want, but as soon as the word 'pope' or '19th Century Terrorist' is mentioned, were getting a stadium closure? Mental.

Mate, I sat cringing the whole game. It’s not about them it’s about us.

It’s a fine line between being an amazing support and getting the club in trouble.
There’s not a fine line. It’s pure and utter ignorance that will get us into trouble and will cost us dearly both on and off the park. SG won’t say what he really thinks but he must be sick to the back teeth of listening to that crap they sing. Find them and get them banned.

I think a lot of Bears in the stadium must have received texts at half time telling them to give those songs a by. Didn't notice much in second half but it was clear as day in first half.

There’s not a fine line. It’s pure and utter ignorance that will get us into trouble and will cost us dearly both on and off the park. SG won’t say what he really thinks but he must be sick to the back teeth of listening to that crap they sing. Find them and get them banned.

See post 134 for context.

This place is f*cking infested. Its getting worse.

celtic fans want us to keep singing buddy, as it will result in stadium closures and bans if it continues like last night. Real fans are right to call it out as it impacts the club. If you don’t want to hear the truth then go and bury your head in the sand.

I think a lot of Bears in the stadium must have received texts at half time telling them to give those songs a by. Didn't notice much in second half but it was clear as day in first half.
Unless it was in the first ten mins where I was locked out the ground there was nothing in the first half that was out of order?

I agree with the sentiment, however, I think you know what is going to follow - so I shall not say it.

All I'll say is there's every chance we'll have no fans to back us at Ibrox in the next round
We've got enough threads about that pish. Just stick to the original sentiment that you agree with.

Same with follow follow sadly

There is the usual minority who think that it's acceptable but who honestly thinks you'll ever change that.
As far as last night goes there was a few FTP's and the like but who can honestly decipher what's actually been sung when you have thousands singing alternative words here and there?
I thought the support last night was nothing short of magnificent, the way the follow follow Glasgow Rangers was sung at the end after the match was one of the best scenes I've witnessed.
I honestly cannot put my hand up and say there was much if anything out of order that was sung.
In the square, all sorts were being sung but surely the club can't have their knuckles wrapped or face another ban because of what happens outside the stadium?
I can't help but point the finger at the media who are choking to make a headline in hope it gets attention for us being sectarian.
Last night was a complete high and should be enjoyed by all without nit picking away at certains fans action

BRING ON THE LAST 16

I feel sorry for “normal “ fans but we have to now refuse away tickets in Europe.
There is no other solution.

Are they fuk rangers fans, half of them have never seen the inside of Ibrox, they go out there for a drinking session and send stupid videos back home, fukin morons.
Well said, these away European games are just like stag parties for half of these bams, I doubt half of them are sober enough to remember anything about the match.

People like you are the problem, most fair minded fans heard what was sung last night, but hey, you carry on playing the victim, living in the dark ages.

I was deep in the official rangers end and I honestly never heard a lot of the bad stuff. A few individuals but nothing I could hear load and clear
Exact same mate I was in the official rangers end and was surprised to read this thread this morning, I genuinely don’t recall any songs inside the stadium that would get us in bother. Like you say the odd idiot maybe shouting the add ons but nowhere near what is getting posted, there certainly wasn’t ‘thousands’ shouting FTP or the likes.

Exact same mate I was in the official rangers end and was surprised to read this thread this morning, I genuinely don’t recall any songs inside the stadium that would get us in bother. Like you say the odd idiot maybe shouting the add ons but nowhere near what is getting posted, there certainly wasn’t ‘thousands’ shouting FTP or the likes.

Official section or otherwise, it was loud and clear of tv.

Sorry. I couldn’t disagree more. It’s a blatant thick line.

Don’t sing about the pope, 19th Century Terrorist, catholic’s. It’s really fucking simple.
Can’t think of a song that was sung in the stand with they 3 words being used.... maybe I was down at the toilet but I genuinely didn’t hear any dodgey songs

We have folk that want to sing about the Ira, catholic’s and the pope more than the tims do

It’s embarrassing and it’ll be a miracle if we escape punishment.

That said, I think the club are partly to blame as plenty of folk warned the club about the danger of accepting away tickets following the lucky escape after Feyenoord.

Truth is, we can’t be trusted to go abroad to follow the team
Lucky escape? Were you actually at the game last night btw?

on a side note, what makes %^*& the pope different from the smelly c*nts across the city belting out there filth and singing about the queen or royal family?

Unfortunately the mentally challengeds have cut out every song they know UEFA will hammer them for.

No more %^*& the Queen , or anything else that will get them in trouble.

They just belt out the songs that they claim are about the pre provisional IRA and are political.

If we stick to Derry's Walls, Carsons Army etc then we're fine.

Sadly Follow follow and the Sash are a no no now because too many arseholes in our support can't resist singing the add ons in the stadiums.

Unfortunately the mentally challengeds have cut out every song they know UEFA will hammer them for.

No more %^*& the Queen , or anything else that will get them in trouble.

They just belt out the songs that they claim are about the pre provisional IRA and are political.

If we stick to Derry's Walls, Carsons Army etc then we're fine.

Sadly Follow follow and the Sash are a no no now because too many arseholes in our support can't resist singing the add ons in the stadiums.

Those fookers weren’t punished for their SOB songs to Frank De Boer mate. That one was missed. Despite Ajax being punished for their FB banner in Amsterdam.

What exactly was sung and heard loud and clear mate? FTP at the end of the sash? Genuine question, I haven’t seen any tv clips/highlights etc yet

We had the Sash with add-ons. We had Follow Follow with the 'FTP and the Vatican' line and we had 'Super Rangers' with the '19th Century Terrorist bastards' line. It wasn't a few and it was clearly heard on the BT Sport stream I was watching.

When will folk ever learn? Hopefully we get away with it again but, at some point, we will be absolutely hammered for this stuff.

We had the Sash with add-ons. We had Follow Follow with the 'FTP and the Vatican' line and we had 'Super Rangers' with the '19th Century Terrorist bastards' line. It wasn't a few and it was clearly heard on the BT Sport stream I was watching.

When will folk ever learn? Hopefully we get away with it again but, at some point, we will be absolutely hammered for this stuff.
Fair enough mate I can only say what I heard (or didn’t hear) inside the stadium. Aberdeen and back again is what I and many others around me were singing, but going by the many comments from tv audio it doesn’t appear to be the case. Be absolutely gutted to not get to go to last 16 away game. Hopefully due to Braga selling tickets to ‘anyone’ and putting them next to the official away section might help us out on this one.

Unless it was in the first ten mins where I was locked out the ground there was nothing in the first half that was out of order?
Apparently first few minutes, but only once.

The one most people heard was Super Rangers which in fairness should have been ditched a decade ago.

Back