98 Semi final clip at FT.

:rolleyes: You're right, sorry. Getting my seasons mixed up!

Season before then, 95/96. McCoist scored in the first half and Laudrup lobbed Marshall. 98 semi was played at Parkhead, the clip above shows Hampden with the red seats.
You’re also correct, I should’ve remembered that as I rewatched the 98 semi on Rangers Archive YouTube last night, I’m blaming the tweet :))

Infact the tweet doesn’t even say it I’ve just had a nightmare haha

It's the 96 semi final.

There was a spell in the mid to late 90's where an Old Firm game wasn't complete until the obligatory shots of ra Sellik fans post match sitting in an empty stand breaking their hearts as big bad Rangers turned them over again.
Sky were great at finding and filming them. Wonder if it was editorial policy back then?!

Someone with far more technical ability than I should produce a wee montage from all the games.

It's the 96 semi final.

There was a spell in the mid to late 90's where an Old Firm game wasn't complete until the obligatory shots of ra Sellik fans post match sitting in an empty stand breaking their hearts as big bad Rangers turned them over again.
I’m blaming watching the 98 semi yesterday on my mistake :D

Love it. Me and my big mate watched that game in his local in Torrance. We ended up ratarsed & giving it big licks with the celebrations, even serenading the locals with a bit of mid afternoon karaoke :))

Love it. Me and my big mate watched that game in his local in Torrance. We ended up ratarsed & giving it big licks with the celebrations, even serenading the locals with a bit of mid afternoon karaoke :))
Been more than 10 years since I would occasionally be there. Considered it a more us than them place.

The 90s absolutely ruined they bastards. Mentally destroyed them beyond repair.

They are absolutely desperate for their current string of tainted trophies to do the same to us but it quite simply will never come even remotely close to the lasting impact the 90s has had on them.

Guys like Paul Larkin will be on their death beds having nightmares about that period of history.

They are absolutely desperate for their current string of tainted trophies to do the same to us but it quite simply will never come even remotely close to the lasting impact the 90s has had on them.

Guys like Paul Larkin will be on their death beds having nightmares about that period of history.
We’ve destroyed that wee oddball Larkin.

Think it was Easter Sunday,party continued into Easter Monday at Apprentice Boys parade, apologies if wrong season lol.

Those three years in the mid 90's at the Piggery ended "Scotland's hottest young managers" career as well.

Said it before. I remain convinced Rangers broke Tommy Burns mentally.

Burns tried to play the nice guy routine for the first 2 seasons but by the third when the realisation was that he couldn't stop us doing NIAR the mask slipped and he exposed himself as a paranoid lunatic. No wonder McCann wouldn't give him the time of day.

Sky were great at finding and filming them. Wonder if it was editorial policy back then?!

Someone with far more technical ability than I should produce a wee montage from all the games.
A boy in my work ( at that time)was caught at that game crying into his green and grey( not shown on the above clip) all I remember was his name was Kevin and he didn’t show up until Thursday that week claiming a death in the family , he still got slaughtered though

Those days broke them and turned them into the rabid halfwits consumed by Rangers even when they are winning every cup going. It must eat them up even further to see that their dominance hasn't broken us. When we do win the league next time it will be the apocalypse for them.

The greeting mentally challenged (usually into a scarf in a sea of empty seats) was a staple of OF games then.

Back