9th March 2013: Rangers 1 - 2 Annan Athletic

BomberBrownFan

How far we have come.

For me, the definitive moment the whole “this is fun” vibe of The Journey wore off.

A freezing cold day, open mutiny in the stands when the Annan winner went in. Remember sitting on the train on the way back wondering if it could get any worse.

It did, in many ways, but those who laugh last laugh longest. Never again.

How far we have come.

For me, the definitive moment the whole “this is fun” vibe of The Journey wore off.

A freezing cold day, open mutiny in the stands when the Annan winner went in. Remember sitting on the train on the way back wondering if it could get any worse.

Was in the club deck that day, you're right, the weather was beyond Baltic. We still talk about that as one of the lowest points of watching Rangers. At that stage winning the premiership seemed impossible, now it's the Annan memory that seems a lifetime away.

Can’t recall too well if it was Annan, Peterhead or some other game in 2013 when I think maybe a team scored a winner as the ball squirmed out of Neil Alexander’s arms and went in. That was one of many many horrible low lights.

Can’t recall too well if it was Annan, Peterhead or some other game in 2013 when I think maybe a team scored a winner as the ball squirmed out of Neil Alexander’s arms and went in. That was one of many many horrible low lights.

Was a draw against Elgin, last minute equaliser for them.

I remember the Stirling game Dec 2012 when it was the 140th anniversary. Ibrox was bouncing until the game started. A Stirling player hit a shot that didn’t make it to the goal. Alexander dived and had to get up again to retrieve the ball. There wasn’t even an ironic cheer.
I remember Maribor in 2018 when Kent picked the ball up at the half way line and skinned their full back with their defence in full panic mode as Alfie made his near post run. Ibrox rocking on a big European night. I drew a line under that period that night.

How far we have come.

There was no fun vibe at all for me. Fair enough yeah I had some good away days but I’ll never ever want to go through that again

The fun part wore off after the East Stirling game in August 2012 for me.

At that point I thought, no europe for 4 or 5 years or top flight league wins.
You did well to last that long. Brechin was my breaking point. Knew right there that football wasn’t going to be a pleasant experience for a long time.
The lowest ebb was the Stirling Albion loss.
I’m just thankful I wasn’t standing on the edge of a cliff that night

When we lost to Stirling Albion 0-1, and their manager wasn't even there because he was getting married that day. That and the defeats to Annan and Peterhead at home that first season were unbearably painful.

That’s the coldest I’ve ever been at a match. Took my eleven year old daughter with me she learned a few new words at the time

My worst day as a Rangers supporter. It was my dads last ever visit to Ibrox and we knew it was to be his last visit.

Joycey who works for rangers in the FFIT department was the Annan manager at the time

How far we have come.

This is arguably our worst ever result so it absolutely shows you how far we have come. Good to be back!

It really was hard to believe what we were watching at times - and not just from the opposition.

How far we have come.

Absolutely nailed it mate.
Remember going through early and walking round the stadium ,and thinking how soul less the stadium looked.
Absolute dejection inside and out.
That day was a defining moment in all my years supporting Rangers ,and just could not see any light at the end of the tunnel.
Horrible.

First game I took my son to. its not really one to remind him of. He was bouncing round the living room on Sunday. That's why 55 might just be our greatest yet

Back