A 4 point swing this weekend due to no VAR.

Celtc's 2nd goal yesterday, clearly offside.

Hibs 2nd goal today, clearly offside.

With VAR or competent officials, they get 1 point and we get 3 points.

For those who say that officials don't have an effect on titles, that's a 4 point difference, in what will be a close run season.
According to some on here.that doesn't matter we're a team of bottlers

I’ll solve this, our referees are clueless, bought mentally challengeds. VAR puts everybody on an even playing field and exposes the bullshit.

I would like VAR as well but lets face it, we are playing in a league where teams can't afford to have grass pitches or even implement a multi ball system. Unless we pay for it it's never going to happen.

Wouldn’t make any difference. VAR would be used as a weapon against us as all our games would have mentally challengeds monitoring it.

Probably more to do with Rangers hating officials and their Rangers hating bosses, but we're not allowed to say that now are we.

Any goal against the rhats VAR would be taken right back to the start of the game looking for anything to disallow it. Don't forget it would be run by the current officials.

For those who say that officials don't have an effect on titles, that's a 4 point difference, in what will be a close run season.

Exactly DD.

Ive said it numerous times. The authorities in this country DONT WANT VAR !!!!!

Until the club call this out we’re going to continue to suffer.

Refs will not make big calls that go against Celtic. It’s a simpler and quieter life to keep the status quo.

We are in a league where teams can’t afford grass and teams can’t use multi ball because they can’t afford balls

we ain’t getting VAR

Still don't buy that tbh.

They could afford grass pitches and multi ball, they choose not to for advantage purposes.

We might get the odd call but id say the chances of VAR ending all the cheating are next to zero, if anything things could possibly get even worse.

The debate also gives the club the chance to issue a statement about helping the refs with video evidence which is basically just a way to shut the support up and completely blank an issue which they seem to be scared of cos it brings tims into it with their behaviour over the years.

Refereeing in Scotland is utterly corrupt, i have no idea why people get so pissed off the Rangers player that misses the sitter or the defender the ballsed it up, there was no chance of us winning this title anyway. So many games of football are close/tight and come down to the officials decisions. I would say we are at the stage now where refs are actually even more biased than the media it surprises me people believe a tv replay will benefit Rangers.

i dont get why VAR would help. We have three ex ref or whoever it was able to sit down and review the challenge on Morelos in comfort of no match game pressure, they still couldnt see it as a red card offence.

How will VAR help us when the same cheats will control it?

After the decision not to ban the player who done Morelos last week do you think VAR would make any difference. I wouldn't trust the clown ex refs in scotshit football to be fair when it comes to us. Cheats will always be cheats as liars will always be liars no matter what evidence is put in front of them

According to some on here.that doesn't matter we're a team of bottlers
Don’t ignore that parts leading up to their opportunities....shambolic defending that is not worthy of a Rangers jersey.....plus numerous easy chances.....today was our players fault....no one else’s!!

Exactly DD.

Ive said it numerous times. The authorities in this country DONT WANT VAR !!!!!
Of course they don’t want it Grigo. For most of the clubs it makes next to no difference whether we have or don’t have VAR. It only matters as between us and Celtic. And Celtic certainly don’t want anything to change. They have spent the last 20 years working themselves into a position where they now have - and have had for quite some time - the referees and the football authorities exactly where they want them. Jeepers, the last thing they want is a fairly refereed SPL. The points swing as between us and them would be about 10-20 points every single season if we actually had fairly refereed games.

Of course they don’t want it Grigo. For most of the clubs it makes next to no difference whether we have or don’t have VAR. It only matters as between us and Celtic. And Celtic certainly don’t want anything to change. They have spent the last 20 years working themselves into a position where they now have - and have had for quite some time - the referees and the football authorities exactly where they want them. Jeepers, the last thing they want is a fairly refereed SPL. The points swing as between us and them would be about 10-20 points every single season if we actually had fairly refereed games.

Exactly right as usual Ald.

Very similar countries to us like Denmark & Poland have it, yet we don’t ?

Im sorry, this is NOT about affordability.

Don’t ignore that parts leading up to their opportunities....shambolic defending that is not worthy of a Rangers jersey.....plus numerous easy chances.....today was our players fault....no one else’s!!

Can you name one team that's ever won the league by pumping every team 3 or 4 nil? Didn't think so. Every champion ever has won hard fought games by the odd goal - a task that's impossible when you're up again incompetent and/or corrupt officials.

Last edited:
doesn't make them a team of bottlers does it.

I have seen enough baffling decisions in other major leagues to know we'd still end up getting screwed by it.

If we don't call it out for what it is we are aswell shutting the gates at Ibrox because we simply won't be allowed to win anything

Competent officiating would be a start.

Walker stating that in real time the linesman couldn't be expected to see the offside actually sums the current state of our game up.

I was glad Chris Boyd set him straight.
Not that it helps us!!

Be careful what you wish for, who controls the VAR? If it would be implemented professionally I’d be all for it.

This argument always comes up but it doesn’t stand up.

Whilst you might have a corrupt official implementing VAR they cannot use the excuse of ‘I didn’t see it’ like the refs and linesman hide behind.

Thus, it would be better.

After the decision not to ban the player who done Morelos last week do you think VAR would make any difference. I wouldn't trust the clown ex refs in scotshit football to be fair when it comes to us. Cheats will always be cheats as liars will always be liars no matter what evidence is put in front of them

I understand what you are saying, but when tv evidence shows that Hibs 2nd goal today and the other lots 2nd goal yesterday were clearly offside, then the evidence puts a lot more pressure on them to apply the rules fairly.

Exactly right as usual Ald.

Very similar countries to us like Denmark & Poland have it, yet we don’t ?

Im sorry, this is NOT about affordability.
In every other country they would view as a positive something which (a) is objective and fair and (b) helps referees. But not here. Here it is a threat. A threat to inbuilt corruption. Crappy plastic pitches, no VAR and an SPFL that gets sued because it’s members don’t think it is even handed. You couldn’t make it up. But, sadly, that is where we have got to in this country. It is just about enough to make me want to weep. I am absolutely scunnered by it all.

I understand what you are saying, but when tv evidence shows that Hibs 2nd goal today and the other lots 2nd goal yesterday were clearly offside, then the evidence puts a lot more pressure on them to apply the rules fairly.

Deejay, I 100% understand what you are saying but it won't make any difference.

What chance do you have when some of our players are routinely assaulted, it gets highlighted after the match, hell sometimes even the compliant officer gets involved, and it gets allowed to go on unpunished.

The TV evidence just gets ignored, as will VAR. Say Alfie gets brought down a stonewaller, there would be no review or anything, the game would move on. The studio would show the incident after the match, say it should have been a pen, and everything moves on.

Back