A bit of perspective and optimism.

Gaz030191

Recently I've read and heard a few people saying if we don't beat Celtic at the end of the year, the leagues lost.

First of all that's a ridiculously defeatist attitude half way through a season and one I'm hoping Gerrard is not letting the players even consider, but let me explain why.

December was always going to be a stupidly tough month for us. The Majority of the teams who step up a gear against us in the space of a few weeks whilst trying to win a cup and qualify for Europe. We didn't win the cup but every fan in Scotland knows who the better team was that day, and now we've made the last 32 which when the draw was made was thought unlikely be even the most positive of us.

When we play Celtic on the 29th we are more than capable of a result, but lets for arguments sake say the worst happens and we lose and are 5 points behind at the end of the year. People are ignoring the fact there are two old firm games still to play, including the first one being at Ibrox. Not to mention that whilst our tough run is just now, there's is in February whilst between the last 32 they'll be away to Motherwell, Aberdeen and the Hibs right before the split.

If we win the Old firm at Ibrox we could go in to the split only 2 points behind or even better. If at the start of the season you'd told me we'd go in to the last 5 games only 2 behind and still to play them I'd 100% would have take that.

That Celtic team will drop points, so now the focus is on us to just keep winning. I've no doubt this is a great chance for it to be our year.

It could be anything, we could be ahead on points for all anyboy knows, why is it always the worst possible scenario ?

I posted a thread with possible results for Rangers up til that game which I now appreciate was ill-advised.

One thing for sure though is you need to win all the games against the teams outwith Celtic, as they will undoubtedly drop points but I don't think it will be many.

The way I would expect any Rangers team to play is take the next game win it concentrate on the next win it and so on .
If we do the business and we do have the quality to win every game the league takes care of itself .
Forces will be aligned to stop us , Referees and linesmen are as big a threat as the mentally challengeds , Unfortunately my view Officials are our biggest threat but what can we do ?

I posted a thread with possible results for Rangers up til that game which I now appreciate was ill-advised.

One thing for sure though is you need to win all the games against the teams outwith Celtic, as they will undoubtedly drop points but I don't think it will be many.
They won't drop many and they have a game in hand yes but if you look at our fixtures after the winter break we have plenty at home and can go on a long run, we dont have to come out of the break ahead of them but i do admit another defeat to them would be damaging but not season ending if we take care of the other games.

It could be anything, we could be ahead on points for all anybody knows, why has it always got to be the worst case scenario ?

I should've highlighted the part where OP said 5 points. Of course it could be anything but the assumption was us and them taking full points before the 29th and then losing, which would be 8 points not 5.

I'd say I verge on blind optimist when it comes to Rangers, the post was not intended to be negative.

It could be anything, we could be ahead on points for all anybody knows, why has it always got to be the worst case scenario ?
Tbf the worst case scenarios have been burned into us fans for near 10 years now it's hard not to try and prepare yourself for the worst when we are so used to it

Tbf the worst case scenarios have been burned into us fans for near 10 years now it's hard not to try and prepare yourself for the worst when we are so used to it
I am prepared for the worst but really i just want to take it one game at a time just now, its a very difficult period and we have 3 really tough away matches coming up so i guess its hard not to expect us to drop points but i think the scum will drop points also.

Back