A blind man could have seen this coming.

NewtonGer

Our failure, at the leadership level of the club, to stand up for ourselves and to actually make any kind of attempt to define who we are has led us to this day.

Be in no doubt. 50 years from now, today will be thrown in our faces.

It should never have come to this. We should have been agressive in defending our roots and our heritage. We should have had a proactive engagement strategy, rather than crucifying ourselves on the cross of dignified silence.

And, controversially I know, we should never have started a fight with the national broadcaster without a clear strategy on how to win that fight.

We have shown ourselves to be inept in so many ways. Fighting years of professionalism by our opponents with pointless statements. Being embarrassed by our Ulster fans to the point that the club never ever recognises the effort made by so many from across the water to attend games. And to employ an absolute relic like Traynor to defend our reputation.

We all have examples. We all know the issues.

Dave king has to act. This is a crossroads. Get rid of Robertson, Dickson and all the others who have led us to this. Change stance. Defend who we are.

Fucking hell. You want the club to defend “up to our knees in 19th Century Terrorist blood”??
No, I don't. And that's not the point. Our inability to stand up and say 'this is who and what we are' has led us to this. Always on the defensive.

Of course the songs are idiotic. But tackling it needs to be part of a clear strategy. Celtic have made their Irish heritage part of their narrative. Why can't we make our Ulster fans part of ours? It would make eradication of the stupid songs all the easier.

There is no defence, but we still need someone stronger than Robertson to represent the club, the filth have one of the most expensive PR companies in the country representing them, they have Lawwell, who has influence far and wide, we have Robertson and Traynor.

No, I don't. And that's not the point. Our inability to stand up and say 'this is who and what we are' has led us to this. Always on the defensive.

Of course the songs are idiotic. But tackling it needs to be part of a clear strategy. Celtic have made their Irish heritage part of their narrative. Why can't we make our Ulster fans part of ours? It would make eradication of the stupid songs all the easier.
Our heritage has nothing to do with Ulster, our heritage is four lads starting a football club which has become the greatest club on the planet. Let’s sing about that more and less about Ulster and popes

There is no defence, but we still need someone stronger than Robertson to represent the club, the filth have one of the most expensive PR companies in the country representing them, they have Lawwell, who has influence far and wide, we have Robertson and Traynor.

You are one hundred percent correct.

Incidentally, I don't get where this exhalted status that Hollicom have been given has come from. If you speak to anyone in the industry, they will tell you that they are shite - and cannot hold on to staff.

Fucking hell. You want the club to defend “up to our knees in 19th Century Terrorist blood”??

The French sing similar lines in their national anthem of watering their furrows in impure enemy blood. Will FIFA ban that anthem ? The hypocrisy is appalling. Nobody should sing about the blood of others, but its clear we've been stitched up by FARE. They see us as a pro British club, which is anathema to left wingers.

What’s any of that got to do with the UEFA not liking some of our songs? I doubt Robertson and Dickson were singing them. King came on the pitch before the Progres game last year to reiterate the need for sensible behaviour

King doesn't have the comms skills, looks like no one has, MB. It's about lack of an identifiable day-to-day leadership figure at the club. A leader who could bring these boys on board, who could get them to self-police, who could convince the culprits that there are better ways of expressing your support for our club than leading with your testicles. But also one who could put the fear into them.
The club needs to engage with these boys not issue statements that have little effect.
The club needs a personable leader.

The song needs to go. We can't use slogans like #everyoneanyone and continue to sing this. It's stupidity

It's not just that song though. Even one of our greatest traditional songs is under threat due to its bastardisation with add ons. This will only get worse

It's not just that song though. Even one of our greatest traditional songs is under threat due to its bastardisation with add ons. This will only get worse
The add-ons are daft. But not as obvious as TBB. The song is music to the ears to the like of FARE. But we know FARE are there. It's like peeing in the street in front of the police. Ultimately it causes no real harm but they're always going to do you for it

I'd love to know what's the criteria for the offending words. How many people have to sing it before it becomes punishable? 3, 300? 3000?

Would be interesting to see the evidence of the fare person. Not saying we didn't sing it but I dont see how Rangers or anyone else can control say a minority of people saying the word?

Is it the song? Is it the word In the song (usually mumbled)?

I'll tell you a song that simply replaces the BB and sung in full voice at Ibrox it's tremendous, perfectly legal and everyone knows the words. Here's a clue, you're sitting typing on it.

Because they are a sham organisation set up by bigots to punish Rangers. No more, no less.
Ok. And that means what, when we have been branded as racists?

We should have gone after them years ago. But, instead, we stood idly by while their definition of us took hold.

I'll tell you a song that simply replaces the BB and sung in full voice at Ibrox it's tremendous, perfectly legal and everyone knows the words. Here's a clue, you're sitting typing on it.

Aye, coz the pope and the Vatican don't take a pasting on that (I know there are traditional words but good luck changing the habit of several thousand lifetimes)

Why are FARE always at Ibrox? Why are we demonised? Why are definitions about our club and us as supporters allowed to go unchallenged...?

Probably because we were warned about TBB and Super Rangers about 10 years ago and fans continue to sing them. UEFA have warned us plenty of times. They've also fined Celtic and various other clubs across Europe have seen fines and stand closures etc so we are certainly not singled out.

Basically if we cut the crap then the spotlight will shine elsewhere. no matter what nonsense anyone makes up on here trying to state that UEFA would then go after us for wearing blue strips or something similar.

Ok. And that means what, when we have been branded as racists?

We should have gone after them years ago. But, instead, we stood idly by while their definition of us took hold.
When did 19th Century Terrorists become a race? And I’m not defending the singing of the songs, I just think the punishment doesn’t fit the “crime”.

If you honestly think that our dispute with the beeb doesn't centre around one man, then you are naive in the extreme. This is a traynor strategy and, frankly, it's idiotic.
Excuse me? Nothing to do with the BBC’s behaviour? I’m really trying to bite my lip with you, due to a recent ban.

Our failure, at the leadership level of the club, to stand up for ourselves and to actually make any kind of attempt to define who we are has led us to this day.

It should never have come to this. We should have been agressive in defending our roots and our heritage. We should have had a proactive engagement strategy, rather than crucifying ourselves on the cross of dignified silence.

And, controversially I know, we should never have started a fight with the national broadcaster without a clear strategy on how to win that fight.

We have shown ourselves to be inept in so many ways. Fighting years of professionalism by our opponents with pointless statements. Being embarrassed by our Ulster fans to the point that the club never ever recognises the effort made by so many from across the water to attend games. And to employ an absolute relic like Traynor to defend our reputation.

Dave king has to act. This is a crossroads. Get rid of Robertson, Dickson and all the others who have led us to this. Change stance. Defend who we are.

That bit is complete nonsense.

What have I missed?

Have the club been killed off by the SFA or something?

Or are you completely over reacting to UEFA punishing us for sectarian songs?

Our heritage has nothing to do with Ulster, our heritage is four lads starting a football club which has become the greatest club on the planet. Let’s sing about that more and less about Ulster and popes

Absolutely spot on mate.

The sooner some fans realise this the better. Our hero’s are Greig, Jardine, Baxter and Laudrup. Let’s sing about them instead of the troubles in Northern Ireland.

Ulster is part of our heritage. Killing people shouldn't be.

It is certainly one MASSIVE headline grabber isnt it?

Hmmmmmmm

Think i'll do HOLy COMMunion this week
So Hollicom made our fans sing it, then reported us ? Something we are really good at is making our own headline grabbing news as you can easily see from today. How on earth can you blame others when we only have ourselves to blame, that's not directed at those who don't sing the add on's but those that do.

Probably because we were warned about TBB and Super Rangers about 10 years ago and fans continue to sing them. UEFA have warned us plenty of times. They've also fined Celtic and various other clubs across Europe have seen fines and stand closures etc so we are certainly not singled out.

Basically if we cut the crap then the spotlight will shine elsewhere. no matter what nonsense anyone makes up on here trying to state that UEFA would then go after us for wearing blue strips or something similar.
FARE only exist to punish Rangers. They have no interest in shining a light anywhere else.

The time for this is long over. We know what the lie of the land is very clearly, whether you or I like it. Being in denial or getting into “whataboutery” get us nowhere.

Cut it out, it’s damaging the club. Could not be simpler.

Really don't know what singing TBB has to do with defending our Ulster links. As for the rest of it, we have no possible avenues to fight this! Just cut out the 19th Century Terrorist and FTP pish and move on as a support. It isn't the club that needs to change tact, it's the fucking support.

The Club themselves made an arse of Follow Follow by including the "Dundee, Hamilton" lyrics in official recordings of the song.

And therin lies the battle that has brought this to a head. Who defined secterian chanting as racism. That battle cannot be won when it's not challenged.

Sectarian singing is just wrong. Simple as that. Whatever you want to call it racist or not it is wrong. Also hating catholics has nothing to do with Rangers. Nothing at all. If you want to sing songs about hating catholics find somewhere else to do it. Singing songs of hate is not defending your culture or heritage. Not in any way by any stretch of the imagination.

We have to accept we have a huge massive problem. Club 1872 should be over this like a rash. As usual they are way behind the curve.

We need to change before the damage gets any worse. Fans and club have to work together to eliminate this before we damage the club any further.

Back