A concerning stat (Alfie, Defoe & Kent)

Kent needs to adjust his mindset. He is always looking create a scoring opportunity for himself. He should be looking to set someone up more.

Stats can work for you or against you. You say that our midfielders are not creating enough but our full backs are creating more than any other team because of the system we play.

The stats for Edouard and Morelos are very similar. Edouard scores every 1.24 games and Morelos is every 1.46 games. If his actual disallowed goals which were wrong chopped off the goals ratio would be even closer in less games.

They have hit 502 shots to our 469 but they only have 187 shots on target compared to our 177 so our shooting is more accurate yet less goals.

Kent's stats are better just now than they were for the whole of last season. Same goals as last season in less games. 1 assist in the league cup compared to none last season. Agree he definitely needs to do more though.

Scottish Premiership

YearMatchesGoalsAssists
2019-20186110
2018-19276420
Europa League

YearMatchesGoals
2019-204000
2018-199000
Scottish League Cup

YearMatchesGoalsAssists

The goal difference can be written off now as an extra point. Which makes the task at hand even harder.
I think the front 3 could improve their assists with better decision making in or around the penalty box. Hard to criticise Alfie, but quite a few times he has a better option than the shot he elects to take (and doesn't score). This would go a great way to improving our GD. Yesterday's "goal" for Kamberi is something I'd like him to do more often. He could've had a pop from the edge of the box but decided to play in Kamberi instead. Good decision making when the expected goals % from that position I would imagine would be quite low.

Look at their main midfielders. Lego who sits but kicks arses when their performances slip. They have the likes of Christie, McGregor, Ntcham and Rogic. All of them can support their attack when needed and can counter very quickly.
Our midfield is a very static 3 that hold possession and make passes. However none are very dynamic and don’t run at teams looking to create.
They are relying on our full backs and our front 3 like a poor mans Liverpool.
The problem is you lose one of the full backs the wheels fall off. We then have the issue that our number 10 or wide players have been pretty poor and contribute mostly sweet FA in domestic games.

Middle to front we still lack some real quality dynamic players who win you games.
I agree we play like a poor man's Liverpool. Their great strength is the way they push their full backs forward the threat of a counter attack is slim because their brilliant centre backs have pace and position themselves to stop attacks. We've got good attacking fullbacks but we don't have that insurance policy at the centre of our defence. Biggest problem to solve is Kent's lack of contribution. Doesn't play like an attacking winger so would he be more suited to play just off Alfredo.

Back