A FF Thank You To The Chairman

Just a wee update on the book that is being produced!

Having started a new job it has taken me until now to really get into starting to sort out the messages. Some are short and sweet, others are very long and detailed but they all manage to get over the point superbly.

There is still plenty of time to get an entry into the book, so if you would like to pass on your thanks in as direct a way as we will ever be able to, in general, then send an entry to DK_Book@outlook.com where it will be vetted and sent to the wonderful @Scarlett who is helping go through them all.

Just to remind people, or perhaps let them know, we are commissioning a book to be given to King at an appropriate time filled with messages from supporters grateful for the change in our club since he and the 3 bears came in. There is often a disconnect between a fan and the club and this is a small chance for a personal message that he will be able to look back on over the coming years and know the regard he is held in. Feel free to send in messages from yourself, your family or your friends, there is not a limit on how many can be included!

Thanks

Is the book going to be a one off print for Mr. King Or is it going to be available to the general public to purchase a copy ?

It is something that would need to be looked into. Because it has names etc, and it was not designed or 'sold' to folk with that in mind, I really do not know what the ramifications would be and would not like to get my arse felt over it. If it worked out that there was an implied permission granted when people messaged in, or if a reasonable amount of time was put in to allow people to object, that might get round it.

There is also the other point, which is that it is designed as a personal thing, and might be seen to be cheapened a little by producing it in numbers for sale.

Discussions will be held but I really would not like to say either way just now.

Second tranche of entries being sorted this evening and it is amazing to see the messages from people all over the world.

Still plenty of time to get something in, but I will be setting a deadline soon so don't leave it too long!

Having been otherwise engaged with my new son, I am back on this with a vengeance!

There is now a deadline of next friday for entries, 17th Jan, so make sure you get something in and give friends and family the chance too. Give the man something special to look back on in future years!

Last edited:
Having been otherwise engaged with my new son, I am back on this with a vengeance!

There is now a deadline of next friday for entries, 13th Jan, so make sure you get something in and give friends and family the chance too. Give the man something special to look back on in future years!

Brilliant initiative mate. As said before I’d gladly live to buy any copies you can get made.

Brilliant initiative mate. As said before I’d gladly live to buy any copies you can get made.

I will put my hands up here and say I just do not know if it is the right thing to do or not. Perhaps actually asking him if he minded, with proceeds after costs going to a charity of his choosing might be appropriate but as I say, I do not feel qualified to make that decision. It is 100% something that a discussion will be had over behind the scenes though.

I will put my hands up here and say I just do not know if it is the right thing to do or not. Perhaps actually asking him if he minded, with proceeds after costs going to a charity of his choosing might be appropriate but as I say, I do not feel qualified to make that decision. It is 100% something that a discussion will be had over behind the scenes though.

Much appreciated. And well done either way;)

Great idea.

Personally, I'd also have a clear warning in the original post to any mutants looking in and thinking they'll be wide, that abusive emails and addresses will be put up on here.

That is also a very good, sensible idea.

Quick bump. Things are going really well, so I am able to extend the deadline until this Friday now. If anyone wants to add a message, read the op and follow the instructions!

Thanks

That's a nice idea, he deserves recognition. Thank f*** we have people like Dave King on our side, dread to think where we might be today had he not got involved.

Don’t know how I missed this thread for so long. Will need to think of something appropriate- as others have said god knows where we would have been without Mr King.
Bought my son his first season ticket the season before it all went wrong, and it’s great to finally be taking him to games when we are doing so well, after his only real experience of watching us was in the lower divisions.

Back