A FF Thank You To The Chairman

It was interesting how much the two Nomads derided him and were opposed to his involvement. Their dislike confirmed that David King was the right man for the job.

Dave King’s place in Rangers long and illustrious history is already assured.

A true bear, who stood up, stepped forward and was counted when the club needed him most.

He’ll always be held in great esteem in my household.

God bless you, Dave King, and our grateful thanks. Good luck and best wishes for all your future endeavours

Fantastic idea, I was genuinely emotional with this afternoon's statements and it'd be a nice touch to be able to put something into writing to the man who in all likelihood saved our club from extermination.

I know it is a personal gift to Mr King, however, it would be great to actually see the finished book with all the heartfelt messages. Most Bears would probably pay for a copy.....

That's a great idea NL!
Will the book be a genuine "one off" for Mr King or will there be copies available to buy or the finished text being published electronically?

I have had a conversation with Suck and he has agreed to not only help with the idea, but to fund any costs for it from the FF EBT-overspill account.

As a small gesture to Dave King to mark his announcement at the AGM of an intention to step down from his role as Chairman we will be commissioning a book that will contain personal messages from those supporters who wish to say thank you.

The Email address DK_Book@outlook.com has been set up and over the next month or so, I will collate and proof any Email sent that contains a message that an individual may like to put forward.

I believe that this gives us a chance for a far more intimate ‘thank you’ than might ordinarily be afforded and I would love to think that he will be able to look back in a decade or so and see the regard in which he is held by so many.

The intention is to gather messages, have them printed by a professional and bound in a fitting cover and to ask for the book to passed onto Dave King at a suitable time.

I understand fully that some may not like the idea, or feel it a little over the top, and I would like to politely ask them to hold their council to allow people who see value in the idea to discuss it and to contribute.

It goes without saying that all messages will be vetted stringently, more to filter out the lurkers than anything, but any inappropriate comments will not be included in the book.
Posters are welcome to send in multiple entries if they have non FF using friends or family who would like to say a piece and the messages can be signed, or not, at the poster's discretion. A location would be a nice touch, to help show the world-wide contribution. For Example:

N_L
South Yorkshire

I will be looking for someone with better writing ability than myself to pen a short fore-word further down the line and volunteers can drop me a PM!
Very good idea and email sent

I have had a conversation with Suck and he has agreed to not only help with the idea, but to fund any costs for it from the FF EBT-overspill account.

As a small gesture to Dave King to mark his announcement at the AGM of an intention to step down from his role as Chairman we will be commissioning a book that will contain personal messages from those supporters who wish to say thank you.

The Email address DK_Book@outlook.com has been set up and over the next month or so, I will collate and proof any Email sent that contains a message that an individual may like to put forward.

I believe that this gives us a chance for a far more intimate ‘thank you’ than might ordinarily be afforded and I would love to think that he will be able to look back in a decade or so and see the regard in which he is held by so many.

The intention is to gather messages, have them printed by a professional and bound in a fitting cover and to ask for the book to passed onto Dave King at a suitable time.

I understand fully that some may not like the idea, or feel it a little over the top, and I would like to politely ask them to hold their council to allow people who see value in the idea to discuss it and to contribute.

It goes without saying that all messages will be vetted stringently, more to filter out the lurkers than anything, but any inappropriate comments will not be included in the book.
Posters are welcome to send in multiple entries if they have non FF using friends or family who would like to say a piece and the messages can be signed, or not, at the poster's discretion. A location would be a nice touch, to help show the world-wide contribution. For Example:

N_L
South Yorkshire

I will be looking for someone with better writing ability than myself to pen a short fore-word further down the line and volunteers can drop me a PM!

You know, every now and again I say to myself I’m giving up FF because of how much time I spend on it each day. Then I see posts like this and I’m grateful that it’s one habit I can’t kick.

Tremendous idea N_L, you can expect me to be sliding into your DMs soon.

N_L
South Yorkshire

brilliant gesture mate

I will look into it, but if I am honest, I think it could end up hugely complicated. I would guess there could be issues with permissions and intellectual rights that would prove to be problematic but certainly something for us to think about mate.

Brilliant idea and I suggest @jambosglasses to complete the foreword if you need him. Without saying to much about the man, he has done some of the most prominent books out there. Definitely worth contacting.

Back