a good night for Scottish football= good night for us.

Dispatching part-timers in QR1 and 2 then getting papped out in round 3, as what normally happens to anyone outside the old firm, barely makes a dent in the co-efficient.
To be fair pretty rare that we have 2 of the diddy teams reach the 3rd qualifying round though.

There is literally no down side to them continuing to progress.

The mentally challengeds are a different story, they lose out on the cash and it’s a good laugh watching the fallout

Sheep and Motherwell are non entities, they won’t get close to the business end of the competition so the further the better

The mentally challengeds are a different story, they lose out on the cash and it’s a good laugh watching the fallout

Sheep and Motherwell are non entities, they won’t get close to the business end of the competition so the further the better

Exactly.

I'll wish any team from here to do well in Europe. Won't support them but wish them well.

The Crash Barriers are a whole different ball game. I'd want them to lose at tiddly winks.

I would like all the Scots teams to get as far as they can to help the co-efficient. I would only want us to win the tournament though. It makes business sense for Rangers. We have 2 CL places to play for this season partly because of the co-efficient.

Agreed - I have no issue with any other team in Scotland progressing in Europe other then the vhermin.

I have no desire to see any other team from Scotland do well in Europe but if they do, then any (even minor) improvement in the coefficient is an upside. Except the scum obviously, there is no upside to them winning.

Do people realise that if the diddy teams get to the group stages the tv money for us gets less?

If they play in EL before us
If not, f uck them.
But I know what the OP means

Teams doing well in Europe can only improve our game up here, which has been dire for years.
Agreed. All these rounds of qualifiers to get anywhere near groups and not being seeded for final rounds, etc. is walking a financial tightrope, that I’d rather we didn’t have to.

More money for these clubs to hopefully attract a slightly higher level of player to their own clubs makes the domestic product better and might raise the chances of them taking points off the bheasts once in a while, whilst making us also have to raise our game.

It can only be a good thing,

I still want Celtc humiliated every time they take the field though. Their harder their draws, the better.

Do people realise that if the diddy teams get to the group stages the tv money for us gets less?
Let's get us there first before we start worrying about less TV money because of other Scottish teams.

Let's get us there first before we start worrying about less TV money because of other Scottish teams.
Looking at how well we done to qualify last year, I can't see the sheep or motherwell getting much further, never mind the group stages.

More importantly, they aren’t going to be contesting our league.

Back