A history of refereeing conspiracy against poor Celtic

All we ever read is how refs forever have favoured Rangers.

This video is exhibit A for the defence. And the most recent incident is over 20 years ago.

I wonder how many statements the Rangers board decided to put out about officials :rolleyes:

I think you could double that and multiply it by a hundred.
I am over sixty and if I had been small minded enough to compile all the outrageous decisions that have gone against Rangers in my time it would by a compendium of injustice the size of a small house.

Mostly in the past we have managed to surmount these problems, and I am confident that under Steven Gerrard this is again possible.
But he is certainly up against it.

Just think........

If Gary Glitter FC didn`t have any refereeing decisions go against them, they`d be unbeaten in the league for 130 years, won 120 Scottish cups, 50 League cups and 65 Euro cups.

Now that`s amazing.
You never took into account the vomiting bug.:D

George Smith was as bad.

The big surprise is the video doesn't include the scandalous red cards we got from the worst referee of my lifetime, Andrew Waddell.
Dr Dearh as Waddell was known.

Was a truly shocking refereeing performance. The rightful indignation shown by all Bears that night lives long in the memory.

Every time I watch this era of videos, I can’t help but think how good a footballer ian Durrant was. That boy would have been world class but for that injury.

In the 2 years before his injury, I honestly wouldn't have swapped him for any other midfield player in Britain.

Funny how they never complain about the blatant offside they got away with in 1967
to level with Inter?

34hctco.png

au8eoh.png

Admin should get a sticky up compiling videos of all the injustices officials have dished out to us over the years. This definitive list should shut them up about the ‘masonic conspiracy ‘

Every time I watch this era of videos, I can’t help but think how good a footballer ian Durrant was. That boy would have been world class but for that injury.
If footballers were motor cars, Ian Durrant would have been the love child of a Rolls Royce and a Ferrari.
He was on the cusp of a type of greatness few British players have achieved, then he was criminally undone by a thug.

Couldn't agree more. My memory is dreadful but I am sure I can remember attending a reserve game at Ibrox which would have been Durranty's first game back after injury. Possibly vs Hearts with a huge attendance, say 15000-20000?

Even in those short clips you can see he was something special.
It also illustrates the period of decline of the Scottish player.
In many clips you can see Roy Aitken attempting to play football. Between Ian Durrant and Roy Aitken only one of them played at a World Cup and it wasn't Durrant. Aitken somehow managed to get in to TWO World Cup squads. It's quite unbelievable.

1965 League Cup Final - they got 2 pens. One a stick-on, the other well dodgy. We got one turned down in the second half that was a carbon copy of their dodgy one. They won 2-1.

1966 League Cup Final. Bobby Watson equalises and everyone in the ground but referee Wharton thinks it's a goal. He chops it off for some unknown infringement. They won 1-0.

1969 League Cup tie at the piggery. Hughes, already book, brings down a Rangers player and the ref goes to book him, realises he's already booked and changes his mind and gives him a talking to instead. They go onto win 1-0 and pip us for the section.

1977 Scottish Cup Final. Valentine awards a penalty for a so-called hand-ball on the line by DJ that he can't possibly have been sure of. TV replays to this day still can't prove it was a handball and DJ insists he didn't handle even now. They win 1-0.

1989 - Valentine again. Not only does he allow them to take a throw-in that was ours (a move that ended with them scoring) he then disallows a late Terry Butcher equaliser for a supposed block on Bonner, when the only player anywhere near him was in green and white. They win 1-0.

And those are only the Cup Finals and section deciders. There have been countless other similar incidents in "ordinary" league or cup games. Difference is we have class and accept it. They have never lost a match against us without it being down to some refereeing or masonic conspiracy.

If footballers were motor cars, Ian Durrant would have been the love child of a Rolls Royce and a Ferrari.
He was on the cusp of a type of greatness few British players have achieved, then he was criminally undone by a thug.
I hate that bastard and I really do mean that. I won't even dignify him by mentioning his name.

To come back and be as good as he was after being brutally assaulted in such a fashion showed the calibre of Durrant as a player and as a man.

Spot on. There is reference to referees on this thread. At the end of the game when Simpson shattered the career of an outstanding young man, the referee Louis Thow could return to Ayr, to get on with his life, but not so,

This video is exhibit A for the defence. And the most recent incident is over 20 years ago.

I wonder how many statements the Rangers board decided to put out about officials :rolleyes:

I think another thing these clips show is what an arrogant arsehole of a commentator Archie McPherson is !

George Smith was as bad.

The big surprise is the video doesn't include the scandalous red cards we got from the worst referee of my lifetime, Andrew Waddell.
Smith is a Hubs fan and was in Pat Stantons class at school.
Waddell is just a Can’t

1965 League Cup Final - they got 2 pens. One a stick-on, the other well dodgy. We got one turned down in the second half that was a carbon copy of their dodgy one. They won 2-1.

1966 League Cup Final. Bobby Watson equalises and everyone in the ground but referee Wharton thinks it's a goal. He chops it off for some unknown infringement. They won 1-0.

1969 League Cup tie at the piggery. Hughes, already book, brings down a Rangers player and the ref goes to book him, realises he's already booked and changes his mind and gives him a talking to instead. They go onto win 1-0 and pip us for the section.

1977 Scottish Cup Final. Valentine awards a penalty for a so-called hand-ball on the line by DJ that he can't possibly have been sure of. TV replays to this day still can't prove it was a handball and DJ insists he didn't handle even now. They win 1-0.

1989 - Valentine again. Not only does he allow them to take a throw-in that was ours (a move that ended with them scoring) he then disallows a late Terry Butcher equaliser for a supposed block on Bonner, when the only player anywhere near him was in green and white. They win 1-0.

And those are only the Cup Finals and section deciders. There have been countless other similar incidents in "ordinary" league or cup games. Difference is we have class and accept it. They have never lost a match against us without it being down to some refereeing or masonic conspiracy.

The Butcher one is in the video.
A decision that cost us a treble.

You forget how many ludicrous decisions there have been.

Some of those penalties were absolute stone wallers but the Robertson and Steven offsides are brutal.

Definitely a need for an update video though.

Bob Valentine really was a cheating bastard :mad:
That '89 final was his last game as he was thankfully retiring from refereeing. Can clearly remember nearly every Bear we spoke to heading over to Hampden saying the same thing, "wonder how he'll rob us the day"..now it was a terrible game and we were poor but, that doesn't excuse his blatant cheating denying us that day.

Reactions: ao2
Some shockers.

Funny to watch how for the most part, the players get up and get on with it. None of the rolling around shite or 6 men surrounding the officials to scream at them.

An absolute Rolls Royce of a player,brilliant to watch,so much natural ability..still rue the fact that we didn’t get to see the very best of him in a Rangers jersey.

I'm sure I'll get pelters but it's a shame that several posters on this thread have lowered themselves to mentally challenged-like accusations of "cheating bastard" referees who are biased against us.

The rational conclusion to be drawn from the OP's excellent post is that there is NO conspiracy either way and it's ludicrous to suggest otherwise. Just a history of very poor refereeing.

I'm proud not to support a club which has allowed lunatics within its support to produce a video from within its stadium peddling this nonsense. None of us should descend to their level.

I can here Timmy now...

Aye but this is just the refs throwing a few decisions against Rangers to make it look like they’re not all in on it.

Everyone knows all the refs are Freemasons and biased towards Rangers.

We’re pure hard done by and a hate thaim basturts!

:-D

A whole series of errors by the same refs who were supposed to be getting their orders from their local Masonic lodges. - some of those at Celtic are middle aged men who seriously believe that is the case. People have been locked up for less. I had forgot about the Butcher disallowed goal and that one where he saves it on the goal line.

A whole series of errors by the same refs who were supposed to be getting their orders from their local Masonic lodges. - some of those at Celtic are middle aged men who seriously believe that is the case. People have been locked up for less. I had forgot about the Butcher disallowed goal and that one where he saves it on the goal line.

The 2 offside decisions against Robertson and Steven were a country mile worse than the Cadete one but out of the 3 there is only 1 that still gets dredged up over 20 years later.

There is a narrative in Scottish football that Rangers get all the decisions, and although Celtic fans are worst for it, the others believe it too. So either fans of other clubs naturally believe Celtic fan bullshit or we have a media intent on pushing that agenda for reasons they would need to explain.

The League Cup SF at Ibrox, Bonnar brought down Hateley after Hateley knocked the ball past Bonnar and had a tap in. The ref allowed the ball to trundle towards the goal while Peter Grant caughr up with it and made a big deal of letting it get to the line before stopping it .
Later on Huistra got sent off for kicking fresh air.

George Smith was a serial offender. Was he not the one with the 25yd penalty area at Pittodrie?

Just need to look at the last OF game they got away with all sorts.

The League Cup SF at Ibrox, Bonnar brought down Hateley after Hateley knocked the ball past Bonnar and had a tap in. The ref allowed the ball to trundle towards the goal while Peter Grant caughr up with it and made a big deal of letting it get to the line before stopping it .
Later on Huistra got sent off for kicking fresh air.

George Smith was a serial offender. Was he not the one with the 25yd penalty area at Pittodrie?

I think it was him who gave the 90th minute penalty against us in the very early 80s for a Colin Jackson tackle a good 3 yards outside the box. That knocked us out the League Cup.

They got a penalty in 1989 when the ball hit a divot and bounced up onto Richard Gough's hand. There wasn't a Celtic player anywhere near him. It was a complete accident. Yet they got it.

Fortunately they missed it.

And there was the 1989 Scottish Cup Final throw in which went against us and they scored from it.

And the 1977 Scottish Cup Final when they got a penalty when DJ moved his hands out of the way.

I’m sure I remember a few years back someone spoke about this on a phone in not sure if it was Clyde or real radio but I’m positive that the host asked for the 2 callers (1 tim 1 bear) to gather facts and come back on next week , the tim came up with a couple of pages and the bear came back with dozens of pages of incidents, can’t remember the outcome but we had more to complain about thus rendering timmies theory about us getting more decisions than them as shite.

I'm sure I'll get pelters but it's a shame that several posters on this thread have lowered themselves to mentally challenged-like accusations of "cheating bastard" referees who are biased against us.

The rational conclusion to be drawn from the OP's excellent post is that there is NO conspiracy either way and it's ludicrous to suggest otherwise. Just a history of very poor refereeing.

I'm proud not to support a club which has allowed lunatics within its support to produce a video from within its stadium peddling this nonsense. None of us should descend to their level.

You wont get pelters but its a daft post.... there has been a lot of cheating in our games in recent seasons it might not be some massive conspiracy but they have certainly went out to cause us problems and no doubt will again as the title race gets more exciting. Celtic and the media are just giving them a wee warning.... You have done quite well but we want more much much more, we need the vital decisions, Now.

I have never been able to understand this crazy obsession people have with celtic fans, if its tim behaviour to say a ref is biased and enjoys cheating us then it must be timmy behaviour to say journos, papers, tv pundits etc are biased too. You also should not and cannot ignore the incredible pressure put on these guys by the press.

Back