A hypothetical question

Bearsden Bear

Imagine it's January, and we are neck and neck with Celtic in the Championship race (I wish!) and we had one striker who was scoring goals just for fun (the club's leading scorer) - again, I just wish! - and the Club chairman wanted to sell him just to raise some cash . . . how would you feel?

I know how most Bears would feel, and "having some anxiety that we would blow the League if we sold said striker" is probably the most diplomatic answer I could publish here.

Well, that was exactly the situation the very month the "We Deserve Better" campaign was launched!

Kris Boyd, however, a man who takes way too much stick on these boards (but that is another debate for another day) refused to leave, despite being financially incentivized to do so, and went on to play an instrumental part in Rangers success that season.

Meantime SDM rolled out his lackeys like Chick Young and Andy Cameron to try and rubbish the WDB campaign.

The other question (not hypothetical) is do "we deserve better" now?

Imagine it's January, and we are neck and neck with Celtic in the Championship race (I wish!) and we had one striker who was scoring goals just for fun (the club's leading scorer) - again, I just wish! - and the Club chairman wanted to sell him just to raise some cash . . . how would you feel?

I know how most Bears would feel, and "having some anxiety that we would blow the League if we sold said striker" is probably the most diplomatic answer I could publish here.

Well, that was exactly the situation the very month the "We Deserve Better" campaign was launched!

Kris Boyd, however, a man who takes way too much stick on these boards (but that is another debate for another day) refused to leave, despite being financially incentivized to do so, and went on to play an instrumental part in Rangers success that season.

Meantime SDM rolled out his lackeys like Chick Young and Andy Cameron to try and rubbish the WDB campaign.

The other question (not hypothetical) is do "we deserve better" now?

Not so much "better" more "something".

As right now it appears we are expected just to fire money into the club to watch the board give up on a season at 6 points behind in October.

6 points that we could long overturned given the points Celtic have dropped recently.

Back