A list of the ref/VAR errors from last night

frankie_dux

That was the worst performance by both I have ever seen.

The things I remember are as follows

1.The tackle on tav where the boy left the ground with a sliding tackle - potential red, no VAR review and missed by ref

2. Handball in box and clear rangers pen. Dismissed by VAR

3. 8 mins of injury time at the end of the first half when only should have been 4.

4. Slight touch by Davis and the boy dived. Clear dive but VAR still thought it was a pen incredibly

5. Defender standing on Kent’s heel/ ankle - Potential red card and no VAR review or a cars

6. Alfie penalty where the defender should have seen red for a clear goal scoring opportunity - yelllow given.

7. The second penalty that hit the guys arm after being blasted at from Kent. I didn’t think this was a pen or a red - VAR confirmed the pen.

8. Clear offside for their first goal which was not even reviewed by VAR for some reason.

That’s without talking about the first fouls from borna / Kent that received yellows but they fouled constantly all night with no yellow.

What a night for the ref and the VAR.

This must never come to Scotland as it’s a shit show

Presumably Kabakov (last night’s referee’s name) must be Bulgarian for Clancy.
It's actual meaning is 'tavern'. I reckon he has spent too much time in one as he had no clue what the time was at the end of the first 45. Think he might have sobered up a bit in the second half.

The guy getting a yellow card for pulling Alfie's jersey was a real head scratched. I think after previous incidents we are all well versed in this rule and there was no attempt to play the ball therefore it should have been red.

The penalty we conceded was never a penalty BUT the constraints of VAR have to be understood. VAR doesn’t give the decision, it answers the question of factual error. If the referee doesn’t give that, neither does VAR, but the referee did, and because there was a touch (not enough for a pen obviously) VAR can’t overturn. No touch at all, it would have.

Referee was terrible, some crazy inconsistencies re yellow cards.

The penalty we conceded was never a penalty BUT the constraints of VAR have to be understood. VAR doesn’t give the decision, it answers the question of factual error. If the referee doesn’t give that, neither does VAR, but the referee did, and because there was a touch (not enough for a pen obviously) VAR can’t overturn. No touch at all, it would have.

Yes - similar to ‘umpire’s call’ in the cricket.

That’s not true. VAR can overturn a penalty but it needs to refer it to the ref and then he makes the decision. Contact doesn’t make it automatically a penalty.

If the guys in charge of VAR as as bias as the ref is, then the decisions are going to continue to be bias .

No doubt in my mind that ref had been bunged last night. The number of yellows they should have had and then Barisic was yellowed for absolutely nothing.

I think this would have been a bigger talking point had we lost

The tackle on Tav is a shocker. Boy leaps into it. I would say it could easily have been a red. Not to even book him is mystifying

That was the most infuriating part. He let the two worst tackles of the game go, by them, in the first half.

Also this is the worst of VAR, it’s as if referees don’t think they need to make a call on all penalty decisions and offsides as VAR should clear them up, but how they can review our early penalty claim and say it wasn’t a penalty was unbelievable.

If the guys in charge of VAR as as bias as the ref is, then the decisions are going to continue to be bias .

No doubt in my mind that ref had been bunged last night. The number of yellows they should have had and then Barisic was yellowed for absolutely nothing.

I think this would have been a bigger talking point had we lost
I do think he may have been got at. Some of the decisions were ridiculous.

Var removes common sense. There was contact and the boy goes down for a penalty. They see any contact and its a pen even though the bloke throws himself. Offside by baw hair. its very exact

It would have been interesting had Jack not blocked the effort right at the end as the boy looked well offside from the original free kick. Given the ref and VARs performance before then I am not sure what would have happened had it gone in

That was the worst performance by both I have ever seen.

The things I remember are as follows

1.The tackle on tav where the boy left the ground with a sliding tackle - potential red, no VAR review and missed by ref

2. Handball in box and clear Rangers pen. Dismissed by VAR

3. 8 mins of injury time at the end of the first half when only should have been 4.

4. Slight touch by Davis and the boy dived. Clear dive but VAR still thought it was a pen incredibly

5. Defender standing on Kent’s heel/ ankle - Potential red card and no VAR review or a cars

6. Alfie penalty where the defender should have seen red for a clear goal scoring opportunity - yelllow given.

7. The second penalty that hit the guys arm after being blasted at from Kent. I didn’t think this was a pen or a red - VAR confirmed the pen.

8. Clear offside for their first goal which was not even reviewed by VAR for some reason.

That’s without talking about the first fouls from borna / Kent that received yellows but they fouled constantly all night with no yellow.

What a night for the ref and the VAR.

This must never come to Scotland as it’s a shit show
I didn't think the winner penalty was a penalty. But the rules say it is not that I'm complaining. The boys reaction probably made it worse for him and factored into the decision

The added time is a minimum. Play was stopped in added time when Roofe went down and was subbed off, for which the ref adds more time on, then the penalty was given in the additional added time. Its not like he just played on for an extra 8 minutes for the sake of it.

The first penalty claim for handball, which was not given by VAR, was more blatant than the one given to Leverkusen at Ibrox by VAR. It's not as if the ball hit him from a yard away, it travelled about twenty yards across the box before hitting his arm, which was not down by his side. I thought that it was a clear penalty.

Back