A long time coming!” | Kenny Miller on Rangers as 55th title edges closer

Ffs

Mustve just been me and small minority on here that celebrated his two braces at the piggery, double at Ibrox and opener at hampden in 2016.

He played for them, get over it. They channel more miserable thoughts about him tenfold than we do.

Kennys a good guy. Always will be in my eyes.

Exceptional attitude and application from Kenny Miller, even when things were not going great he never short changed and put in a shift, good goal return in the big games as well.
I think he will do well in football, was it 5 he scored as a kid v StMirren?
I liked him.

Surprised he's not trying to take some credit somehow, probably the only Rangers player I actively dislike
Ahead of Barton and the painter who bet against us?
Add in those who took without contributing.
Like Bernard, Rothen, Webster and a few others who hid behind injuries, real and convenient?

Exceptional attitude and application from Kenny Miller, even when things were not going great he never short changed and put in a shift, good goal return in the big games as well.
I think he will do well in football, was it 5 he scored as a kid v StMirren?
I liked him.
Scored what I think was the most perfect header I’ve witnessed to win us the League Cup!
A header any of our much more heralded strikers would’ve been proud of.

I didn't want him back at first but his hard work, dedication, goals and the vast improvement in his all round play soon won me over.

Always thought when Miller played he put in a shift, apart from his goals his work rate was first class, sadly for some bears the fact he played for the filth will always cast a shadow ,still I appreciate his contribution to Rangers.

He was a thick skinned individual. The abuse he took at his first game back against Preussen Muenster was beyond the pale.

No animosity to him from me! Time has heeled my rage at him playing for the scum. Scored a lot of important goals for Rangers.

What a player.

Must be some existence you’ve got when you’re trying to win staunch points on a forum instead of recognising the guy’s contribution to Rangers over the years.
Exactly mate. Some of the comments on here are laughable.

Superb player for Rangers.

He can never be forgiven for going to the scum but his contribution to Rangers was much, much more positive than negative.
People like Kenny Miller would flog their granny if she had decent market value. Their principles can be bought and sold. But if we are only talking football, I don't think anyone would deny that he scored some important goals for Rangers.

People like Kenny Miller would flog their granny if she had decent market value. Their principles can be bought and sold. But if we are only talking football, I don't think anyone would deny that he scored some important goals for Rangers.
We all know what Kenny Miller was but, on the park, he delivered for Rangers.

We all know what Kenny Miller was but, on the park, he delivered for Rangers.

I can't see the issue with so-called mercenaries like Miller. People use the word like it's a negative.

It would be different if he was phoning it in and moving from club to club for a signing on fee. But the guy is the ultimate professional. He'll give his all every time, whether he's in Scotland or Turkey. Throughout his career there's pretty much always been a guaranteed level of performance.

Like in any industry, it's just business.

I view Kenny similarly to Barry Ferguson.

Both excellent players on the park who wanted the best for the club but whose methods for trying to enact change weren’t befitting either the club or their place within it. If they’d been more supportive of their managers they’d be bona fide legends for me. Two great Rangers players but not Great Rangers.

I wish them both all the best but they’ll never be amongst my favourites, which is a pity as I thought Miller was possibly the best example of what a career could be made of just total dedication and hard work.

Who’s the burd? Clearly she’d get it but that voice....
Too many podcasts going around these days.

Hes a strange one for me. I have never taken to the man but as a player he was all in all the time and passionate about the game. A hall of famer

My abiding memory of Kenny Miller is him chasing a lost cause into the corner and keeping it out for a throw-in during that shambolic Championship season, turning round and screaming at Ian Black who just turned away disinterested. A Rangers legend and a bona fide Hall of Famer for his contributions in our shirt.

I can't see the issue with so-called mercenaries like Miller. People use the word like it's a negative.

It would be different if he was phoning it in and moving from club to club for a signing on fee. But the guy is the ultimate professional. He'll give his all every time, whether he's in Scotland or Turkey. Throughout his career there's pretty much always been a guaranteed level of performance.

Like in any industry, it's just business.
The mercenary term annoys me when people use it in relation to Kenny Miller, there are players who were at rangers for a short time, contributed relatively little and have cashed in on the "blue pound", Miller in contrast busted a gut for us and was worth every penny.

Last edited:
He was an important player for us and a great goalscorer. Total professional whose commitment was never in question. One indiscretion in particular was damaging but his contribution to RFC was beyond question.

I was in the minority and definitely wanted him back when the rumours started, I knew him and Boyd would be the ideal striking partnership.

Plus every goal scored would be a deep cut for that lot. I remember the Mo Johnston saga :)

Correct me if I’m wrong but when his contract was winding down at Wolves, Rangers knew he was available and effectively had first choice on him, but chose not to take the option up. He still fecked up with his subsequent choice, but we all make mistakes. Modern football.

One of my favourite players in all my time watching Rangers.

Man to my eternal shame I chanted Ally Ally gif. I was 13 and we all make mistakes
As did I at a similar age . Imagine singing that and yet having Nicky Walker posters up and having him as my favourite player . Shows you what 11 year old me knew !

Not divisive for me in any way. One of the better Rangers strikers of the last 20 years or so. Has character flaws, like everyone else, but could never be accused of giving less than 100% on the pitch for us. I find it bizarre that some have ‘forgiven’ Mo for playing for the Dhims but not Miller. Both served the Club well but, in those terms, Miller is in a different League.

I really don’t know what to make of Miller. Scored lots of goals for us, including many important ones but playing for the poets and the eventual controversy cloud things.

The best thing he can do is keep his head down and sing our praises.

Glass half full for me
I only remember his goals for us
Some very important ones as well

He scored some massive goals for us over his time and always gave everything. I'm a fan of Kenny Miller.

Yes, he played for that lot but are you telling me that he never atoned for that in his 2nd spell here? 49 goals in 81 games and 5 trophies in 3 seasons. Not many can match that.

Plus, he put that mob to the sword many a time

Didn’t want him back but won me over with his commitment and important goals. Noticeable that he refers to “we” when talking about us. And the scum hate him. That’ll do for me!

I didn’t want him back.
I sung “stick yer Kenny Miller up yer arse”
He proved me wrong, massively.

Im glad he redeemed himself and he deserves to be in our thoughts as one of the many that returned us to our rightful position.

My colleague met Walter at a wedding and mentioned bringing him back and the bears thoughts, Walter said, he'll do the job. Walter was right.

Back