A message from The captain

Sorry this is largely pish. And what a lot of the bams try to hide behind.
Circumstances in Barca and Manchester might have had a degree of bad luck and a degree of mitigation however it wasn’t the Daily Record who banned us for a year from Europe it was UEFA.
Manchester had too many arseholes who got too drunk and couldn’t control themselves-not everyone who was disappointed at the screens failing decided to wreck the place or else they’d still be rebuilding the place.

Absolutely the vast majority of our support will and do behave but we have an element who will cause issues.

What happened at the weekend is nothing to do with what we do but some will use it as an excuse. There’s no logic in this irrespective of the core argument.
Celtic’s scum element not being held accountable is not an excuse for our wayward element to do what they want.

You are a sensible poster but these threads attract an element who absolutely resent any kind of authority or direction and clearly think they can do what they want. It reeks out of these threads.

There’s nothing condescending or embarrassing about the club being proactive in this.
They also can’t come out and say anything about the weekend-it’s mental to think otherwise.

We retain a sad element who just want a free for all and they hide behind all kinds of excuses.

We are on the edge of a special moment in our history nothing should tarnish that.
Agree with literally every word of this. No interest in whatabouttery. Everyone should take responsibility for their own actions in Seville and remember who we are representing.

It's a sad state of affairs that we need to keep putting these videos out there because of a minority in our support, club only covering themselves imo.

Its the spanish police gestapo they need to be sending these messages to .....on previous visits to spain they have been the root cause of potential flashpoints as they just weigh in with batons swinging for barely any reason at all , its how they communicate to you they dont talk or gesture they just lash out

There will be issues, inevitable but hopefully isolated and low key.
There will be no such thing as “low key” when the Scottish media get a sniff.

A full page on a few fans singing “the banned song the Billy boys” recently had them spunking their frillies.
Just think what they’ll do if they get their mitts on a couple of crisp pokes blowing in the wind.

Do you think the media are honest and impartial in their reporting of both sets of supporters behaviour? You just needed to look at the media over the weekend and today to know they arent and in fact are complicit in wiping stories from their sites.

This young YouTuber posted on social media that he was subjected to racist abuse from Celtic fans and he was threatened he was going to be stabbed and to quote the lad, " he was terrified for his life!" The story about this was on the Scottish Sun site last night for approximately 40 mins and then it was wiped from their site and if you try and search from the same story that was posted you are met with this

The same story on another site so, why have the sun wiped it from their timeline?

the lads comments

That story would still be there if one of our support had made these threats and comments to the lad and thats also the difference!

The double standards in media reporting, the failure of MSP's to condemn their behaviour at the weekend, the failure of the FM to condemn them when last year she issued a statement saying she was disgusted by our support for some flowers and benches so, should we then take it she doesn't give a shit about a historic building being badly damaged which will cost thousands to repair, smashed traffic lights, clean up costs for the litter, damaging cars, Open drug taking, closing roads and traffic so that all businesses have to close resulting in loss of revenue in their troubled times?
This is just deflection. Yes the media are a bunch of hypocritical c*nts and the reporting is one sided. Changes nothing.

Yes the tims are also really bad. Changes nothing.

Thats what I am getting at with our complete lack of self reflection. There's always someone willing to give the worst elements of our support an "out".

Its that bloody one-sided mainstream media again!

Like I said, there's always and excuse and it's always someone else's fault.

Gives the club an out if/when any fans do embarrass themselves and us, they can say that they were proactive about it. Still no less of a riddy.

Yet, despite Barcelona and Manchester, there was no self-reflection among the support at all. Just a lot of denial.

In 1972 the team were presented with the trophy in private and we were banned for a year. Then Manchester was a disaster. Both times its conveniently because of the police.

Sections of the stadium closed? It's UEFAs fault.

George Sq last year. That's the SNPs and GCCs fault.

Some of the absolutely dreadful behaviour at Ibrox this season. Brushed under the carpet and complaining fans ridiculed.

Its always someone else's fault and there's never really any soul searching or self reflection. Just "oh any gathering has bams". Funny how it's always our support at the center of these storms though.

Let's just hope all goes well for the next few days. No point in scaremongering now as its far too late if anything is going to kick off. If it all goes horribly wrong then we will deal with it.

For now we just hope for the best and the club is putting out the right messages so hopefully that has some impact.

Everyone go and have a great time and let's bring the trophy home.

I don’t disagree with you RWB.

I was at Barcelona & Manchester & know you are right.

I’m maybe old fashioned, but anyone letting the club down with their behaviour really should be banned for life. They just don’t love the club, while the vast majority of us do.

Of course these other things were factors, but it doesn’t excuse unacceptable behaviour such as the bottle throwing at Manchester.

This is just deflection. Yes the media are a bunch of hypocritical c*nts and the reporting is one sided. Changes nothing.

Yes the tims are also really bad. Changes nothing.

Thats what I am getting at with our complete lack of self reflection. There's always someone willing to give the worst elements of our support an "out".

Its that bloody one-sided mainstream media again!

Like I said, there's always and excuse and it's always someone else's fault.
Completely agree. In recent years poor behaviour has been excused by all manner of things. the media, the police, the big screen stopped working etc. Even of late it was the absurd idea that the song book was back out just because of that ludicrous friendly. Now thats cancelled and the song book remains much to the shock of absolutely nobody. 99.9% of the people going to seville are adults or travelling with adults. If everyone acts like an adult, or at least 99.99% of us then there is no need to get the excuse book back out again. It absolutely fries my nut.

Because that 8K can be trusted as they have shown in 50 Euro trips. The message isn’t needed.

Times that number by 10 and you are gonna have a fair section of undesirables.

Correct.

But those who are hellbent on causing aggro aren't going to change their mind because a guy who played for us last 24 years ago(probably before some of them were born) is telling them to behave. They're not going to listen.

I get why the club are doing it. It's a shame they feel they have to do it but they are going about it in the most tonedeaf way possible.

I’m maybe old fashioned, but anyone letting the club down with their behaviour really should be banned for life. They just don’t love the club, while the vast majority of us do.

Of course these other things were factors, but it doesn’t excuse unacceptable behaviour such as the bottle throwing at Manchester.
I think the problem with banning troublemakers for life is the vast majority of them are not Ibrox regulars. Rangers as a club can’t stop idiots from travelling abroad to be in the same city as the club.
I would imagine the sort who will be out of control will be same sort who in a few weeks will be out of control in the resorts of the Costas.

I think the problem with banning troublemakers for life is the vast majority of them are not Ibrox regulars. Rangers as a club can’t stop idiots from travelling abroad to be in the same city as the club.
I would imagine the sort who will be out of control will be same sort who in a few weeks will be out of control in the resorts of the Costas.

Agree Sandbear, however it at least would send a strong message to the very small minority of our own who do let us down.

Additionally it would send a message to those hypocrites across the city, whose propaganda machine is the ultimate in whitabootery.

Do you think the media are honest and impartial in their reporting of both sets of supporters behaviour? You just needed to look at the media over the weekend and today to know they arent and in fact are complicit in wiping stories from their sites.

This young YouTuber posted on social media that he was subjected to racist abuse from Celtic fans and he was threatened he was going to be stabbed and to quote the lad, " he was terrified for his life!" The story about this was on the Scottish Sun site last night for approximately 40 mins and then it was wiped from their site and if you try and search from the same story that was posted you are met with this

The same story on another site so, why have the sun wiped it from their timeline?

the lads comments

That story would still be there if one of our support had made these threats and comments to the lad and thats also the difference!

The double standards in media reporting, the failure of MSP's to condemn their behaviour at the weekend, the failure of the FM to condemn them when last year she issued a statement saying she was disgusted by our support for some flowers and benches so, should we then take it she doesn't give a shit about a historic building being badly damaged which will cost thousands to repair, smashed traffic lights, clean up costs for the litter, damaging cars, Open drug taking, closing roads and traffic so that all businesses have to close resulting in loss of revenue in their troubled times?

That's creepy that they're deleting stories from the mayhem at Trongate.

The club don’t really have any choice but to send out stuff like this.

I suppose in the event of something happening they can’t be criticised for not being proactive like they were with our title celebrations.

Doubt it will have any effect on drunken arseholes being exactly that but I’m confident there will be plenty self policing to squash much of that.
It won't make the slightest bit of difference to those who are praying for violence.

Rangers asked for fans to be allowed into Ibrox.
We asked fans not to gather.
When they did, messages were put out asking them to disperse.

The club really couldn't have done much more prior to George Square, but it still "wasn't enough".

Yep agree
Which is why ever Rangers fan should have their social media account set to private so its just their mates and followers that see pictures and videos posted. That's really not hard to and I honestly just wish folk would do stuff like this to save the media getting their hands on them
yep agreed,

I
I get the sentiment and I totally agree but all this does is shine the spotlight further on us.

That said if there is any widespread trouble in Seville It will be a complete embarrassment. It’s time to self police and make sure our win is the only thing people are talking about on Thursday and not a euro ban for next season as that’s what will happen nothing surer
f there is trouble in Seville by Rangers fans we will not have to worry about Europe for many years

To all the people saying 'embarrassing from the club" etc, no, this is not what is embarrassing, what is embarrassing is that the club actually need to do this. And they do as there are a number of absolute idiots in our support who just cannot behave. People saying it is patronising are absolutely pathetic and insecure.

Sorry this is largely pish. And what a lot of the bams try to hide behind.
Circumstances in Barca and Manchester might have had a degree of bad luck and a degree of mitigation however it wasn’t the Daily Record who banned us for a year from Europe it was UEFA.
Manchester had too many arseholes who got too drunk and couldn’t control themselves-not everyone who was disappointed at the screens failing decided to wreck the place or else they’d still be rebuilding the place.

Absolutely the vast majority of our support will and do behave but we have an element who will cause issues.

What happened at the weekend is nothing to do with what we do but some will use it as an excuse. There’s no logic in this irrespective of the core argument.
Celtic’s scum element not being held accountable is not an excuse for our wayward element to do what they want.

You are a sensible poster but these threads attract an element who absolutely resent any kind of authority or direction and clearly think they can do what they want. It reeks out of these threads.

There’s nothing condescending or embarrassing about the club being proactive in this.
They also can’t come out and say anything about the weekend-it’s mental to think otherwise.

We retain a sad element who just want a free for all and they hide behind all kinds of excuses.

We are on the edge of a special moment in our history nothing should tarnish that.

I'm not excusing or denying there is absolute dicks in our support, unfortunately we have an element who can't control themselves when they get pished.

I absolutely expect there to be incidents over there where people make an arse of themselves with bad behaviour, it's going to happen but I do believe this is a Scottish thing more than a Rangers fan thing. As unpopular an opinion as it may be, we've got as many arseholes who can't behave in our support as that lot have in theirs.

I hate all the whataboutery shite as much as anyone else but it's pretty blatant that any small incident here will be blown way out of proportion by the media.

If people act the cvnt and cause damage or fight with police then we deserve all the criticism we get but you just know we will be getting slated for a few photos of litter or a couple of dickheads fighting over a taxi.

I absolutely expect there to be incidents over there where people make an arse of themselves with bad behaviour, it's going to happen but I do believe this is a Scottish thing more than a Rangers fan thing. As unpopular an opinion as it may be, we've got as many arseholes who can't behave in our support as that lot have in theirs.

I hate all the whataboutery shite as much as anyone else but it's pretty blatant that any small incident here will be blown way out of proportion by the media.

If people act the cvnt and cause damage or fight with police then we deserve all the criticism we get but you just know we will be getting slated for a few photos of litter or a couple of dickheads fighting over a taxi.
There is no denying we have some dafties but, the media have all but tried to wipe away their behaviour from their social media pages as if Saturday was all just a blur and there wasn't thousands of £'s worth of clean up costs for Glaswegians to pay for! The Tramps badly damaging the historic Mercat Building, smashing traffic lights, rubbish everywhere, cars damaged, businesses having to close resulting in them losing much needed revenue.

Now people can say listing all that is " whataboutery", but its not, is explaining that no matter what our support ever does, it will be blown up to much bigger than it really needs to be. Do people honestly think that if Rangers fans had booted in the door of the historic Mercat building, smashed its windows and had been jumping up and down on the top of it that Glasgow City Council's resident Rangers hater Susan Aitken would not have already made a statement and demanded Rangers pay for all damage? Of course she would have!

She has been asked many times on social media as have Sturgeon and all the resident Rangers hating MSP's to comment and they have all suddenly gone missing!

That's creepy that they're deleting stories from the mayhem at Trongate.
Its seriously creepy. You can actually find more stories online from the Scottish Sun regarding Rangers fans at George square last yr than you can about their vile behaviour at the weekend! What an obvious one sided agenda!

Its seriously creepy. You can actually find more stories online from the Scottish Sun regarding Rangers fans at George square last yr than you can about their vile behaviour at the weekend! What an obvious one sided agenda!
What happened over the weekend? I only notice stuff I see posted on here but had a busy weekend so didn’t see anything.

Just look at Manchester mate
Correct. It's sad that some people need reminded, but they do and in the event of trouble, I really don't have any issue with the club covering its back in advance by issuing 'behave' advice to fans.

Reactions: BWO
Manchester that was instigated by aggressive policing attacking fans, and as a 15 year old sober without a touch of alchohol in the middle of it I can clearly remember who was at fault that day.
Spanish police don't need much reason to go in baton swinging so let's hope they don't have any reasons apart from the bears wanting selfies taken with them, fcuk knows why folk want selfies with police but I'm an old cant and this is the only form of social I have

I dont mind that at all. Lets all go and enjoy ourselves, but put our best face on too. Positive support for our great team and ignore the sideshow traps that some people will only be too glad to set off.

Have fun , take care, look after each other, just a wee bit of awareness is no bad thing.

This is beyond fuckin embarrassing. What are the club thinking with this stuff
Keep seeing this view over and over.
I'll tell you what is 'beyond embarrassing' for a Rangers supporter? Wrecked bams giving our enemies the ammunition to get us fined, banned or generally just blackening the name of the club.

The entire Euro run thus far has been magnificent for the profile of the club outside of Scotland. I think the board can be forgiven for being pre-emptive on this given the absolute rocket-fest that parts of Manchester descended in to.

I find it hard to believe anyone right minded would be more embarrassed by these messages than the sort of behaviour they aim to discourage.

Bear in mind some locals may have less than friendly reactions to oceans of Union flags. We’re not exactly a well liked nationality, especially in Spain.

Absolutely, I witnessed the absolute bam element of our support first hand in Manchester, it was shameful.

Thing is, it really is a very small element of our support, but when we are travelling in such numbers this small element adds up.

There’s no excuse whatsoever for bams being bams, we know it will happen with some of them and there’s no point in excusing it, they are total arseholes and it’s out of order.

Keep seeing this view over and over.
I'll tell you what is 'beyond embarrassing' for a Rangers supporter? Wrecked bams giving our enemies the ammunition to get us fined, banned or generally just blackening the name of the club.

The entire Euro run thus far has been magnificent for the profile of the club outside of Scotland. I think the board can be forgiven for being pre-emptive on this given the absolute rocket-fest that parts of Manchester descended in to.

I find it hard to believe anyone right minded would be more embarrassed by these messages than the sort of behaviour they aim to discourage.
I'll tell you what's embarrassing. The club promoting their fans as absolute thugs who need reminding on how to behave, show me any other club that's done this? They're promoting the image before it's even happened so less of this nonsense mate

I'll tell you what's embarrassing. The club promoting their fans as absolute thugs who need reminding on how to behave, show me any other club that's done this? They're promoting the image before it's even happened so less of this nonsense mate
No idea, could be loads for all i know - i only follow Rangers. Have you audited the social media of every European team? I doubt you have any more of an idea than i do, so stop spouting ill informed rubbish.

And also, we're in the unique position of taking over 100k supporters to a foreign city for a Match. This isn't Man City turning up and failing to even sell out their allocation, so its hardly surprising that we need to be on top of this.

You carry on being embarrassed mate, hopefully this is the worst thing to happen all week.

The club getting their defence in early in the event there are any ugly scenes.
Look at everything we did to try and prevent it .

I get the reason but the delivery is patronising

Absolutely, I witnessed the absolute bam element of our support first hand in Manchester, it was shameful.

Thing is, it really is a very small element of our support, but when we are travelling in such numbers this small element adds up.

There’s no excuse whatsoever for bams being bams, we know it will happen with some of them and there’s no point in excusing it, they are total arseholes and it’s out of order.

Yes Barry.

We maybe had 150-200,000 there & 300-500 let the lot of us down, in terms of fighting with the police down there.

Soul destroying mate.

I dont mind that at all. Lets all go and enjoy ourselves, but put our best face on too. Positive support for our great team and ignore the sideshow traps that some people will only be too glad to set off.

Have fun , take care, look after each other, just a wee bit of awareness is no bad thing.

If our fans behave the way we did against Leipzig we’ll be proclaimed TGFITW by people across Europe.

Rather than certain teams that proclaim that for themselves ?

Let’s hope we move the agenda to that being our aim, as well as winning of course.

No issue with it whatsoever. Promote the correct message , act responsibly and enjoy the party. Hopefuly we'll be celebrating a historic win instead of the negative stuff.

I think the club need to be seen to be proactive on it tbh, have no problem with the messages at all
100 percent this.

I appreciate the clubs ludicrous PR policy will be a hindrance, but they really have to be out there setting the narrative and gift wrapping positive stories for journalists.

The clubs lack of engagement creates a vacuume which "call it out", Celtic and the SNP are more than happy to fill.

Back