A most enjoyable " steak bake" - Update

TeddyBear

Last night someone posted links to the best stories on the old site. I knew about the story in the OP but had never seen it. I clicked on it last night and spent about an hour in tears of laughter.

One of the reasons I found it so funny, is I was the other mate involved in this caper. I can confirm that the story is absolutely true.

My wife was wondering what I was finding so funny, but for obvious reasons fobbed her off with "just some of the usual stuff on FF".

Sashmanreturns, who took absolute pelters through the thread, is sadly no longer with us. He was a great guy sadly missed by all who knew him.

Can you get me a spare ticket for our next game at Murrayfield mate? LOL :D

Last night someone posted links to the best stories on the old site. I knew about the story in the OP but had never seen it. I clicked on it last night and spent about an hour in tears of laughter.

One of the reasons I found it so funny, is I was the other mate involved in this caper. I can confirm that the story is absolutely true.

My wife was wondering what I was finding so funny, but for obvious reasons fobbed her off with "just some of the usual stuff on FF".

Sashmanreturns, who took absolute pelters through the thread, is sadly no longer with us. He was a great guy sadly missed by all who knew him.
I seen you asking in a number of different occasions if anyone had a link to the original thread. All makes perfect sense now!

Who was the other mate, does he post on here?

Sashmanreturns was the narrator of the story, he said 'My mate was telling me a story of him and his missus and his mate and his missus going to a recent concert at Murrayfield'

so can you run us through the events leading up to the steak bake mate?

The funny bit was more the pelters that were served on Sashmanreturns for telling the story rather than the story itself.

Basically me and onceuponabriggsbear were through at Murrayfield with our wives (2004 ish) to see a Robbie Williams concert. Got through very early and went on a pub crawl along Rose Street before heading towards the concert.

This is onceuponabriggsbear summary from the original thread:

"train to waverly
rose st pub crawl
wimmen hungry at end of rose st
men horny end of rose st
passin taxi
buck n hare
saw nice stuff while having beer
bought private nice stuff and more beer
passin taxi
steakbake bottm lothian road"

Dispute the horny bit, to me it was just a good laugh. We were all steamin' by this time :)

I remember that thread. Some of the responses were hilarious. We need a Classic Threads Sub

I put together a thread, with the help of some other posters, with as many as we could find from the old board.

Transferring the data over here now is not likely to be possible.

I put together a thread, with the help of some other posters, with as many as we could find from the old board.

Transferring the data over here now is not likely to be possible.
Was that the thread I seen last night with all the links to the FF classics. If so it's how I found the steak bake story. I couldn't see it this morning. Was it cut?

Back