A new level from them on Sunday

Gonna go against the grain here and say that they haven't exactly honoured him. He just looks like a random guy call Alec who's had a birthday message. I think they should apologise and make sure it doesn't happen again, but also I don't think any club exactly has a strict screening process for birthday messages and was probably done by some media assistant who is none of the wiser
I can see your point. I don't understand why they didn't check who the person is. However the clubs ignorance is glaring, they apparently don't mind collections for convicted terrorists in and around their ground. Their silence on these matters
just shows their support for terrorist organisations.

Gonna go against the grain here and say that they haven't exactly honoured him. He just looks like a random guy call Alec who's had a birthday message. I think they should apologise and make sure it doesn't happen again, but also I don't think any club exactly has a strict screening process for birthday messages and was probably done by some media assistant who is none of the wiser

I would tend to agree. I don't think a club would do background checks on anyone that puts happy birthday messages up.

However as you said, it's a big issue and they should definitely apologise. I won't hold my breath though.

giphy.gif

You don’t think that we would check for a birthday call out for Michael Stone and then get away with it?

what about Bin Laden?

Been described as a new low for them but as deplorable as this is, it's actually way down the long list of actions that define them as the "club like no other"

You don’t think that we would check for a birthday call out for Michael Stone and then get away with it?

what about Bin Laden?
I think they are a bit more on the nose. If they requested Bobby Sands then it would've been different, but you need to look at it this way, how many of these messages get put through every game and how high a priority is it in the individual who is responsible's daily workload? Probably not that high up, so it very easy to see how this happened.

The easy way for this to be resolved is that going forward only ST holders can request it, meaning there's an accountability behind every message in case this happens again.

Ignorance is no excuse. This is a vile occurrence and is frankly more abhorrent than anything they have displayed in the past.
I hope it receives UK wide condemnation ( obviously Sturgeon will refrain from criticizing )

Sorry, but I bet you they knew exactly who this guy was. Your’re right in a way though because your line is the one they will play. They’ll follow the statement with the ‘Celtic have always been a club open to all.’ This will be headlined in crap publications like the Daily Record and Celtic will walk away as the victims. Job done.

Ignorance is no excuse. This is a vile occurrence and is frankly more abhorrent than anything they have displayed in the past.
I hope it receives UK wide condemnation ( obviously Sturgeon will refrain from criticizing )
I think that is an overreaction to an extent, for the me the beautiful Sunday incident was worse as it was definitely premeditated. If they take responsibility for their actions (or lack of actions) and make guarantees that there will be no repeat of it then I think that is fine and we move on, if they don't however I agree that further action should be taken.

Sorry, but I bet you they knew exactly who this guy was. Your’re right in a way though because your line is the one they will play. They’ll follow the statement with the ‘Celtic have always been a club open to all.’ This will be headlined in crap publications like the Daily Record and Celtic will walk away as the victims. Job done.
I don't and even if I did, I would probably picture him as his younger self, which looks completely different to how he looks now.

The real problem is that their agenda of a protestant-free Scotland is probably supported by their silent majority, such is the brain-washing mind set of catholicism.

A proper and professional media would highlight this scandal

Unfortunately we have a shower of shite kidding on they are impartial and will be happy to suppress this

Collections for terrorists should be illegal and the SFA should cite Nonce FC but again we know they will ignore it too

The SNP Govt and Justice Secretary should also be all over this too but given their track record again we know they will be ignoring it too

You defend these (unts yet give posters with a higher post count than you sniff sniff treatment.

For the watching you.

Why is this forum being infested with that rubbish,it should be shown for the world to see,but I'm not interested in this bile. I'm only concerned with all things Rangers.

Obviously its not ok to put people like that up on the big screen. All I am saying is 99% of people would have put the photo up not realising who it is.

Celtic should issue an apology and if the fail to do so then I would say they were complicit.

I am not buying this son.

had it been Bin Laden then the reaction would have been different and it would have been all over the news.

there is no difference between either.

Unsurprisingly, the memory of that poor lassie, Lyra McKee, is desecrated by those scum who were fund raising at CELTIC PARK today.
I await condemnation in all the usual Scottish news publications tomorrow.
You will have a long wait.... will be swept away in record time as per usual. Wont come to print.

Unbelievable that that is allowed to happen
nothing unbelievable at all really,this is a shower dont forget that allowed a provo band to film in their ground and run across the piggery pitch signing ooh ahh up the ra, ,im afraid no matter what we hear about that lot its all too believable,not an ounce of decency in that place

Can you imagine this lot getting their utopian dream of joining the league of the country they hate so much?
Like so many other things in their lives they would be confused as to why they were so reviled.

An absolute disgrace. I have family including my brother that all served during these troubles and what happend to these poor lads was despicable beyond belief.

The fact that cünt survived so long after ending these young lives is a sad reflection on this country.

An absolute disgrace. I have family including my brother that all served during these troubles and what happend to these poor lads was despicable beyond belief.

The fact that cünt survived so long after ending these young lives is a sad reflection on this country.
I served 3 tours across the water and I remember that day as if it was yesterday. To think that he served 10 years and was released on a so called good Friday agreement is sickening. They should be hung.

I'm not, that is bang out of order, just like the person who requested the message in the 1st place. I'm just looking at the situation for what it is and not trying to make a conspiracy out of everything.
There is no conspiracy they are ira loving paedo harbouring tramps.
As for just looking at the situation I find that bewildering with your head stuck up your arse.

Back