A New Recording Of Follow Follow With Proper Lyrics Is Required

I posted a thread like this on the old board years ago (maybe even 2 boards ago)

we certainly have more of a chance now that we have artists recording songs and the ckub willing to play them

Would be a good idea, if singing was a regular thing at Ibrox, unfortunately the atmosphere is usually up there with a day out at the library.

We should adopt this song

If she don’t cum I’ll tickle her bum with a castore anthem jacket!!

Copy UB commander

My 2 year old likes the treble twins version from the early 90s. So much so that i got pulled up for it at his nursery because he kept singing it and i had to reassure them the he was singing'dundee, hamilton, even up to aberdeen' :))

Hear, hear.

I believe the “original” lyrics (if you discount the hymn it came from) had no mention of celtc nor Dublin.e
It was “others no know all about their troubles” and “everywhere in Europe we will follow on”.

Time to change it back.
Jings how old are you ? I am 58 and never heard that!

I'm starting to wonder if football is for you sherbrook.

'IMO, Dublin is too parochial, and we’re a modern football club with ambitions that far exceed the capital of the RoI – but that’s for another day…'

There's been a lot of shocking takes on FF over the years but this is the winner.
Change the lyrics to our traditional song? Seriously? Must be my age but not for me.

The same could be done for BB , surely if all ‘offensive’ words were removed they couldn’t ban it? Still the most rousing song we have
We're not allowed to sing anything that goes to the tune of the Billy Boys.

Down in the valley with my Savior I will go,
Where the flow'rs are blooming and the sweet waters flow;
Everywhere He leads me I will follow, follow on,
Walking in His footsteps till the crown be won.
Follow! follow! I will follow Jesus!
Anywhere, everywhere, I will follow on!
Everywhere He leads me I will follow on!
Down in the valley with my Savior I will go,
Where the storms are sweeping and the dark waters flow;
With His hand to lead me I will never, never fear,
Danger cannot fright me if my Lord is near.
Everywhere He leads me I will follow on!
Down in the valley, or upon the mountain steep,
Close beside my Savior will my soul ever keep;
He will lead me safely in the path that He has trod,
Up to where they gather on the hills of God.
Everywhere He leads me I will follow on

As has been said Follow Follow is one of the great world football songs. But is now sung too high, too fast & add ons, plus we now have a generation of fans who don’t know the words.

Just bring this back, the song played over the tannoy when I was wee.

The Rangers Song by Buddy Logan (brother of Jimmy)

Reactions: WBD
Follow Follow is an absolutely outstanding anthem.
However, it loses its way way somewhat when the awkward silence or muffled vocals replace the bastardised lyrics that most fans know we can’t sing any more.

Therefore, I think that a new, rousing version with the original lyrics would be a huge step forward in improving our atmosphere.

I’d actually change Dublin to Europe, too.
IMO, Dublin is too parochial, and we’re a modern football club with ambitions that far exceed the capital of the RoI – but that’s for another day…

Can you sort this please, @WBD ?
You seem to be the chap in the know for all things musical.

@Greg Marshall , would you know if the club have plans to update Follow Follow like they’ve done with ESWF and Four Lads?

Id love for FF – and some of our other anthems – to get a similar upgrade.

(And can I please ask posters to keep this thread on topic? If anyone has a problem with the content of my other threads, keep your replies for the relevant threads :cool:)
I could send you my Buddy Logan single. 45 rpm.
“Some folk know all about their troubles.”
No unnecessary add on’s.

PS Who is Bobby Sands?

Reactions: WBD
I could send you my Buddy Logan single. 45 rpm.
“Some folk know all about their troubles.”
No unnecessary add on’s.

PS Who is Bobby Sands?
See the post 2 above yours ;)

That doesn't really fit :D
I love the old lyrics to FF as that was what we sang back in the 60’s.It is a good old fashioned Hymn tune and back to back with There’s not a team like the Glasgow Rangers, is great rallying call.
Really,they are all we need along with an occasional Derry’s Walls and the Sash.
All great Protestant Anthems.

FF is a dreadful song.

Talking about the correct words lets sing them for Derry's Walls. A great song ruined.

The megamix version is pushing 20 years old… its about time they get a proper version recorded… along with other traditional rangers songs

The version in post #10 is the one taught to me and the one the support as a whole sang until the 70s at least.

There was never any ‘up the stair, doon the stair’ or ‘Dundee, Hamilton, etc.’

Versions from studio recordings cannot be trusted as the original.

Rangers played three times in Dublin in the first decade or so of the 20th century so there is nothing amiss with giving that city a name-check.

However, it loses its way way somewhat when the awkward silence or muffled vocals replace the bastardised lyrics that most fans know we can’t sing any more.

Therefore, I think that a new, rousing version with the original lyrics would be a huge step forward in improving our atmosphere.

IMO, Dublin is too parochial, and we’re a modern football club with ambitions that far exceed the capital of the RoI – but that’s for another day…

@Greg Marshall , would you know if the club have plans to update Follow Follow like they’ve done with ESWF and Four Lads?

(And can I please ask posters to keep this thread on topic? If anyone has a problem with the content of my other threads, keep your replies for the relevant threads :cool:)

I’ve said this in other threads, I would love if Wolverhampton town got sang more often.

We got tons of great songs that get over looked, maybe an album of them being remade would be another shout!

Why though? Other clubs have their own version of it so surely they can’t stop us and let others do it ?

It was something that Sir Duped is meant to have stated to the assembly or trust after one of the UEFA fines.

However if the words kept simple and clean there shouldn’t be an issue, although the only reason I can see is people being unable to stop themselves singing the old lyrics.

I suppose there is that danger, just like any other song we try to clean up. Where does it end though? I’d love for us to have a crack at it and bring back our songs and not be dictated to by our haters

I’ve been banging on about this for years.

The original version never had any mention of Dundee Hamilton etc, and we all know why that slipped into it a few decades ago.

Im also not a hypocrite. I sang the amended version for years in the 70’s and 80’s.

However, times have changed and we’re slowly but surely losing this quintessential Rangers anthem. It’s dying.

We need to get the club on board to help promote the proper version and save it.

F**k this, get the billy boys back, changed words, easily done.

Who said we cant sing that tune anyway? Surely there is a case that if clubs up here and in england can sing it, then we have the right

The lad who recently posted highlights from the Kiev game, reminded me just how much it's missed. Time to get the bugle sounded, rousing BB and charge.

Why though? Other clubs have their own version of it so surely they can’t stop us and let others do it ?
I made a dick of myself (not new, some might say) on a thread a couple of years back on this subject.

I tried to mock a guy posting that the tune was banned, and then he showed me the exact wording of UEFAs ruling on our punishment.

He was right, even the tune is banned.

Hey bears. I made the new versions of ESWF and FLHAD. Open to suggestions and happy to make them outside the club but I know the club isn’t keen on any songs that the fans can sing sec lyrics too. Even if we record them without. It’s been about moving forward for them and moving away from these. I’m a musician and love the club and just want to get the fans roaring. I’ve noticed ESWF the crowd are getting excited so I’ve edited the version to speed up in match days. Happy for suggestions and personally I’d love to make a modern version of Wolverhampton Town

Hey bears. I made the new versions of ESWF and FLHAD. Open to suggestions and happy to make them outside the club but I know the club isn’t keen on any songs that the fans can sing sec lyrics too. Even if we record them without. It’s been about moving forward for them and moving away from these. I’m a musician and love the club and just want to get the fans roaring. I’ve noticed ESWF the crowd are getting excited so I’ve edited the version to speed up in match days. Happy for suggestions and personally I’d love to make a modern version of Wolverhampton Town
Your songs have been fantastic mate , one thing though you said you “ speeded it up” for matchday please don’t do this as it just ruins songs , the club seem to have an obsession with speeding up songs to a frantic pace !

If you do follow follow in the same vain as the other two you’ve done it will be absolutely fantastic , really all you need to tweak is remove the “ dundee , hamilton , aberdeen and back again “ with another follow , follow we will follow Rangers line , and replace Dublin with Europe and it’s good to go

Really hope you take this on mate more power to you it should be our club anthem for me it always has been. Your 4lads is absolutely immense

Back