A New Recording Of Follow Follow With Proper Lyrics Is Required

I made a dick of myself (not new, some might say) on a thread a couple of years back on this subject.

I tried to mock a guy posting that the tune was banned, and then he showed me the exact wording of UEFAs ruling on our punishment.

He was right, even the tune is banned.
Jesus, I didnt know that. I thought it was a misunderstanding when i read about the tune itself being banned.

Absolutely bizarre that one club can't use the tune and everyone else can if they want.

Let's start a campaign about being offended by celtic fans singing ynwa as there is a sinister meaning when they sing it. Haven't thought of one yet, but there must be a lyric that can have the meaning changed to anti protestant or something.

Jesus, I didnt know that. I thought it was a misunderstanding when i read about the tune itself being banned.

Absolutely bizarre that one club can't use the tune and everyone else can if they want.

Let's start a campaign about being offended by celtic fans singing ynwa as there is a sinister meaning when they sing it. Haven't thought of one yet, but there must be a lyric that can have the meaning changed to anti protestant or something.

I’d just like to know why the term that rhymes with greenyín is illegal when iTunes were selling Celtic Supporters’ Terrace Chants:

Pat McCourt’s Greenyin army

The Greenyin Record player

The Greenyin rifle

How does this rate to Roman Catholicism?

Is the inference that it’s RC terrorism?

Our best hope is reverse eng8neering their straw man boIIocks to regain old ground.

I’d just like to know why the term that rhymes with greenyín is illegal when iTunes were selling Celtic Supporters’ Terrace Chants:

Pat McCourt’s Greenyin army

The Greenyin Record player

The Greenyin rifle

How does this rate to Roman Catholicism?

Is the inference that it’s RC terrorism?

Our best hope is reverse eng8neering their straw man boIIocks to regain old ground.
How about revenge engineering.

Seriously though mate. As I posted earlier, I didnt realise how much I missed it till the guy on here posted the highlights of the Kiev game.

One thing I do know is that if UEFA have banned the tune that's through political pressure in this country, there can be no other reason.

3 teams names need removed from what is most commonly currently sung. Dundee, Hamilton and celtic. The fact celtic are actually referred to by name and not a derogatory name is bad in itself. We also need a version that will highlight to the younger fans these are the correct words. We need to reverse it. And have words our players can sing along to!!

I’ve said this in other threads, I would love if Wolverhampton town got sang more often.

We got tons of great songs that get over looked, maybe an album of them being remade would be another shout!
The problem is when they get remade they are usually shite

Hear, hear.

I believe the “original” lyrics (if you discount the hymn it came from) had no mention of celtc nor Dublin.
It was “others no know all about their troubles” and “everywhere in Europe we will follow on”.

Time to change it back.
“Others no know all about their troubles”?
That can’t be right, did someone stutter?

Annoyed me for years. We have the song there already with clean lyrics, why don't people just sing that? Maddening!
While i fully agree with the OP and hope the original makes a come back for me, and thousands others ths "real" lyrics are the ones we arent allowed to sing anymore. So we just stop at tbe dodgy part.

It’s a good post but personally I wouldn’t change the “ If we go to Dublin “ line .
It’s not sectarian or offensive if any way but a clear message we’re prepared to march right into the beating heart of the enemy
Totally agree, but we have to stop the other references e.g Bobby Sands (it keeps his name going), 19th Century Terrorists etc and box clever.
Keep our identity 100% but play it clever, as these B******s see us as an easy target, let's not play into their hands.

“Others no know all about their troubles”?
That can’t be right, did someone stutter?
There’s not a Friend like the lowly Jesus:
No, not one! no, not one!
None else could heal all our souls’ diseases:
Jesus knows all about our struggles;
He will guide ’til the day is done:

Totally agree, but we have to stop the other references e.g Bobby Sands (it keeps his name going), 19th Century Terrorists etc and box clever.
Keep our identity 100% but play it clever, as these B******s see us as an easy target, let's not play into their hands.
It’s a valid point with regards the animal sands , personally I sing that line with the venom and hatred his name deserves but I agree it’s got nothing to do with Rangers so should probably go

Can i ask if there’s still plans to do a “Country Road” “Copland Road” recording?

It’s a valid point with regards the animal sands , personally I sing that line with the venom and hatred his name deserves but I agree it’s got nothing to do with Rangers so should probably go
I'm not going to deny I never sing that song about him because I have, but the best thing we can do for our fans and the kids growing up is to not mention the terrorist scum bag because, that then stops our young kids from asking, " who is Bobby Sands:?

One of my favourite memories of this song is it getting belter full blooded walking out the stadium in Stuttgart in 2009 was my first European day trip only 19 years old and I still get goosebumps thinking about it.

And it wasn’t an edited version about 3000 bears in sync singing it loud and proud with pride every single word.

They’ll take it away from us before trying to change any words the Billy boys should be worked on before follow follow if anything.

I’m okay with removing the add-ons but “if they go to Dublin” should stay. It’s a meaningful part of the song

FF/Billy Boys medley has always been my favourite

Was just saying this yesterday, keep our songs but revisit the lyrics that get us any trouble

Good post OP and hope it kicks us off
For this to kick off it needs to be something different. The current version played on match days is the correct words but nobody seems to notice!!

so where does the “others no know all about their troubles” come from in that other post?
typo?

The match day EOS is by far the worst song they play (very seldom played thankfully) It's absolutely dire.
Couldn’t agree more, the way it speeds up at the end is absolutely cringe , horrific . The club seem obsessed with speeding songs up to the point it utterly ruins them . EOS and the megamix prime examples

Reactions: WBD
I know this is about FF, but maybe our club and the fans think about this one, which is solely about Rangers and IMHO good for a nice rousing sing-along too ...

Naive to think this will happen. I’m sure said poster made an attempt to get another song up and running? Unfortunately, that didn’t work either.

Best of luck, all the same.

I know this is about FF, but maybe our club and the fans think about this one, which is solely about Rangers and IMHO good for a nice rousing sing-along too ...

One of my favourites, delighted to hear it belted out away at Ross County

Naive to think this will happen. I’m sure said poster made an attempt to get another song up and running? Unfortunately, that didn’t work either.

Didn't 4 boys had a dream basically originate from this forum. Think your being unnecessarily pessimistic

I don't think it needs a rewrite, just for some hardy souls to take the initiative of belting out Aberdeen And Back Again, as loud and proud as they can, so others will follow suit. It can't be that difficult, it's only 4 words. As I've said before, NI fans cleaned up their act in a short amount of time, and now have created a really cracking atmosphere, where everyone can sing everything.

I don't think it needs a rewrite, just for some hardy souls to take the initiative of belting out Aberdeen And Back Again, as loud and proud as they can, so others will follow suit. It can't be that difficult, it's only 4 words. As I've said before, NI fans cleaned up their act in a short amount of time, and now have created a really cracking atmosphere, where everyone can sing everything.
But it's not Aberdeen and back again. Nor is it Dundee Hamilton. As long as Dundee Hamilton is sung, FTP and the Vatican is sure to Follow

It’s a good post but personally I wouldn’t change the “ If we go to Dublin “ line .
It’s not sectarian or offensive if any way but a clear message we’re prepared to march right into the beating heart of the enemy
The problem is, Dublin is no longer "the beating heart of the enemy". It's probably easier now to be an Orangeman in the Republic of Ireland than the west of Scotland. Long gone are the days when the RoI support were dressed uniformly in cltic tops. It's a young secular population, who don't care either wayl about Rangers. Changing it to Europe Would make more sense.

my Mother taught me the books of the Old Testament to the tune of Follow Follow, can‘t remember them all now but the thought of the masses in Ibrox belting out “Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy Joshua, judges Ruth and Samuel” no doubt FARE would still find something wrong and punish us

An absolute classic always wondered why it isn’t played over the tannoy , also “ the Rangers over here “ another classic

I wouldn't be so sure.

Did you miss the guy who recorded the new versions of ESWF and Four Lads posting in this thread?

I take it you missed ESWF ? It’s absolutely superb . Don’t underestimate the poster who did it

Didn't 4 boys had a dream basically originate from this forum. Think your being unnecessarily pessimistic
I wouldn't be so sure.

Did you miss the guy who recorded the new versions of ESWF and Four Lads posting in this thread?
I remember that.

I’ve seen more songs on here not get an airing, though.

I’m sure @sherbrook_loyal had a big thread on a new song recently (can’t remember the song) and it looked like a lot of folk seemed to be backing it.

As I said, best of luck. I hope we hear it soon.

I’ll check back in to this thread in a few weeks and see how it’s getting on.

Two questions:

1) Would we agree that these are the original lyrics?

Though the straits be broad or narrow, follow we will,
Follow we will, follow we will,
If the straits be broad or narrow, follow we will,
We will follow in the footsteps of our team [God bless them].
Follow follow, we will follow Rangers,
Everywhere, anywhere,
We will follow on,
If they go to Dublin we will follow on.
For there's not a team like the Glasgow Rangers,
No not one, and there never shall be one,
Celtic know all about their troubles,
We will fight till the day is done.
No not one, and there never shall be one!

2) Do you prefer the lyrics with these two small changes or the original?

Though the straits be broad or narrow, follow we will,
Follow we will, follow we will,
If the straits be broad or narrow, follow we will,
We will follow in the footsteps of our team [God bless them].
Everywhere, anywhere,
We will follow on,
When we play in Europe, we will follow on.
No not one, and there never shall be one,
The others know all about their troubles,
We will fight till the day is done.
No not one, and there never shall be one!

I'm not bothered about the Dublin/Europe line, but it really boils my piss that the scum are mentioned in our anthem.
I would like any new version to not include their name.

Interested in everyone's thoughts on this.

Back