A personal message from the MD of Rangers Football Club

They people letting the club down with stupid song addons and banners are doing more damage than they realise, advertisers will be hesitant to do business with us if they think we have an issue with idiots in the support.
Business will go wherever the money is. Despite everything thats happened we are still a fairly big draw for sponsors (another new partner announced today)

I don’t mate I wanted robertson and the club to take action on the individuals instead of kidding on they didn’t know who they were .

Given that it seems the only answer is to stop taking tickets for away games until it stops for good both domestically and in Europe .

It needs eradicated permanently , not lip service then the next time people have a booze in them at a game we hear it again . It’s like Groundhog Day .
Robertson is a clown mate, that I’m sure we can agree on

Think the message is fair, we’re not far off having a full stadium closure due to idiots in our support so are just trying to protect ourselves from it

I am writing to you in your capacity as an Office Bearer of one of our Rangers Supporters Clubs.

We appreciate the dedication the members of Rangers Supporters Clubs have shown in following the team and thank you for your continued support of Rangers Football Club. The Rangers fan base continues to show unquestionable loyalty and the Club and players appreciate the sacrifices that are made to continue to follow the Club near and far.

We have seen a marked improvement on the pitch in the past 18 months and this is the progress that our supporters expect and indeed deserve.

Following on from the launch of the Everyone Anyone campaign, it is vital that all fans represent the Club in a positive manner and we have been encouraged by the response in the stands. The campaign aims to promote Rangers as a modern football club through which fans can come together and support our great football team. Although this is just a start, we have to thank the support for embracing the campaign’s values.

However, the role as an Ambassador of Rangers does not begin and end at the turnstiles. We are keen to ensure that all supporters take their role as a representative of the Club seriously and avoid engaging in behaviour which could bring the Club into disrepute. In particular, there have been a few well documented incidents that were uploaded on social media, including an incident which apparently took place on a Rangers supporters coach and another incident where an illicit flag was displayed at Edinburgh Airport. Both incidents were totally unacceptable and caused the Club and supporters to be scrutinised in the media and, unfortunately, we saw the actions of a very small minority tarnishing the reputation of the Club and all supporters.

In addition to the above, you will be aware that the Club has already been challenged and sanctioned by UEFA Disciplinary this season, which required the Club to close parts of Ibrox Stadium at a substantial cost to the Club and atmosphere in support of the team trying to advance in Europe.

I am keen to remind all Office Bearers that they have the responsibility for ensuring that their members comply with and observe all ground regulations at any fixture that they attend. In addition, should the members of any Rangers Supporters Club be perceived by Rangers Football Club to bring the Club into disrepute, or indeed engage in any unacceptable conduct, we reserve the right to revoke ticket allocations of any such Rangers Supporters Club as per the Supporters Clubs terms and conditions.

We will be operating a ticket collection service in Braga ahead of our next Europa League tie. I would ask that all Rangers Supporters Clubs organising buses to this match remind their members and guests to treat the Ticket Office staff in a respectful and courteous manner.

You may also be aware that a recent operation has identified several adult supporters attempting to gain access to Ibrox using Juvenile or Concession tickets. Please be aware that should anyone caught indulging in this behaviour be identified as a member of a registered Rangers Supporters Club, we reserve the right to revoke ticket allocations to that club.

Please ensure, as an Office Bearer of a Rangers Supporters Club, that your members are aware of their roles as Ambassadors and do all you can to ensure that the standards and values of Rangers Football Club are upheld, which includes the journey to and from the match.

Thank you for your continued support.

Yours sincerely

Stewart Robertson

Managing Director
Fu©king Amazing a fan tries to gain access with a juvenile ticket respond!
Fans unfurl a naughty banner respond! Fans banter on a bus on social media, respond!

©Unts from media attack the club on an almost daily basis and NOTHING!

time for you to go Stewart!

I think the message is exactly what you would expect from a Rangers board. I have no issues with any of the points raised. The vast majority of the supporters don't need reminding how to behave however there is still an element where it just doesn't register that times have changed. We can't be on one thread asking for Adidas and Nike to get involved and on another defending flying flags that would see a blue chip sponsor head for the hills.

We have been punished several times for "singing" etc, with woolly charges about sectarianism etc etc. The club do not defended the support against any of the charges even when we know them to be false.

So what if we sing "f*ck the pope" he's an evil bastard in charge of the largest abusing organisation in the world, he and his predecessors have covered up and enabled some of the most evil cnuts on the planet.

It has very little to do with football but then neither does Rule Britannia or God Save the Queen, but we still sing them. It won't be long before we get cited for them.

If anyone has every translated some of the songs by foreign clubs, then ours are tame by comparison and yet I don't see them being punished.

Football is corrupt to the core and we are going to be screwed over time and time again until the club grow a spine.

It doesn't matter if we stop singing certain songs, they'll just invent another reason to have a go, and the club will just take it.

No change from the David Murray era this board only fights when being slandered itself, the supporters are just told to buy the tickets and merchandise then sit down and shut up.

This board are needing to grow a set.

Bottom line as regards the statement itself is bad fan behaviour can damage the club and no sensible person wants that.

This. Plus any reminder of good behaviour prior to the games would hopefully work as part mitigation under club liability if something goes wrong.

Sounds harsh about the RSC’s and the STs but its pretty evident and I’ve seen it myself - that some clubs were a bit more careful to ensure ‘pooled ST child/concession tickets’ were allocated correctly to age appropriate members than others.

I have no issues with the sentiment of the letter however one thing has annoyed me recently. In the statement made after the racist abuse Alfie recieved we offered the offender rehabilitation. If we had a young person shouting an offensive remark would he be offered help or would he be banned forever.
Surely if we can offer our enemies help i would hope the same thing applies to one of our own.

Do you know what? The message is correct.

BUT

Where is the support of the fans?
Where is the support of the players who face career threatening challenges every game without punishment?
Where is the proactive work to face the continual victimisation of the best player in our country?
Where is the proactive work to do something about the continual injustice we face on the park?

Everyone, Anyone? Absolutely. But for crying out loud, lets look after number one first. For a change.

Agree with all of it, however, once again the clubs customer base are being held to a different standard than external forces who cause us a lot more harm than a few isolated idiots.
If only the balls shown here were shown when our fans are assaulted, players are assaulted, and club is tarnished in the media.

Anything wrong in that? Not as far as I can see.

The messenger, deserves criticism for lots but dont let it detract from this one.

Another point of view maybe that we have to be whiter than white, so when we do raise issues and take people or organisations head on, it cant be derailed and deflected by negative publicity that we are facing.

Dr Mr Robertson
Thank you for your patronising letter, for your information I will be in my usual seat in the West Enc, No doubt freezing my arse off whilst supporting our club and Teamj. You notice I say supporting our club and Team ! Now here's a thought ! perhaps you could do the same from the lofty environs of the Directors room, You could perhaps earn some of your salary and support our club and team against the constant persecution from the SFA/SPFL/ Referee's and Media.

Sooner this clown leaves the better, fans should be able to sing what they wish as they wish. Get on with what your paid to do and stand up for the club.
Effectively attacking the club and fans in the same way the press do; only he’s doing it from within.

Robertson do yourself a favour and close the door on your way out and take your campaigns with you.

Hasn’t a problem reminding his own customers about their responsibility to the club but seems to be awfully shy to do the same in regards to his responsibility against the media or SFA/SPFL.
Quelle surprise.

Opening a dangerous can of worms here. If displaying a flag, or other such item, with an "offensive" slogan on it at Edinburgh Airport, or any such other location not directly associated with Rangers Football Club, is deemed to put the club in a bad light, it is opening a door for anyone with hared of our club to make up a similarly offensive banner, stick a couple of Rangers scarfs around their necks, take a photo and post it on social media before standing back to admire the backlash from their actions. Yes if the defamatory banner is displayed within Ibrox Park then the club have a problem.
100% correct

This route we are going is very very dangerous for all of us

A tad harsh

You may also be aware that a recent operation has identified several adult supporters attempting to gain access to Ibrox using Juvenile or Concession tickets. Please be aware that should anyone caught indulging in this behaviour be identified as a member of a registered Rangers Supporters Club, we reserve the right to revoke ticket allocations to that club.
I suppose the RSC would have to prove that they gave the Juvenile ticket to an adult on the condition they upgraded it, how you could prove that I don't know, but the onus would be on the RSC.

He's awful keen on reminding others of their responsibility to the Club. Look in the mirror, Mr. Rangers Managing Director.
HSjUshu.gif

It’s hard to take a statement from an empty suit seriously. Quick to write a statement getting into bears but let’s the whole country shit on us without a word being said.

Coming down hard with the fans whilst the SFA and other enemies continue to troll the club. Let's see him acting the schoolmaster with them just for a bit of balance. I think the tone of the message could be better, although the points he raises are valid.

This is what frustrates the hell out of me.

I really have no issue with him sending out messages like this to fans. We are all to aware that we are being watched by UEFA and needless incidents hurt the club.

However, we aren't the ones that are throwing objects at our players, hurling racist abuse at Morelos and trying to destroy our name through supposed Anti-Racism charities.

It’s hard to take a statement from an empty suit seriously. Quick to write a statement getting into bears but let’s the whole country shit on us without a word being said.

I often get the distinct impression that the guy is embarrassed to be in the role he is presently in.
That being the case, why doesn't he step aside and let someone with more guts face up to the constant onslaught that the club, the players and the fans are undoubtedly under?
I've said it before and I'll say it again : Lawwell and his club built and enjoy the favourable situation that exists for them in Scotland today, and has existed for a number of years, by not doing things the way SR chooses to do them. He forever seems to be admonishing the fans for something or other, thereby playing directly into the hands of our detractors.
He is probably the nicest guy in the world but we are being swamped by mentally challenged negativity and all he seems to do is add to it.

I’m sure there’ll be a strongly worded email on its way to all our enemies today as well Stuart?

This thread will turn into a farce due to the person it's from but ultimately it's correct.
That idiotic flag still makes me squirm, twats.
Time and a place and keep your phone in your pocket and enjoy the memories Rangers create for you

We can be thankful they chose to display it in the airport.
The backlash from that prevented it making it's way to the match.

We'd be one step from expulsion if they'd got that into the stadium.

Since our last game in Europe, we've got FARE bang to rights and complained to UEFA about them.

There's no harm in a little reminder from the club ahead of tonight's game, we know FARE will be desperate to shine that light back on us.

If the bottom of that letter said 'Steven Gerrard, Rangers Manager' absolutely nobody here would have a problem with it.

When I look around Europe I see the Tim's and their iraoke and political statement, Lazio and other Italian clubs and outright racism, Russians and Poles in hooligan outbreaks, Croatian clubs and disorder, Ajax /Feyenoord/PSV riots.
Yet , are we the only club that issues personal statements before every European game reminding us to clap politely and behave?
Maybe we should just stage a massive pyro display with secterian flags whilst abusing coloured players and see if UEFA even notice it.

This thread will turn into a farce due to the person it's from but, ultimately, it's correct.
Exactly what has happened. The message, though, as you have pointed out, is correct.

We pretty much stand at a crossroads right now.

One direction leads to us facing continued and escalating negative press and possible severe sanctions from UEFA (but also possibly later from the SFA / SPFL) and the other direction takes us down a route where we try and mould the club and our songbook and attitudes in another way, without losing our passion for being Rangers supporters, first and foremost.

It'll be interesting to see which way the majority wish to travel, and it will also have far reaching implications whichever direction we, as supporters, decide we wish to head.

Coming down hard with the fans whilst the SFA and other enemies continue to troll the club. Let's see him acting the schoolmaster with them just for a bit of balance. I think the tone of the message could be better, although the points he raises are valid.
Exactly,i understand the policy of getting our own house in order first,then retaliate,does Stuart have the baws to retaliate?

No authority, be it UEFA,SPFL, FARE, Nil by Mouth, the MSM et al need an excuse to hammer us. Ffs, they even invent things to hammer us with.
We, as a support, must not give them ANY excuse. The bassas will likely find an excuse without our help. All supporters need to understand this & act accordingly, for the sake of the club and the wider support.

The only way the club will act the way we want , is to behave in the proper manner, some bears don't listen and continue to let us and the club down
Too many times it happens . We shouldn't be concerned about other clubs getting away with things , like if they can do it , why can't we.The more we show we can behave , the more chance the club will back us
Fcuk the rest of them . W A T P let's behave like it

Good letter from him and a shame that the club need to keep reminding morons to stop gettin the club into trouble.

Since our last game in Europe, we've got FARE bang to rights and complained to UEFA about them.

There's no harm in a little reminder from the club ahead of tonight's game, we know FARE will be desperate to shine that light back on us.

If the bottom of that letter said 'Steven Gerrard, Rangers Manager' absolutely nobody here would have a problem with it.

And what does that tell you?

His popularity with the support is becoming less and less each day, hopefully he will be reminded of this at the year end shareholders meeting, all we are asking is he defends Glasgow Rangers against our enemies and the corrupt to the core SFA

Thats a harsh but fair summary and anyone denying it either hasn’t been to an away european tie or is a liar .

Personally Id refuse tickets for away ties until the message gets through - everyone suffers until the cretins stop their nonsense .
Jesus christ mate

What’s the alternative ? It needs stamped out forever not just a temporary thing. Otherwise the club suffer as do we long term .
Fair enough but people live just to go watch the Rangers, especially abroad. Every club has the problematic element, it's more than just about football, it's a societal issue

Dear Mr M D Robertson
You rightly praise the loyalty of we fans. But being a fan is somewhat frustrating when we continually see our club being shit upon by the authorities and corrupt refereeing. As your are calling the supporters and their clubs out, isn't it about time to be calling theses clowns in authority to task. Are we paying a contribution for membership of the SFA and the SPFL ? If we are it is not good value for money as our rivals seem to benefit from all the sanctions imposed on our club and the absence of sanctions upon them.

Finally grow a set and support the people who are supporting the club through thick and thin and who have probably put more money into the club than our benign board of directors. We deserve so much better.

Mr Lomoon.

So we’re not allowed to point out that our esteemed MD appears to have next to no self awareness?
Do what you want, it's abundantly clear it's the message and not the messenger that is important here.
Speccy has his own threads where his inadequacy in his role has been questioned

Do you know what? The message is correct.

BUT

Where is the support of the fans?
Where is the support of the players who face career threatening challenges every game without punishment?
Where is the proactive work to face the continual victimisation of the best player in our country?
Where is the proactive work to do something about the continual injustice we face on the park?

Everyone, Anyone? Absolutely. But for crying out loud, lets look after number one first. For a change.
Was going to post,but you've just nailed it mate.
Well said.

Back