A positive post regarding our support in Seville

much was written how it would be carnage in Seville and we would wake up to the same headlines as Manchester.well we haven’t the behavior of our support appears to have been excellent and it was the Frankfurt ultras who were hell bent on causing trouble.
Well done the traveling bears/bearettes,I am sure their are a few Scottish msm coming home bitterly disappointed they didn’t get the headlines they wanted
Have a look at the Daily Rebel.

What are folks thoughts on the actual travelling crowd and the 100.000 figure.
I see on social media that the scum are questioning this big time. Posting pics of their time there and to be honest the place looked heaving and you could not see an inch of pavement/road. I remember seeing TV pics at the time and it was always looking packed out and like you could not swing a cat. On the other hand all the news footage of us last nights prior to the game showed very large crowds but folk able to freely move around without a problem. Now I know the scum are prone to talking shoite but just read a report in the Guardian newspaper which said that the travelling report fell well short of what had been expected.
Do those photos not completely depend on what areas of the city people were congregating in?

When their biggest story is a fight between a few drunken neds in Glasgow, it shows how gutted they are nothing happened.

They thought they were about to make massive amounts on the carnage.

Well done lads on staying save out there and doing the club proud.

What are folks thoughts on the actual travelling crowd and the 100.000 figure.
I see on social media that the scum are questioning this big time. Posting pics of their time there and to be honest the place looked heaving and you could not see an inch of pavement/road. I remember seeing TV pics at the time and it was always looking packed out and like you could not swing a cat. On the other hand all the news footage of us last nights prior to the game showed very large crowds but folk able to freely move around without a problem. Now I know the scum are prone to talking shoite but just read a report in the Guardian newspaper which said that the travelling report fell well short of what had been expected.
Sorry but that’s nonsense. Maybe 20 years later, they know how to handle fans more and the city itself has developed its bar culture. The city was absolutely heaving with bears. Every side street seemed to have a bar and a huge group drinking outside it.

Stan Collymore for one.

Wtf is his problem? Obsession beyond belief.

obsession mad his belief that Ranger's fans would cause trouble led to him requesting the footage.
Bitterness and a belief that Rangers fans would cause trouble led him to request the footage

However,has decided on this occasion maybe for the first time ever to tell the truth, although it wasn't his expectations or agenda he's calling it for what it is, and insist he can't find a instance of trouble that Frankfurt did not instigate.

Set off from Seville at 4.00 this morning and just got back. Will catch-up on everything properly over the day, but pretty much everything said in this thread is true, good and bad. Two overall reflections:
  • I would have swapped the weather, surroundings and friendly atmosphere for a bear pit and pitched battles in the arse end of Eastern Europe if it meant we were bringing that trophy home with us.
  • Like Zenit in 2008, I will never watch the game or highlights of it if I live to 100.
Gutted and I don't see a decent kip or a Scottish Cup win on Saturday changing that for a while :(

Have a look at the Daily Rebel.

Quite stunning bias.

12 wee neds called a ‘mass fight’ and ‘huge brawl’.

You have another article RIGHT BESIDE IT on their site about ‘Fifteen men’ being arrested before the game at Parkhead. I’m pretty sure this was all GB / Bhoys neds. This had more arrests, but was called a ‘disturbance’.

The SMSM at their finest once again.

When I got in from the pub last night I said in a few messages that I wasn't impressed with the vocal support from the Rangers fans in the stadium last night. Having read a few of the other threads about the conditions in the stadium, the lack of water, how early the fans had to be there, then it becomes more understandable. The Germans had to put up with the same conditions but suspect they may have been more street wise, organised, and possibly less dehydrated from drinking too much alcohol.

There are organisational points that can be improved for the next European final but we already seem to have moved on a lot from Manchester so I'm hopeful.

Proud of the Rangers support and it hopefully highlights to the football authorities that there are major clubs outwith the top five leagues that can't be sidelined.

Had a fabulous couple of nights in Seville, lovely city and our experience of the Frankfurt fans in bars was positive. Friendly, good humoured folks happy to chat about football. No problems whatsoever.

We watched the game in the gigleon fanzone which was absolutely superb. Great set up.

Don't see anything sinister tbh?
How many reporters hang. About outside a public house ?

Considering the content of the report reads like a minuted account of our game from out in the street to its conclusion .

The emphasis on a police presence and levels of trouble or disorder described as at nowhere near previously reported where gatherings involve our fans .

It's an attempt at a clear hatchet job because there pretty much was eff all to report anywhere .

it's not only sinister it's fucking creepy .

Frankfurt’s hooligans looked desperate to cause trouble. I hope nobody was injured as a result, well done to the bears who stood their ground when that huge mob came towards them. Cowards moved away fast.
We were maybe lucky but didn’t experience any bother with Frankfurt fans.

To avoid the massive queue at the station taxi rank we decided to walk back back to our hotel. Walked for ages and met hundreds of quiet law-abiding Frankfurt fans No bother.
Turns out Apple Maps wasn’t particularly helpful, and we had walked totally in the wrong direction. Finally after chatting to a helpful local lad who had been under the Rangers crest pre match, my son organised an Uber taxi and we got back to our hotel about 2:30 am!
Again the Germans we encountered like in Leipzig. we’re extremely friendly. Only surprise was they were not vocal in their celebrations. Can’t imagine we would have been so quiet and well mannered if we had won.
Still a wonderful experience to get to a European Final at almost 70 and all thanks to my son’s kindness and determination to secure a match ticket for me after I narrowly missed out by a few MyGers points. I shall always treasure this despite the result last night. What a journey we have been on.

Sky Sports News were just talking about the number of fans, they spoke to the Spanish Police who praised the behaviour of the fans, especially given the heat and alcohol consumed. Said approximately 100k Rangers fans and 50k Frankfurt. They asked Police about the videos on social media from last night and it was noted it was Frankfurt fans and 1 was arrested but overall praise was given to the travelling Bears.

I thought it was class.

All the little streets, bars, squares.

Superb city. Walkable and seemed safe and clean.

Keen to go back, just not to watch football.
Definitely try and go back sometime.
It is actually a great winter sun destination.
Beautiful city, North African vibe given its location.
Great food and architecture,perfect for a few days.

We were maybe lucky but didn’t experience any bother with Frankfurt fans.

To avoid the massive queue at the station taxi rank we decided to walk back back to our hotel. Walked for ages and met hundreds of quiet law-abiding Frankfurt fans No bother.
Turns out Apple Maps wasn’t particularly helpful, and we had walked totally in the wrong direction. Finally after chatting to a helpful local lad who had been under the Rangers crest pre match, my son organised an Uber taxi and we got back to our hotel about 2:30 am!
Again the Germans we encountered like in Leipzig. we’re extremely friendly. Only surprise was they were not vocal in their celebrations. Can’t imagine we would have been so quiet and well mannered if we had won.
Still a wonderful experience to get to a European Final at almost 70 and all thanks to my son’s kindness and determination to secure a match ticket for me after I narrowly missed out by a few MyGers points. I shall always treasure this despite the result last night. What a journey we have been on.
FWIW, I wasn’t making on comment on the wider Frankfurt support who were first class by all accounts. They just have an organised hooligan element who caused some bother.

I thought it was class.

All the little streets, bars, squares.

Superb city. Walkable and seemed safe and clean.

Keen to go back, just not to watch football.

Lovely city but I will never be back.

Will always be associated with losing.

They got to march in with a banner that went from the top tier to the bottom and flags.

They were given special access no doubts

Or maybe their club was very proactive on this.

I have nothing but respect for our traveling support. No matter where we play, they are there in big numbers. To take 100,000 + to Seville, in the current financial climate, is simply superb. Yet it was entirely expected.

Rangers fans are being praised throughout the football world right now, and rightly so.

Simply the best!

Well done to all the Bears that where in Seville no bother at all which only goes to prove how the Greater Manchester Police where the sole instigators for the trouble that happened after they decided to switch off the big screens,I never seen one bit of trouble in Manchester during the day (never seen any was at the game )all the aggro started because of their ludicrous decision.

Well done once again done the Club proud.

Totally agree. They were waiting on us letting ourselves down and we never.
Quite the opposite infact.

5.5k tickets spread amongst 46k season ticket holders

Im sure all the ex players like Edmundson, Jelavic, Greg Stewart and Lafferty etc. enjoyed their free club tickets though and contributed to the atmosphere
The UB should have been given a large number of tickets, The Rangers end looked flat

much was written how it would be carnage in Seville and we would wake up to the same headlines as Manchester.well we haven’t the behavior of our support appears to have been excellent and it was the Frankfurt ultras who were hell bent on causing trouble.
Well done the traveling bears/bearettes,I am sure their are a few Scottish msm coming home bitterly disappointed they didn’t get the headlines they wanted

Apologies, @dublinbluenose , I didn't see your thread until now and have posted a similar one.

Still, the more positivity, the better!

Currently sitting at a wee bar outside people watching sipping a beer.. love this city.. up there with valencia whoos people also fell in love with us. Also

Players must have had a mountain each.

McGregor’s wife was coming the (unt at the entrance. She seemed like an overly aggressive gobby cow. Self entitled boot.

They had 6 each it seemed.

Dorrans had 4-6 with him, but I believe he owns a box, so maybe his own allocation.
I think that’s out of order Crouchy. I was also there at that time and her problem centred around the farcical policing which allowed children through a cordon without their parents. Including hers.

I wouldn’t particularly say she’s my cup of tea but your post is overly harsh.

I think that’s out of order Crouchy. I was also there at that time and her problem centred around the farcical policing which allowed children through a cordon without their parents. Including hers.

Sounds to me she's worried about potential lost children more than being a gobby cow. Fair play and good on her I say.

Not how I saw it.

She wasn’t even holding the hands of her kids,

Compare and contrast to Tav’s wife, Mum, and Goldson’s parents - they acted perfectly and navigated it well.

Not how I saw it.

She wasn’t even holding the hands of her kids,

Compare and contrast to Tav’s wife, Mum, and Goldson’s parents - they acted perfectly and navigated it well.
I’m sure they did but not everyone did, including Mrs McGregor. I still don’t think she deserves to be called a ‘Gobby cow’.

Excellent support considering the heat and the fact that the Spanish police were in charge!

I wonder if we'll get an award from UEFA?

Result aside it was a great trip and I seen no trouble whatsoever. The odd pished bear but to be expected! Malaga and Seville are both great. Didn’t have a ticket just wanted the experience. I do think the fans in the ground were not representative of the real bears hence the poor atmosphere that some have reported. Well done Bears. We did the club proud.

Back