A Prediction by Paul Brennan at Celtic Quick News

I’m sure Hugh Taylor says something similar in the Scottish Football Annual of 1972 - that the Rangers fans erupted and then roared the team onto a 4-0 win in the second half. It’s interesting that’s also your recollection.

Very easy for False Memory Syndrome to take hold and I don’t blame people for it but I’d be very surprised if the exodus from Ibrox to Hampden happened.
I suspect some bears who hadn’t been at Ibrox for our game and who lived close to Hampden took the opportunity to swell the thistle support second half.

That article encapsulates the entitlement assumed by that mob. It goes beyond ambition, its the personification of megalomania.

All well and good, but in their haughtiness they overlooked one very important factor. To use a phrase that they should be very familiar with and which they clearly forgot-"they haven't gone away you know".

And of course, we hadn't.

Rangers was battered, to an inch of it's life, critically injured, but not mortally. The life force still extant, the love too strong. We said we'd be back and they laughed in our faces, dismissing us and consigning us to oblivion. And while we endured the hard slog and predations of spivs, crooks and financial vultures, we never gave up our quest, to get back to where we rightfully belong.

And all the while, whilst the opportunity of a lifetime was squandered by our rivals, despite all the obstacles placed in our way and the disappointments and yes, the humiliations too, we never gave up the faith that we'd return.

And now after nine, hard, long, years we are back and on the verge of ramming their insufferable hubris down their throats. Great isn't it?

Potatoes, ice cream and jelly for me please!
This should be etched in marble outside Ibrox, you have succinctly encapsulated 9 years of history and emotion in a matter of paragraphs imho.

I salute you Rangerista (In an Arfield way naturally) :D

I don't know what a Paul Brennan is but he comes across as just another mentally challenged loonball.

Equating a mythical 10 in a row to the inability to serve potatoes properly. If there is one group of people in this country who know about eating potatoes its the obsessed mentally challenged!

Anyway, the non-entity is clearly a slabbering w@nk!!
The mentally challengeds did have a spell with nae tatties. Hence, they're fkn here, being a blight on society. *** RHATS!

I‘ve read this story a few times and I wonder about it.

Several thousand Rangers fans left Ibrox, with the team drawing, to go to Hampden to watch Celtic losing? How did they get there? What’s Ibrox to Hampden - 20 to 25 minutes on a good day, assuming clear traffic? Assuming the several thousand Rangers fans got supporters buses rather than public transport, where did those buses get parked?

Being generous, say the several thousand Rangers fans got out of Ibrox, onto the supporters buses, got across to Hampden, parked up, rocked up to the Rangers end in, what, 35-40 minutes? Five minutes or so left in the cup final and, presumably, the Yahoos are leaving en masse at the same time but the police and SFA proceed to allow several thousand Rangers fans to enter Hampden free of charge?

It seems up there with the Yahoo tales of piling into Love Street in 1986 after Albert Kidd scores. Presumably Doig’s had several buses on standby that day.

Several thousand Rangers fans left Ibrox, with the team drawing, to go to Hampden to watch Celtic losing? How did they get there? What’s Ibrox to Hampden - 20 to 25 minutes on a good day, assuming clear traffic? Assuming the several thousand Rangers fans got supporters buses rather than public transport, where did those buses get parked?

Being generous, say the several thousand Rangers fans got out of Ibrox, onto the supporters buses, got across to Hampden, parked up, rocked up to the Rangers end in, what, 35-40 minutes? Five minutes or so left in the cup final and, presumably, the Yahoos are leaving en masse at the same time but the police and SFA proceed to allow several thousand Rangers fans to enter Hampden free of charge?

It seems up there with the Yahoo tales of piling into Love Street in 1986 after Albert Kidd scores. Presumably Doig’s had several buses on standby that day.

I was at Hampden that day with my Plastic Whistle supporting mate, in the Rangers end
There was indeed an influx of people for the second half.
I would imagine some people would have left Ibrox before half time as communication was by transistor radio and some people would have known it was 4_0 before it was actually announced over the PA. 10 minutes half time break, 20 minutes walk and quite a few would have seen a good bit of the game. It didn't matter that they never saw that much of the game anyway, as long as they watched Thistle lift the trophy!

From memory we were playing Motherwell at Ibrox that day.

The youngsters won’t understand that in those days you didn’t get ongoing real time score updates but exceptionally the stadium PA announcer told us the half time score of 4 - 0 to Thistle.

Cue about half the stadium heading for the exits to head to Hampden.

I recall that in the TV highlights on Sportscene/Scotsport that night that the crowd shots of the Rangers end at Hampden late in the game showed a substantially bigger crowd than had been the case earlier. Several thousand Bears relocated to Hampden to support their new and temporary second team that day.
"Half the stadium heading for the exits to head to Hampden"

This never happened and is a myth that has grew arms and legs over the years.

I was at Hampden that day with my Plastic Whistle supporting mate, in the Rangers end
I would imagine some people would have left Ibrox before half time as communication was by transistor radio and some people would have known it was 4_0 before it was actually announced over the PA. 10 minutes half time break, 20 minutes walk and quite a few would have seen a good bit of the game. It didn't matter that they never saw that much of the game anyway, as long as they watched Thistle lift the trophy!
20 minute walk from Ibrox to Hampden?!

Paul Brennan got sacked from jobs for writing this sort of pish on company time

Not clicking it.

They did plan to win forever. Right back to Dr John Reid as Home Secretary, EBT investigations and the appointment of Regan / Doncaster and subsequent control of every aspect of Rangers destiny.

And they barely got 4 years of supremacy out it in our presence.

100% correct.

Not clicking it.

They did plan to win forever. Right back to Dr John Reid as Home Secretary, EBT investigations and the appointment of Regan / Doncaster and subsequent control of every aspect of Rangers destiny.

Doncaster is a smarmy creepy puppet but Regan was a real piece of work. Claimed he knew nothing about the history of the Old Firm and its rivalry. Knew nothing about the politics etc etc

google his brother who’s an expert in guess what? Yip, Irish History ffs.

"Half the stadium heading for the exits to head to Hampden"

This never happened and is a myth that has grew arms and legs over the years.
Correct I was at Ibrox that day. Rangers got booed off at half time drawing 0-0 with Motherwell. At Half time the news came through that Celtic were loosing 4-0 . Rangers were cheered on to the park when they came back out and went on to score 4 goals. There was no mass exit . There was no way you would get to Hampden in time and they would only normally open the gates with 20 min to go .

I thought Brennan was deid ?

mind there was some solicitor guy a few years back , mad tim , was dodgy as %^*& & he died

Mega lolz. It’s guys like him that I hope are face first in their cabbage and potato soup and feeling every bit of pain imaginable by not getting the 9.75.

A bigot and puppet with a history of terrible predictions. This one is my favourite.

“That is why we are going to win the league this season. It’s why we will win “10” and it is why we will continue to win successive titles for the rest of your life. This success is not built upon the wisdom of Jock Stein or Brendan Rodgers, it is a consequence of planning to win, and never lose again. Ever.”
Tremendous stuff. He also tweeted previously that we'd never win the league. :shh:

I was at the Motherwell game and I can't recall a mass exodus going to Hampden...I do recall the atmosphere at Ibrox that day and it was fantastic.

I hope Brennan is still lying awake at night thinking about how it all went wrong.

Not clicking it.

That is a conspiracy theory.
Next, you will be telling us that Covid 19 was developed in a Lab.

Ohh! ....Wait!!! o_O

Read this back in Feb when first posted Comedy Gold. Forgot about this bit :

At Sean Fallon’s funeral Mass, Alex Ferguson mentioned that he and his wife would deliberately go to the same restaurant Jock and Sean dined at on a Saturday evening, so that the young Rangers player could quiz them both on the game. It was a school day for Ferguson. People watched Celtic, copied their tactics, scouting and preparations. By 1974 Stein’s advantage was gone.

Basically, Celtic taking the credit for Ferguson's managerial career.

Correct I was at Ibrox that day. Rangers got booed off at half time drawing 0-0 with Motherwell. At Half time the news came through that Celtic were loosing 4-0 . Rangers were cheered on to the park when they came back out and went on to score 4 goals. There was no mass exit . There was no way you would get to Hampden in time and they would only normally open the gates with 20 min to go .
This^^^^^^ I was at Ibrox also and this is how I remember it that day. When the half time scores went up most people thought they had put the score up the wrong way round until it filtered through on the tranny that it was indeed the correct scoreline.:))

At Sean Fallon’s funeral Mass, Alex Ferguson mentioned that he and his wife would deliberately go to the same restaurant Jock and Sean dined at on a Saturday evening, so that the young Rangers player could quiz them both on the game. It was a school day for Ferguson. People watched Celtic, copied their tactics, scouting and preparations. By 1974 Stein’s advantage was gone.

It's amazing the celic fans believe this nonsense.
So Fergie and his Mrs rock up to Steins table while he is munching on his prawn cocktail and Black Forrest Gateaux and Fergies saying "give us some of your pearls of wisdom big man"
Haha so he did.

I was at the game as well. The thistle fans only had half of the rangers end that day and the tims had half. If there had been an influx of thousands of Rangers fans at half time, which there wasn't, it would've been total carnage.

Lets not kid ourselves, the gloating on here will come back to bite a few on the arse in the future. Enjoy each day as it comes because you don't know whats round the corner.

A point re the Partick Thistle LCF- the half-time score was announced over the tannoy at Ibrox. Unusual as the half-times were normally only displayed on the perimeter walls back then.
The announcement produced the biggest cheer of the day at Ibrox but there was no mass exit - a myth as per previous posters.
What the half-time score did seem to generate was a complete transformation in the Rangers team. After a pretty mundane 0-0 first-half performance, the team ran riot in the second- half.

To be fair Bawface was one of the first managers, along with Don Revie, to send his team out to harass the ref and claim for everything. SAF developed the same mindset.

A bigot and puppet with a history of terrible predictions. This one is my favourite.

“That is why we are going to win the league this season. It’s why we will win “10” and it is why we will continue to win successive titles for the rest of your life. This success is not built upon the wisdom of Jock Stein or Brendan Rodgers, it is a consequence of planning to win, and never lose again. Ever.”

They should just pay the victims of child abuse first and foremost , then they can start re-building the club of their dreams after they work their way back up through the leagues just like we had to and that will be only if they don't get shut down which is what should happen at paedo central :mad:

Paul Brennan......A Wibble clone........barely 20 wins last season ....
20 in a row......must be paedo convictions.....

20 minute walk from Ibrox to Hampden?!

Bears headed to Hampden that day

tenor.gif

Brennan is another who may not survive 55.
From memory we were playing Motherwell at Ibrox that day.

The youngsters won’t understand that in those days you didn’t get ongoing real time score updates but exceptionally the stadium PA announcer told us the half time score of 4 - 0 to Thistle.

Cue about half the stadium heading for the exits to head to Hampden.

I recall that in the TV highlights on Sportscene/Scotsport that night that the crowd shots of the Rangers end at Hampden late in the game showed a substantially bigger crowd than had been the case earlier. Several thousand Bears relocated to Hampden to support their new and temporary second team that day.
The story about thousands leaving Ibrox for Hampden that day is an urban myth. I was at Hampden that day as I had a family member playing for Partick Thistle that day. At best there were a couple of hundred, if that, who got into Hampden for the second half

You have to remember that Partick Thistle held a fond place in many Rangers fans hearts in the early 70’s. My grandad took me to my first game at Firhill in 1962.
My great bluenose friend’s dad didn’t come home for 2 days after that game.
Of course there were were not thousands going from Ibrox to Hampden that day, but I can tell you there were a few hundred Taxi drivers had a nice wee earner between 3:45 and 4:00.

"We were a shambles. We are now a thoroughly professional outfit in every area we operate".

Brennan actually wrote those words, yes ladies and gents, he actually wrote those words...

Arse biscuit!

Back