A Prediction by Paul Brennan at Celtic Quick News

Mozza

A bigot and puppet with a history of terrible predictions. This one is my favourite.

“That is why we are going to win the league this season. It’s why we will win “10” and it is why we will continue to win successive titles for the rest of your life. This success is not built upon the wisdom of Jock Stein or Brendan Rodgers, it is a consequence of planning to win, and never lose again. Ever.”

Paul Brennan got sacked from jobs for writing this sort of pish on company time

Not clicking it.

They did plan to win forever. Right back to Dr John Reid as Home Secretary, EBT investigations and the appointment of Regan / Doncaster and subsequent control of every aspect of Rangers destiny.

And they barely got 4 years of supremacy out it in our presence.

I don't know what a Paul Brennan is but he comes across as just another mentally challenged loonball.

Equating a mythical 10 in a row to the inability to serve potatoes properly. If there is one group of people in this country who know about eating potatoes its the obsessed mentally challenged!

Anyway, the non-entity is clearly a slabbering w@nk!!

A bigot and puppet with a history of terrible predictions. This one is my favourite.

“That is why we are going to win the league this season. It’s why we will win “10” and it is why we will continue to win successive titles for the rest of your life. This success is not built upon the wisdom of Jock Stein or Brendan Rodgers, it is a consequence of planning to win, and never lose again. Ever.”
"but for a mishap against Partick Thistle in the League Cup final"

Ha ha ha....I can remember being out in the garden and popping into the toilet for a shit only to hear the score that day coming thro on the tranny (not the Rodgers kind ;)). A real WTF moment :))B-D:))

Champions League football may or may not happen this season, but we will not collapse “like a pack (sic) of cards” if we miss out.

Oh yes you did. A collapse of epic proportions.

What caused the collapse?

Arrogance. Arrogance of you, your fellow fan and the ultimate disaster reigning over your club in Neil Lennon.

Fail Fail and goodbye 10.

Say hello to the Dave King revolution because it's smacked you so hard in the face, you've spun around 20 times and don't know where on earth you are.

"but for a mishap against Partick Thistle in the League Cup final"

Ha ha ha....I can remember being out in the garden and popping into the toilet for a shit only to hear the score that day coming thro on the tranny (not the Rodgers kind ;)). A real WTF moment :))B-D:))
I remember a feeling of disbelief when I heard that it was 4-0 to Thistle at half time. The sellic were very strong favourites that they thought that they only had to turn up to win that day! :D

W.A.T.P.

How it started.....

That is why we are going to win the league this season. It’s why we will win “10” and it is why we will continue to win successive titles for the rest of your life.

How it's going......

If ever 90 minutes told the story of a season, it was last night in Dingwall. A miserable team, bottom of the league and who sacked the manager that won at Celtic Park in November, took to the field with a cunning masterplan: put numbers behind the ball and wait for a set piece.

The only consolation is that this wretched league campaign will be over soon. Well done to John Hughes and his County players, never short of endeavour.

‘A mishap against Partick Thistle in the league cup final ‘ !!!

Thistle pumped them 4-1. That’s some mishap.

Deluded

I’ve not read it but if he’s said they’ll never lose again it just shows the type of deranged Cnut we’re dealing with, hope he’s sick to his pit hahaha.

I remember a feeling of disbelief when I heard that it was 4-0 to Thistle at half time. The sellic were very strong favourites that they thought that they only had to turn up to win that day! :D

W.A.T.P.
From memory we were playing Motherwell at Ibrox that day.

The youngsters won’t understand that in those days you didn’t get ongoing real time score updates but exceptionally the stadium PA announcer told us the half time score of 4 - 0 to Thistle.

Cue about half the stadium heading for the exits to head to Hampden.

I recall that in the TV highlights on Sportscene/Scotsport that night that the crowd shots of the Rangers end at Hampden late in the game showed a substantially bigger crowd than had been the case earlier. Several thousand Bears relocated to Hampden to support their new and temporary second team that day.

That article encapsulates the entitlement assumed by that mob. It goes beyond ambition, its the personification of megalomania.

All well and good, but in their haughtiness they overlooked one very important factor. To use a phrase that they should be very familiar with and which they clearly forgot-"they haven't gone away you know".

And of course, we hadn't.

Rangers was battered, to an inch of it's life, critically injured, but not mortally. The life force still extant, the love too strong. We said we'd be back and they laughed in our faces, dismissing us and consigning us to oblivion. And while we endured the hard slog and predations of spivs, crooks and financial vultures, we never gave up our quest, to get back to where we rightfully belong.

And all the while, whilst the opportunity of a lifetime was squandered by our rivals, despite all the obstacles placed in our way and the disappointments and yes, the humiliations too, we never gave up the faith that we'd return.

And now after nine, hard, long, years we are back and on the verge of ramming their insufferable hubris down their throats. Great isn't it?

Potatoes, ice cream and jelly for me please!

A couple more to add, keep them coming

What a prick :D

The youngsters won’t understand that in those days you didn’t get ongoing real time score updates but exceptionally the stadium PA announcer told us the half time score of 4 - 0 to Thistle.

I recall that in the TV highlights on Sportscene/Scotsport that night that the crowd shots of the Rangers end at Hampden late in the game showed a substantially bigger crowd than had been the case earlier. Several thousand Bears relocated to Hampden to support their new and temporary second team that day.

I‘ve read this story a few times and I wonder about it.

Several thousand Rangers fans left Ibrox, with the team drawing, to go to Hampden to watch Celtic losing? How did they get there? What’s Ibrox to Hampden - 20 to 25 minutes on a good day, assuming clear traffic? Assuming the several thousand Rangers fans got supporters buses rather than public transport, where did those buses get parked?

Being generous, say the several thousand Rangers fans got out of Ibrox, onto the supporters buses, got across to Hampden, parked up, rocked up to the Rangers end in, what, 35-40 minutes? Five minutes or so left in the cup final and, presumably, the Yahoos are leaving en masse at the same time but the police and SFA proceed to allow several thousand Rangers fans to enter Hampden free of charge?

It seems up there with the Yahoo tales of piling into Love Street in 1986 after Albert Kidd scores. Presumably Doig’s had several buses on standby that day.

Ha ha, I love it. B-)

W.A.T.P.

Not clicking it.

They did plan to win forever. Right back to Dr John Reid as Home Secretary, EBT investigations and the appointment of Regan / Doncaster and subsequent control of every aspect of Rangers destiny.

"Right back to Dr John Reid as (Labour) Home Secretary, EBT investigations and the appointment of Regan / Doncaster and subsequent control of every aspect of Rangers destiny". Fixed that for you! Hate the Lie Bore Party nearly as much as I hate 19th Century Terrorist mentally challenged tw@ts who support Paedo FC.

I‘ve read this story a few times and I wonder about it.

Several thousand Rangers fans left Ibrox, with the team drawing, to go to Hampden to watch Celtic losing? How did they get there? What’s Ibrox to Hampden - 20 to 25 minutes on a good day, assuming clear traffic? Assuming the several thousand Rangers fans got supporters buses rather than public transport, where did those buses get parked?

Being generous, say the several thousand Rangers fans got out of Ibrox, onto the supporters buses, got across to Hampden, parked up, rocked up to the Rangers end in, what, 35-40 minutes? Five minutes or so left in the cup final and, presumably, the Yahoos are leaving en masse at the same time but the police and SFA proceed to allow several thousand Rangers fans to enter Hampden free of charge?

It seems up there with the Yahoo tales of piling into Love Street in 1986 after Albert Kidd scores. Presumably Doig’s had several buses on standby that day.

I was at Ibrox that day, here is my recollection of what happened.

Rangers were drawing 0-0 at half time

The half time scores were never announced normally, they went up on boards around the track. This day though, the announcer read out the score. He Said "Celtic 0, Partick Thistle....[then after a long pause]....4. Ibrox erupted. A flat drab atmosphere turned into a party.

Rangers scored 4 goals in the second half to win 4-0.

I do not remember any vast exodus of fans leaving to go to Hampden. Its possible some fans did go, but the numbers would likely have been minimal.

Wrong ya fud

I wonder if he believes it enough to take a large bet with me that they won’t the 10 this season (or next in true sellick logic)

The half time scores were never announced normally, they went up on boards around the track. This day though, the announcer read out the score. He Said "Celtic 0, Partick Thistle....[then after a long pause]....4. Ibrox erupted. A flat drab atmosphere turned into a party.

I do not remember any vast exodus of fans leaving to go to Hampden. Its possible some fans did go, but the numbers would likely have been minimal.
That’s about as I remember it. Our bus back to Motherwell was about a half a dozen or so light. Later the guys who went told us there must have been thousands of Bears went to Hampden. Maybe they were correct, perhaps with some exaggeration but that’s the story they told us. They may only have got the last fifteen minutes or so and, of course, in those days gates were opened about midway through the second half and anyone could just walk in. Anyway those from our bus who went enjoyed themselve.

Roger Mitchell knows literally nothing about football. He's still remembered for being notoriously inept, which is saying something by Scottish football's standards.

An absolute clown of a man.

How's the 10IAR working out, you weapon?

That article encapsulates the entitlement assumed by that mob. It goes beyond ambition, its the personification of megalomania.

All well and good, but in their haughtiness they overlooked one very important factor. To use a phrase that they should be very familiar with and which they clearly forgot-"they haven't gone away you know".

And of course, we hadn't.

Rangers was battered, to an inch of it's life, critically injured, but not mortally. The life force still extant, the love too strong. We said we'd be back and they laughed in our faces, dismissing us and consigning us to oblivion. And while we endured the hard slog and predations of spivs, crooks and financial vultures, we never gave up our quest, to get back to where we rightfully belong.

And all the while, whilst the opportunity of a lifetime was squandered by our rivals, despite all the obstacles placed in our way and the disappointments and yes, the humiliations too, we never gave up the faith that we'd return.

And now after nine, hard, long, years we are back and on the verge of ramming their insufferable hubris down their throats. Great isn't it?

Potatoes, ice cream and jelly for me please!
Well said Rangerista, a great post and something we can all appreciate. Ever the pessimist I was dreading some sort of collapse from us even though it was illogical. After Sunday’s events though even I can say it, “we’re going to win the league” and it’s going to be wonderful, tears of joy are a certainty

I’m sure Hugh Taylor says something similar in the Scottish Football Annual of 1972 - that the Rangers fans erupted and then roared the team onto a 4-0 win in the second half. It’s interesting that’s also your recollection.

Very easy for False Memory Syndrome to take hold and I don’t blame people for it but I’d be very surprised if the exodus from Ibrox to Hampden happened.

Not clicking it.

They did plan to win forever. Right back to Theresa May Home Secretary, EBT investigations and the appointment of Regan / Doncaster and subsequent control of every aspect of Rangers destiny.

Sorted that for you.

John Reid resigned as Home Secretary in 2007.

When the EBT investigation started there was no government (April 2010). It was at the time of an election.

Cameron and the Tories won.

Theresa May was the Home Secretary during Rangers old owners demise.

He does sound very girly when he talks

which is not a problem or a crime

just an observation

Back