A random programme - East Stirling in the Scottish Cup, Jan 2008

mdingwall

Administrator
Nothing particularly special about this game or programme but thought people might like look at a few pages.

I wonder where some of the East Stirling players ended up - did they go on to have god or interesting careers. How do some of our players stand up against the measure of history?

The Saturday postponement cost us the league.

We were scheduled to play the Dhims on 23/1 but the game had to make way for this.

Here was I thinking you were going to post the Saturday postponed issue.
The Saturday postponement cost us the league.
We were scheduled to play the Dhims on 23/1 but the game had to make way for this.

Sunday to correct both of you

Postponed due to rain again - 2nd match inside 5 days - St Mirren away postponed played in May 08
Rearranged 2nd January game with them was as you scheduled for that date

As for the East Stirling game won 6-0

Boyd (3), McCulloch (2) and Hutton

John Fleck as stated made his debut that night replacing Hemdani ,

As mentioned before, the original game was postponed, and along with the St. Mirren postponement, and our European charge to Manchester, meant the mental end of the season where we had 7 games in 17 days.

Original programme (which is rare to find)

Re-arranged programme, as Mark has copied above

Nice find although I can't see the picture.
Was at my mum and dads last weekend and found the program for Shire v Aberdeen league cup 93 and bits of newspaper reporting Camelon cup wins in 93.
They were tucked inside an evening times 24 page 9 in a row pullout.
Was smiling reading it all.

Used to work beside Gary Kelly he was a mortgage advisor with the alliance and Leicester at the time. Good lad even though he was one of them.

I worked with Carl Thywissen at Shell in their Glasgow finance office. I remember the night they played us, he had to leave work in Gordon St and walk to charring Cross where the team bus was picking him up. After the match he told me that Kris Boyd was impossible to mark. He said he just hung about near you next minute you turned around and he was gone.
Karl is Norwegian and while I worked with him Scotland played Norway. I think he was the only Norwegian footballer in Scotland and I remember him being bombarded my newspapers looking for interviewes about the match.( he also told me about an interesting photo shoot the Sunday sport did with East Stirlingshire because they were the worst team in the UK).
Karl is now in Sweden where he works for Phillips. I'm still in touch with him.

Back