A request to RTV

Scooby

Official Ticketer
Please stop showing replays or close ups of people whilst the ball is in play.

There must have been 10 close ups of the SJ manager, most when the game was being played.

The viewers missed the build up to a chance in the second half for Itten, we only saw him breaking into the box.

I don't know why it annoys me so much, but it does. Everything else is excellent.

Got to agree, I thought the camera work was very poor at times tonight.

Everything else was excellent and professional.

There must have been 10 close ups of the SJ manager, most when the game was being played.

The viewers missed the build up to a chance in the second half for Itten, we only saw him breaking into the box.

I don't know why it annoys me so much, but it does. Everything else is excellent.
Tell them directly,or private message SLO.

Said same

Yeah that is defo something they need to improve on.

Missed Itten & Roofe linking up for Roofes shot.

Never really noticed. What annoys me is when they're chatting at half time or the end and there's stadium announcements or people on the side talking, it's really f8cking distracting. Then the ambulance folk wander through the shot with the stretcher.
Can they not find a quiet, private place to chat?

This has annoyed me for years.
I thought the had got better last game, but not sure if the director is RTV. I dont need a close up of calum no neck davidson, or Steven Gerrard, especially when the ball is in play.

This has annoyed me for years.
I thought the had got better last game, but not sure if the director is RTV. I dont need a close up of calum no neck davidson, or Steven Gerrard, especially when the ball is in play.

I think that the ‘regular’ RangersTV product is filmed by the SPFLs contracted external broadcaster - with a few camera shots throw in from RangersTV - but no idea if that’s the case these days. RangersTV don’t have the plethora of cameras needed to broadcast a live game like that.

Good shout OP

It was pissing me off too

The person in charge of the cameras needs to sort the coverage out

It was far too close to see what was happening on the field

They need to resolve pronto

I thought the same mate

I think that the ‘regular’ RangersTV product is filmed by the SPFLs contracted external broadcaster - with a few camera shots throw in from RangersTV - but no idea if that’s the case these days. RangersTV don’t have the plethora of cameras needed to broadcast a live game like that.

You are right, but not sure if it is an RTV director, as I am sure it is them that picks the camera shots.

Yeah, was horrendous.

Roofe on the break and wasting time zooming in on some st johnstone jobber.

Happened with hendry chance as well.

Did anybody experience any problem with buffering towards the end of the game the majority of the game was fine just the last 15 minutes

Got to agree, I thought the camera work was very poor at times tonight.

Everything else was excellent and professional.
Camera work (even with the punditry) needs some work as does the guy playing the sounds in the stadium - anyone else notice the cheer for Alfie’s ‘goal’ - to be fair Aribo scored from the corner.

I suppose it’s more to do with the director than the cameramen themselves but I agree that there’s improvements to be made.

Camera work (even with the punditry) needs some work as does the guy playing the sounds in the stadium - anyone else notice the cheer for Alfie’s ‘goal’ - to be fair Aribo scored from the corner.

I suppose it’s more to do with the director than the cameramen themselves but I agree that there’s improvements to be made.

They sounds are only on RTV. But I did laugh at the 'goal'

I noticed they went to play the crowd errupting then quickly shut it off again when Alfredo was put through for the shot before our 3rd. I think like most of us they thought we had scored.

Yes, but I thought that was funny. The fact that we can't laugh at the fact some guy got excited about Alfie's shot and was trying to time the cheer to perfection is actually kinda sad.

Did anybody experience any problem with buffering towards the end of the game the majority of the game was fine just the last 15 minutes
Nope.

The cause of buffering will most likely be down to your internet speed.

Internet speeds constantly fluctuate so you could have a perfect 75 mins then buffering if the internet speed slows down.

Yes, but I thought that was funny. The fact that we can't laugh at the fact some guy got excited about Alfie's shot and was trying to time the cheer to perfection is actually kinda sad.
It wasn’t a genuine criticism (like with the camera direction) but the sounds on RTV were a wee bit out of sync at times. Which isn’t a big deal, and i did have a laugh when it happened. Cheered myself if I’m honest.

It wasn’t a genuine criticism (like with the camera direction) but the sounds on RTV were a wee bit out of sync at times. Which isn’t a big deal, and i did have a laugh when it happened. Cheered myself if I’m honest.
Fair enough, mate. Apologies.

I genuinely laughed out loud when it happened. (At least when I sat back down after letting out a "half-cheer" myself! Maybe that's why I could relate?) :))

Fair enough, mate. Apologies.

I genuinely laughed out loud when it happened. (At least when I sat back down after letting out a "half-cheer" myself! Maybe that's why I could relate?) :))
Nah, no apology necessary. read it back it looks like I’m having a go because it’s tied up with the legit criticism of the camera direction - just wee snagging issues the new RTV is having which is entirely understandable.
We scored 30 seconds after - I didn’t actual cheer the Aribo goal as i’d been stung moments before!

had to laugh when they discuss the action at h/t and f/t. alex rae keeps wandering off his social distance mark, looks like he is man marking neil mccann after a few minutes.

Horrible camera work at times, it needs sorted !
It's nothing to do with the camera work. It's all poor decisions from the program director or producer. Its nothing new either mate. I've been emailing them about it for years and finally got a "thank you for your feedback" reply last season. Hopefully, now it's getting a wider audience more people will email them. You are spot-on, it needs to be sorted.

Director was showing off that he was listening to the commentary by showing us who/what was being talked about. Fair enough but not while the fecking ball is in play!!!!
Thought the sound guys did a top notch job - much better than I’ve heard on Sky.

Never really noticed. What annoys me is when they're chatting at half time or the end and there's stadium announcements or people on the side talking, it's really f8cking distracting. Then the ambulance folk wander through the shot with the stretcher.
Can they not find a quiet, private place to chat?
Not really as they are still social distance to adhere to, this is why they don't have the small studio.

That's almost certainly an issue at your end mate. Not happening to anybody else that I've seen reported. If it was at RangersTV end it would be happening to us all. Kids on the XBox, Mrs on Netflix etc etc?
I missed the 2nd goal because I was logged off (Xbox).
Assumed it was an issue with my set up, but maybe not if it’s happening to other folk as well.

It's a good thing that this is a concern to many as must mean we are winning :D
I can't help think of those two muppet critics Statler & Waldorf.
"This new RTV setup is amazing"
"Yeah it's brilliant"
"Yeah it's not bad"
"Yeah but it's not good"
"Infact it's a bit poor"
"Yeah it's awful, boo, boo"

Back