A season in the Turkish Capital with Ankaragücü!

Gecekondu

For those that like their obscure European football

Some references to Rangers too

An in depth look at the return to the Super Lig for Ankaragücü and some of The chaos the clubs players and mangers need to deal with and still do their job.

PS ignore the spelling, had to use an IPad because my laptop broke :p

An in depth look at the return to the Super Lig for Ankaragücü!

The round ball in Ankara: A season in the Turkish Capital with Ankaragücü! https://ankarafootball.blogspot.com/2019/05/a-season-in-turkish-capital-with.html?spref=tw

Interesting read, seems like when things go wrong in Turkey, they really do go wrong. Glad it all turned out well for your club in the end, hopefully things looking up for our old protagonists Ankaragucu.

Good read. Quite interested in Turkish Football myself now, I work for a Turkish betting firm so see some dodgy things go on. Went to Istanbul in March, had planned to go to for 4 nights to watch mainly Fenerbache but the trip was built around the Belgrade Derby and when it was moved last minute from Wednesday to Saturday I had to cut it short and only went to Istanbul for 2 nights - saw Kasimpasa v Trabzonspor, well worth a visit to that ground - great setting.

I actually have 30 odd euros on a passolig card, it expires in Feb but can be transferred to another passolig - feel free to give me a shout if you want as it is likely to go to waste as although I would love to go back to Turkey I very much doubt I will get there before Feb.

Good read. Quite interested in Turkish Football myself now, I work for a Turkish betting firm so see some dodgy things go on. Went to Istanbul in March, had planned to go to for 4 nights to watch mainly Fenerbache but the trip was built around the Belgrade Derby and when it was moved last minute from Wednesday to Saturday I had to cut it short and only went to Istanbul for 2 nights - saw Kasimpasa v Trabzonspor, well worth a visit to that ground - great setting.

I actually have 30 odd euros on a passolig card, it expires in Feb but can be transferred to another passolig - feel free to give me a shout if you want as it is likely to go to waste as although I would love to go back to Turkey I very much doubt I will get there before Feb.

Belgrade derby must have been class mate?

Trabzonspor are the best team to watch in Turkey. They have 3 outstanding young talents in Abdülkadir Parmak, Yusuf Yazici and the best of them all Abdülkadir Omur

Thanks mate will do

Interesting read, seems like when things go wrong in Turkey, they really do go wrong. Glad it all turned out well for your club in the end, hopefully things looking up for our old protagonists Ankaragucu.

Thanks mate

Its just organised chaos over there mate but the games are really good to watch and atmosphere is class

Belgrade derby must have been class mate?

Trabzonspor are the best team to watch in Turkey. They have 3 outstanding young talents in Abdülkadir Parmak, Yusuf Yazici and the best of them all Abdülkadir Omur

Thanks mate will do

Yeah was really good, lively and class support - great City Belgrade but Istanbul was bloody fantastic I thought, only there 48 hours but saw loads and would love to go back. Was a decent match that Trabzon one - was quite surprised.

Just give me a shout anytime as it's about 10000/1 I will get back to Istanbul before Feb so you are welcome to it.

I had a few quid on them last week v Sivasspor.

A comfortable 3 - 1 victory at I think 17/10.:D

All the best as always to Ankaragucu.

Yeah was really good, lively and class support - great City Belgrade but Istanbul was bloody fantastic I thought, only there 48 hours but saw loads and would love to go back. Was a decent match that Trabzon one - was quite surprised.

Just give me a shout anytime as it's about 10000/1 I will get back to Istanbul before Feb so you are welcome to it.

Would love to go to Istanbul, going to do an away match soon. Done Bursa away this year but havent done Istanbul yet mate. Heard its a great city

I had a few quid on them last week v Sivasspor.

A comfortable 3 - 1 victory at I think 17/10.:D

All the best as always to Ankaragucu.
Good stuff mate, dont bet us tomorrow as Goztepe should beat us with us having nothing to play for and they are fighting to stay up

For those that like their obscure European football

Some references to Rangers too

An in depth look at the return to the Super Lig for Ankaragücü and some of The chaos the clubs players and mangers need to deal with and still do their job.

PS ignore the spelling, had to use an IPad because my laptop broke :p

An in depth look at the return to the Super Lig for Ankaragücü!

The round ball in Ankara: A season in the Turkish Capital with Ankaragücü! https://ankarafootball.blogspot.com/2019/05/a-season-in-turkish-capital-with.html?spref=tw
always had a soft spot for Ankaragücü since we played them in the 70s love there colours to, thanks Gecekondua great read and hope the club gets stronger as the years come

Last edited:
I have a keen interest in Turkish football, my family go on holiday to Turkey every year religiously for there summer holidays although i do have to admit i’m fond of Besiktas

@Gecekondu has Daniel Candeias just joined your rivals then or am I getting mixed up?

The atmosphere in Turkey facinates me and I’d very much consider a trip. I assume it’s a relatively safe place to visit even away from the tourist hotspots?

A trip to Istanbul to catch a game followed by a trip down to one of the more unknown derbies sounds like it would be a good trip.

Turks here in Oz are a feckin nightmare. Hated playing them dirty bastards always spitting. If you have incident on the park football wise they carry on after game . One team in Melbourne used to get banned then start up under other name .
Not saying all the same but over here they still live in the past.

Would love to go to Istanbul, going to do an away match soon. Done Bursa away this year but havent done Istanbul yet mate. Heard its a great city

Love Istanbul. I try to get over a couple of times a year. I like Besiktas, but Fenerbache are more local for me as I stay in Kadikoy. Watch a game at the Ulker and then head to Moda to enjoy some food and raki :)

@Gecekondu has Daniel Candeias just joined your rivals then or am I getting mixed up?

The atmosphere in Turkey facinates me and I’d very much consider a trip. I assume it’s a relatively safe place to visit even away from the tourist hotspots?

A trip to Istanbul to catch a game followed by a trip down to one of the more unknown derbies sounds like it would be a good trip.

It is a derby mate as they are both from Ankara and share stadiums and training grounds. But its a friendly derby which is strange for Ankaragucu as our fans are the most violent in Turkey.

Ankara is a safe city but not the most touristy of places. Istanbul is a great city and has a lot more to do and see

Turks here in Oz are a feckin nightmare. Hated playing them dirty bastards always spitting. If you have incident on the park football wise they carry on after game . One team in Melbourne used to get banned then start up under other name .
Not saying all the same but over here they still live in the past.
Must be some tasty Turkish v Greek rivalry down in Melbourne

Played in one 43 years ago. Didn’t know they hated each other. Was told to give itto thewinger as he was good player well I did a couple of times. The ref from Liverpool said think he understands. Said if I send you off your lot will go nuts of I don’t the Turks will. Half time big Turk was wanting to cut my throat was kind shiting it. Anyway Greek boys were great all walked off beside me said Don’t worry aye right. Was first team played with the Greeks loved the Scottish because we got stuck in. Still friends with couple since then.

An interesting read, thanks.

I have never really taken an interest into Turkish football before, as I'm of the impression it's all corrupt/players not getting paid and a bit of a circus.

Back