A Shot At Glory (Film)

Think he refused to wear their strips so they had to alter the colour of old footage for the goals.
If he does where one then he had a gers top underneath it.
Yes according to Wikipedia that’s spot on.
‘In 2000, McCoist also starred in the film A Shot at Glory alongside Robert Duvall, playing Jackie McQuillan, a fictional legendary ex-Celtic player.[13] McCoist wore a Rangers jersey under his Celtic one to keep the material off his skin.[6]

Hee hee! Super Ally all the way. :))

the thing that wasn't known was the fact that jackie was a rangers fan but ended up playing for celtic, i remember there was a deleted scene that spoke about it and that's why him and gordon fell out all those years ago, this is how in the final cut of the movie saw ally (jackie) save a rangers fan from getting beat up by 4 celtic fans and he says to the kid with the rangers top on, "if i had a the real top i'd give you it"

the scene between gordon and katie (in the hampden stadium boardroom) was filmed in Ibrox (the red white and blue flowers gave it away as well as the wooden decor frames), i believe the house that katie and her son stayed in was filmed at allys real house, in another deleted scene where gordon and his wife visit katie, gordon takes a look around the house and goes into his grandsons bedroom and looks at the photots on the wall, he sees one with ally playing for scotland and then see's the one with the scotland flag draped over his shoulders and gordon says "striker", in the deleted version he does the same thing but says "he was proud of you that day at Ibrox" meaning he got his first call up that day when he played for rangers but in the final version there's no mention of him ever playing for rangers.

I watched an hour of this film earlier, How is this for coincidence, I had a very vivid dream during the night, That I was coming out the lifts of the flats at queen Elizabeth square, And Boyd, Sutton and Lennon chased me with machetes. :))

Keeper let's a goal in through the legs.
"Sorry boss a should have shut ma legs"

"Naw son, yer mother should have shut hers" ahahaha

I saw it as a teenager when it was first released and it immediately struck me that it was like so many modern Australian films that get made. They use all of their meagre budget on getting a couple of Hollywood stars, so the rest of the film is really actually super low budget. And you can tell.

Back