A Shot At Glory (Film)

5-D4-A213-B-E450-4-C26-A93-B-6-E7970-DF2160.jpg

Didier Agathe playing for Rangers in it is enough reason to avoid

Never seen the film but my neighbours(at that time)grandson played little Jackie.One of his lines was to shout out For Fecks Sake at a “goal” scene but his own dad got that changed to something like For Gods Sake.

The guys on heart and hand done a review and absolutely slaughtered it. I thought at the time it was a bit of a novelty as Ally was at the height of his media career but I watched it recently and it is total cringe.

When Saturday comes falls into the same category but both films were never going to win oscars and are both harmless.

Ironically the best football film ever made is escape to victory where the actors could not play football and the players could not act.
Any team that has Rambo in goals, Michael Caine in midfield with Pele up front has to be admired.

I don’t think Ally actually wears a Tim strip in it. The goals it shows you him scoring for the mentally challengeds is old footage of him scoring for us but the top has been altered
5-E5-C099-B-2532-4-FED-BE59-6196064-B73-E5.jpg

C7-CEB986-052-E-4-E43-A3-DB-C6-A58-E6-D2298.jpg
Think he refused to wear their strips so they had to alter the colour of old footage for the goals.
If he does where one then he had a gers top underneath it.

Car crash movie but strangely very watchable.

The photoshop videos of McCoist are hilarious. Don't see why they couldn't have just had him as an ex Rangers striker, wouldn't have changed the plot much. Duvall's accent as well, fucking hell.

Robert Duvall is one of my all time acting heroes. This is not his finest moment. On a slight tangent I was friendly with one of the football extras who sadly passed away last September. :(

I met Super Ally and Robert Duvall as a wee boy when they were filming the scenes in the Gorbals as that's where Allys character is brought up in the movie.
I was maybe only 7 years old and startstruck to met Super but my dad was in absolute awe meeting Robert Duvall.

A few of f us went along to Palmerston to be extras in the crowd.Im sure it was the day Mols put 4 past Goram.

Me and a few of my mates went along to Hampden when they were shooting the scenes for the cup final. It was boring as %^*&. They must have spent about an hour at least trying to get footage of Ally to score an overhead the way they wanted and there was runners around prompting us to cheert every single time.

Watching it back you'd never believe Duvall is the oscar winner who was in legendary films like The Godfather, he's awful in it, really bad. Even McCoist out performs him.

Car crash movie but strangely very watchable.

The photoshop videos of McCoist are hilarious. Don't see why they couldn't have just had him as an ex Rangers striker, wouldn't have changed the plot much. Duvall's accent as well, fucking hell.
I remember reading years ago if he was to be an ex rangers player then it would have been the mentally challengeds in the final & they would win. So a compromise was made doing it the other way around

I have the full script that was given to my brother by Dave Kirkwood.

Never read it, or seen the movie.

Me and the good lady were in Rome for a city break and were out on the piss. Headed back to the hotel and fell asleep leaving the TV on, when I woke up I seen Ally on the TV speaking Italian (dubbed). I was still pissed and couldn’t figure out what I was seeing.

Me and the good lady were in Rome for a city break and were out on the piss. Headed back to the hotel and fell asleep leaving the TV on, when I woke up I seen Ally on the TV speaking Italian (dubbed). I was still pissed and couldn’t figure out what I was seeing.

As Dave would say.
May your god go with you. :))

I remember reading years ago if he was to be an ex rangers player then it would have been the mentally challengeds in the final & they would win. So a compromise was made doing it the other way around
They did it with Taggart. Old Firm game on the radio and Taggart was willing on the Rangers. Unfortunately the mhanky mhob won and I believe he smashed his radio up.

I was living in the States at the time and found this randomly in a Hollywood Video store. I knew about the film as I was at the filming in Hampden but did not expect do find it in rural southern USA.

Anyway. Point is. It was a slice of home away from home so I enjoyed it. But Duvalls acting and footballing wisdom was not the best.

I’m sure he says something stupid like “ye hiv ta pit the baw in the net an then yel win tha gehm son”

The guys on heart and hand done a review and absolutely slaughtered it. I thought at the time it was a bit of a novelty as Ally was at the height of his media career but I watched it recently and it is total cringe.

When Saturday comes falls into the same category but both films were never going to win oscars and are both harmless.

Ironically the best football film ever made is escape to victory where the actors could not play football and the players could not act.
Any team that has Rambo in goals, Michael Caine in midfield with Pele up front has to be admired.
Michael Caine would “tread the boards” for fun up here!

Back