A small thing, but can we talk about the DJ?

Wish some c@nt would take me back to 90’s

the-simpsons-homer-simpson.gif

For a few games now the atmosphere just before kick-off has been flatter than a witches tit.

Any chance the DJ could stop playing tunes 10 minutes before kick-off and just let the Union Bears get the crowd going?

I'd rather listen to Jazz FM over the tannoy than the UB Ulster 2021 Megmix.

Was noticeable on the odd occasion the rest of the stadium joins in the singing, it's for club songs.

The DJ belongs to the 90s. Can someone take him back there?

90s was superb for music - and kicks the crap out of the shit we get hit with today.

I was actually thinking about this at half time today. The club could do something a bit different, maybe in the close season have fans with a musical background submit songs and have MyGers members pick the best 3-5 to get played over the tannoy. The winner could even perform on the opening day of the season at Ibrox. There’s so much potential for match days if someone was willing to put in the effort.

I'd rather listen to Jazz FM over the tannoy than the UB Ulster 2021 Megmix.

Was noticeable on the odd occasion the rest of the stadium joins in the singing, it's for club songs.

90s was superb for music - and kicks the crap out of the shit we get hit with today.
Aye, mind the halcyon days of the 90s when there were no Loyalist songs to be heard.

Genuine question. Anyone been to other clubs and found a better novel pre match build up? I’m sure there’s lessons to be learned from other big clubs worldwide. Maybe Rangers could pay me to travel and do some research ;-)

Aye, mind the halcyon days of the 90s when there were no Loyalist songs to be heard.

I remember those days when people were not trying to kill free speech.

That said, it is time to move on from those particular songs now.

I have no seen many suggestions as to what a better selection for the DJ would be.

He's not been doing the job "for years"

The guy is paid to do a job that he does with enthusiasm, whether you want to believe it or not.

As above, if you feel like the job he's doing (which is the one he's been asked to do) then why don't you put your suggestions for change forward using the correct channels rather than bad mouth someone on a public forum?
Take it you know him , what’s his name

Remember how playing AC/DC Thunderstruck would get the crowd going and make the opposition fear us :D

We must be the only place to hear kasabian as well. They've pretty much been blacklisted from radio after the singers domestic abuse case

I fancy someone who has experience of being an MC and has enthusiasm and knowledge of the club doing the role , someone who realises the dreadful 1990 megamix with speeded up every other Saturday and bluebells are blue isn’t what fans want to hear in 2021

Have to say the enthusiasm from the announcer tonight, particularly when announcing the sun's has been off the charts. What a performance!

What do you think?

Back