A Statement Of Intent

Ross Wilson is playing a blinder. The level of secrecy is great. Just need to find out who is leaking to ill Phil and we are sorted. Getting all that players for under £2m is some good work.
Yeah m8 Phil knows we are using "undisclosed fee" to hide the fact we're using monopoly money , what an absolutely dick of a guy.

Dont tell them but I have it on good authority that Craig Whyte is backing us with millions he hid from the tax man and dozens of self empmloyed face painters.

"haven't they been going into admin for 5 or 6 seasons now"

another belter

the guy that posted that was ignored, and they continued with their pish

:)

We’re currently Alfie saying hes staying and fans being allowed back in off this being the best day of my life. Slight exaggeration but u know what i mean

The board have backed Gerrard since day one.

Time for the gaffer & players to do the business.. we have the tools to challenge.
Gerrard has delivered, I think a context should be applied to your comment. We haven't won the League, sure, but the results in Europe have been phenomenal. To bring the success in the league is going to require consistency; Gerrard has slowly put a side together that will hopefully bring that by adding these signings.

I wouldn't say we've laid down a marker more strengthened a position where we only had 1 fit player

z9lIbcOrF63p.gif

I don’t think it’ll be as close to £10m as everyone thinks, the initial ‘press reports’ are based on absolutely %^*& all.

The board have backed Gerrard since day one.

Time for the gaffer & players to do the business.. we have the tools to challenge.

Were nearly there imo. We have built up foundations and upped the levels since gerrard came in. Still a wee bit to go. Im getting greedy but a player like skov olsen to compliment hagi, kent and aribo. A loan striker such as brewster or vydra. A box to box midfielder and a player to push Tav such as Dennis Gyamfi until Patterson is ready. We can use 5 subs now. Need to be firing all cylinders for 90 minutes. During whole campaign.

Two strikers signed for the best part of £9/10 million and you would think there is more business to be done especially in the midfield/attacking area of the team.

Today we laid down a marker we are fucking going for it this season and we aren't messing about and I'm loving our transfer business full on quality over quantity.

The board have backed the manager and deserve plaudits likewise Ross Wilson for bringing the players in and the management team know what's required.

Well done Rangers now who's next ?

makes the bench seem like it can affect games too.

I'm super excited about our moves so far in the market (i.e., the aquisition of Roofe and Itten).

I've watched a fair amount of footage of them and they both look to be technically sound, physically strong, and both have an eye for goal.

I'm still hoping that the club can still make more moves in happen.

Lastly, I'm liking a lot of what the club is doing at the moment. Continual improvement in all areas for a massive campaign ahead.

Last edited:
On a side note Gerrard really has to start delivering trophies now. He’s had over £30m in transfer fees and been backed heavily by the board.

I know a lot of his spending will be offset by Europe and the potential sale of Morelos but you really can’t spend that type of money and get put out of cups by Hearts and Aberdeen anymore.

Sure we might have the off day against one of the weaker teams in the league but we really should be wiping the floor with the 10 other teams week in week out and fighting it out in the league at the business end of the season now.

Delighted with these signings but our talking should be done on the park. This club expects success; a huge season for everyone.

These signings are two fingers up to everybody.

Celtic fans will be shitting themselves if Edouard is sold and no replacement brought in

Think our squad is shaping up to be a cracker.
If Aribo, Hagi and any of the new strikers hit a bit of form together, I think we'll take a bit of stopping.

if we could get an extra box to box midfielder who would quicken our play up i would be happy.... if we could bring someone else in that could help hagi and kent out id be ecstatic

Was thinking the exact same thing. Hopefully 2 strikers up top at home no question. It's the away games I'm intrigued with.

itten and roofe look like they could link up well together. admittedly thats from youtube videos of itten and watching roofe while he was at leeds

Would anyone concur that we are close to if not better than 2010/11 squad ?

On paper. Just paper.

We're still 2 quality players in the middle of the park short imo, we need a right hard bastard in there for the games away at fir park, pittodrie,Easter road etc, we get plenty time to play football at the piggery but other places we need a hard man in the middle.

Roofe and Itten will be first choice starters along with Kent Hagi &Aribo so does this mean a change in shape to our approach?

Go get an animal in the middle of the park.

Then add in a lightening quick right sided forward, with a left foot to cut in and score goals.

Keep Alfie. :)

Gives us so many options for different formations. Barasic and Taverniers assists will double this season. Huge statement of intent and balances the squad. £ first team signings so far and hopefully a midfielder to follow.

This is more like it - do our business quietly and astutley.

I say we need to keep Morelos for at least one more season, having this competition up front will only give us hungry players wanting to impress!

Kent, Aribo and Hagi starting to gel as a unit! Future is looking good bears.

Can’t see Alfie staying but if he does we need one midfielder and we are good to go

Gerrard has delivered, I think a context should be applied to your comment. We haven't won the League, sure, but the results in Europe have been phenomenal. To bring the success in the league is going to require consistency; Gerrard has slowly put a side together that will hopefully bring that by adding these signings.
Exactly mate

Without Europe he wouldn't be backed as much as he has been, there's a reason he's been backed far more than any other manager in recent times and it's simple down to the fact he's brought in the money via Europe and they haven't

They both come hand in hand and today ,aswell as getting Ryan Kent is an example of why Europe is important. Can probably add Hagi to that list aswell although less indirect..

Cap doffed to the board.
Cap doffed to our supporters too. Look at how we have backed the club and what a difference a fare proportion of merchandise money going to the club will mean.

I’m in my fifties and I’ll be buying everything I can. Let’s ramp up our spending even more and support this phenomenal club of ours. Home top delivered today, quality is excellent. Away top on order and need to look at the training gear.

I don't give two fuuks whit Stewart or any of the bitter, twisted cunnts in the media have to say about anything.

Don't look to get offended.
I'm not in the least offended but just calling back to when he was almost crying about finances when we signed Kent.

"Where is the money coming from " and, hopefully, this may well push him over the edge

Back