A support without a voice ?

Oh flying high

We have been getting targeted from the BBC and the mhedia in general and we have no one to speak up for us.
Pretty sad for a club with a huge fan base.

For every Spiers, English and Stewart I don't see an equivalent who will attack Celtic and their fans for their antics the way they do us.

Gerrard in his last press conference was the biggest voice we have had in a long time, and long may that continue hopefully with others putting their heads above the parapet to support him, and us.

The problem is that any supporter in the past who has tried to fight our corner in the media unbelievably becomes a target of smears and abuse from sections of our own.

David Edgar refused to keep doing it, Chris Graham lasted a week, and various others have tried and emerged looking shell shocked....

Last night Gordon Dalziel said on Clyde he married a catholic and got loads of abuse. “On the streets” etc.

Now ..it could be his wife was targeted by Celtic fans unhappy at her marrying a guy who played for Rangers.

However..he left it hanging in the air. Didn’t explain.

So he left the impression that it was big bad Rangers fans again.

This is what we are up against. From an ex player

Last night Gordon Dalziel said on Clyde he married a catholic and got loads of abuse. “On the streets” etc.

Now ..it could be his wife was targeted by Celtic fans unhappy at her marrying a guy who played for Rangers.

He is an Uncle Tom lickspittle happy at the feet of his bigoted paymasters.

I despise him.

David Edgar refused to keep doing it, Chris Graham lasted a week, and various others have tried and emerged looking shell shocked....

The Board bottled it.

So what if he had previously criticised terrorists (and their apologists) online. That seems to me to be a relatively easy stance to defend.

Had the Board backed Chris Graham, I doubt if we would be experience the PR disaster we are right now.

Neil McCann trumps anything Daziel ever got if he ever got any abuse at all, McCann only has ever had abuse from guess who.?

Last edited:
We have been getting targeted from the BBC and the mhedia in general and we have no one to speak up for us.
Pretty sad for a club with a huge fan base.
I was always under the impression that`s what all these supporters groups were for, which is basically now club 1872.
They should be dealing with this in a more robust manner but as we know, they won`t. They are for too close to the club now as a major shareholder and imho, has weakened their stance.
There have been loads of instances wrt referees lying etc that they should have been shouting from the rooftops..........

It’s the Scottish version of “I can’t be Racist I have a black friend”I cant be sectarian I married an Aircraft carrier”

The Board bottled it.

So what if he had previously criticised terrorists (and their apologists) online. That seems to me to be a relatively easy stance to defend.

Had the Board backed Chris Graham, I doubt if we would be experience the PR disaster we are right now.
I do feel it was a sad loss for the club, but realistically there was no way the club could do anything but cut official ties at that time

He probably could’ve got away with tweeting just about anything bar that cartoon, even given the mood of the time / general reaction to that paris terrorist attack, the social standard just can’t allow questioning of (& perceived threat of reprisals) surrounding that figure in Islam (is that fair & correct? Especially given the way comment / satire on christ & Christianity passes so freely, of course not, that’s just where we are though.

Though I’m still not sure what having him or anyone else from rangers / rangers support can really do when you have thousands of folk using 19th Century Terrorist in a song so blatantly and being flagged up for it by a football manager directly after a game. It’s a Complete firefighting task

Most of us have turned away from mainstream media the last few years and get our fix elsewhere.

The decline of the msm will see their end soon

Look at the media and politicians when Lennon was hit with a coin and the song about Clark. Imagine we had the paedo ring we'd be shut down with immediate effect

For every Spiers, English and Stewart I don't see an equivalent who will attack Celtic and their fans for their antics the way they do us.

Due to anyone trying to have a discussion bring accused of being a bigot or anti-catholic or anti Irish. Etc etc. People don't want to be labelled. Bad for the career.

The problem we face is not again one spokes person or a figurehead, it's an entire movement. One day its Speirs, the next Andy Walker, English and so on. To counter these numerous attacks and turn the tide we will have to fight back in equal measure.

This narrative has been built over the best part of 20 years or more. The sad truth is it's not going to change this season or next but we must start to change something instead of stumbling around with statement after statement.

It would be a thankless task to be a leader amongst our support. Folk would appear to think it gives them carte blanche to abuse whoever that person would be

)
The problem is that any supporter in the past who has tried to fight our corner in the media unbelievably becomes a target of smears and abuse from sections of our own.
abuse from our own and abuse from a Tag Team media.
Everybody would need to back the person that has that thankless task.
What’s the chances?:rolleyes:

The problem is a large percentage of our fan base think it's still acceptable to to sing songs that get us into bother.Why should the club try and defend these morons who repeatedly make them look like arses.Go and look at most of the threads on this subject and more than a third still dont see what was wrong with what happened on Wednesday.Their default answer is the mob across the city do it and nothing happens to them.They don't care about the club but are the first ones to criticise when the club don't defend them.F*ckin ironic ..int it!

Back