A thread from the old board in about 2007 - "How many people on here actually buy FF"

I think my username back then was my actual surname which wasn’t the brightest idea considering it’s quite a rare name.

Some bastard mentally challenged replicated it by replacing two small “L’s” ( ll ) with two capital “I’s” ( II ), which allowed him to register what looked like an identical name.

He then proceeded to post all sorts of shite and outing me as a timposter.

Fair do’s to him, he had me going around in circles with me posting stuff like “ that’s no’ me, this is me” and he’d come back with ‘Naw it isnae, this is me”
You get the drift. It went on for ages. I can’t remember how it was resolved.

Admin probably kicked the newbie out.

While I was working away I used to get Family to pop over and buy the FF & No.1 for my return.
Second thing I did when I got home was read FF!!

LB9i1iQ.jpg
Manfromdelmonte logged on for 34 minutes trying to arrange a Bearette calender.

Paul’s newsagents in the Savoy Centre was a good stockist in the city.
Thanks for posting, I was about to embarrass myself by saying Sauchiehall Street Centre.
It could have been in a shop on renfield street. Not sure but it used to have tons of stuff. Even an American mercenary magazine in the 80s that I used to buy.

I think my username back then was my actual surname which wasn’t the brightest idea considering it’s quite a rare name.

Some bastard mentally challenged replicated it by replacing two small “L’s” ( ll ) with two capital “I’s” ( II ), which allowed him to register what looked like an identical name.

Fair do’s to him, he had me going around in circles with me posting stuff like “ that’s no’ me, this is me” and he’d come back with ‘Naw it isnae, this is me”

I can sort of remember this and everyone was trying to work out who was the fake

Pissing myself, an internet version of Nicholas Cage and John Travolta.

I've wasted half my life on FF B-D
I’ve reckon that I’ve been on FF in various guises of board since about 2002 or so.
I’ve never been a prolific poster but know how much time it feels like I’ve spent trawling through pages... no idea how some of the heavy hitters find the time to function in other aspects of life!

Used to buy FF and Number One every time they still came out. Must have at least a couple of hundred in the house.

Latest posts

Back