A toast from Big DJ

I started following the big man ( on Instagram.) when it was mentioned he didn’t have loads of followers. I don’t follow many myself but he was a childhood hero, so I answered the call. He is a Legend.

That caught me a bit off guard there, wee lump in the throat moment !!

I used to give DJ absolute pelters when he was on Snyde. I think looking back now, he was trying to remain neutral, but probably came to a point where he saw he was pissing in the wind against a shower of thoroughly rancid bastards who wanted our club dead.

Those same rancid bastards, colleagues he's worked with for a long time, sat back and allowed the mouth breather Sutton to tear into him, and said nothing to defend the man.

He is well out of it now, and good to see him enjoying a long awaited refreshment & a lovely toast to the Rangers.

When listing the people who contributed over the last ten years to get us where we are, I think current chairman Douglas Park should get more prominence. Even when Dave King was Chairman, a lot of the money raised by the board came from the Park family. I don’t have the status in this forum but I’d love to see someone start a thread to give heartfelt thanks to Douglas Park and his family. #55 WATP!

A man who lives and breathes Rangers. I'm sure I heard a wee quiver in his voice. I hope I did and he's was on another absolute high recording that. Enjoy that drink Derek.

Back