A tribute to HRH The Duke of Edinburgh

Superb. Too young to have seen it (only by a few years).

Swing low, sweet chariot...Gazza’s here for 10 in a Row :))

The plan had been to play it after the last home game against Motherwell in 96/97 but it all went boobs up on the day, so was included on end of season video instead

I thought he was Greek but apparently he had Danish blood and was born in Greece so I have learned something tonight. Condolences to the Queen and her family.

Pity really, not a bad old scone Phil the Greek, droll at times with a happy knack of upsetting the do-gooders, and so close to getting a telegram from the Queen herself.

Last edited:
Loved the story today that HRH used to land his helicopter inside the centre circle at Ibrox when touring central Scotland.
Just been sent a WhatsApp with a great picture of him on the pitch meeting Scott Simon helicopter in the background as you say
Wish I new how to post it

Read somewhere yesterday he had landed a navy helicopter on at least 2 occasions on the centre circle back in the day

God Bless Prince Philip. The Duke of Edinburgh.
Read somewhere yesterday he had landed a navy helicopter on at least 2 occasions on the centre circle back in the day
oZ4C811.jpg

A true servant of the Queen and the United Kingdom. Love the Spitting Image clip, at least he got to see his team get 55. Rest in Peace and thank you for your service

The Prince Philip, The Duke of Edinburgh has given so much to this country, including war time service, Gift Aid and The Duke of Edinburgh Trust to name but a few of his many accomplishments.

Alongside Her Majesty, he has devoted a lifetime to serving The United Kingdom of Great Britain & Northern Ireland

God bless him and keep him safe. Gone but never forgotten by a grateful nation

Back