Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Makes you wonder why he was never given a knighthood. They knew he knew

slightly off topic but thats what i always thought about Bruce Forsyth, he was the sort of person they would have knighted ages ago, so until he eventually got it I always thought they knew something that was stopping it.

Large John knew alright. Don’t worry about that. He was as wide as they came. a big cheeky bugger, Liked his drink and loved his gambling, or scamming anyone he could. He’d spend a fair old chunk of dough at his old pals bookies and boozers. Up to no good a lot of the time.
that’s all gravy in comparison to knowing what he knew.
He should never have been allowed near a football team with his knowledge, but he allowed it to happen. This will be his true legacy, surpassing any trophy win he achieved.

How the decent Celtic fans (no laughing at the back) aren't up in arms about this is beyond me. If this was a club or organisation I had a vested interest in, I would be furious/disgusted if information of such a cover up was coming out.

I know all rivals think they're better than the other side but, the deafening silence from the other side of the city truly shows them up for being the contemptible scum we've always believed them to be.

Justice in America would see them absolutely hammered,I just hope the detectives there working this case can prove something and get them in court over there,Penn State style would be perfect.

'Jerry Sandusky - Assistant Coach of the Penn State Nittany Lions football team - sexually abused ten young boys over a period of at least 15 years, from 1994 to 2009. Officials at Penn State purportedly failed to notify law enforcement after learning about some of these incidents. An internal investigation into Penn State's actions - led by Former FBI Director Louis Freeh - was launched.

Freeh announced that the team assisting him in his investigation would include former FBI agents and federal prosecutors. As the Sandusky trial proceeded toward conviction in June 2012, it was announced that Freeh's report would be released to the trustees and the public simultaneously, without being reviewed by the school's general counsel's office.

Three Penn State school officials - School President Graham Spanier, Vice-President Gary Schultz and Athletic Director Tim Curley were charged with perjury, obstruction of justice, failure to report suspected child abuse, and related charges. Shortly after the scandal broke, Spanier resigned. The Penn State Board of Trustees terminated the contracts of Curley and of the longtime head football coach, Joe Paterno.

Shortly after the release of the Freeh Report, the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Board gave its' President - Mark Emmert - the power to take corrective and punitive action relative to Penn State, forgoing the NCAA's normal investigative protocol. On July 22, 2012, the NCAA announced that it would impose "corrective and punitive" sanctions against both the Penn State football program and the institution as a whole the next morning.

On July 23, 2012, Emmert announced the following sanctions against Penn State:

- five years probation.

- A four-year post-season ban.

- Vacating of all wins from 1998 to 2011. A total of 112 wins. This had the effect of stripping the Nittany Lions of their shared Big Ten titles in 2005 and 2008. It also removed 111 wins from Paterno's record, dropping him from first to 12th on the NCAA's all-time wins list.

- A $60m fine, the proceeds of which were to go toward an endowment for preventing child abuse. According to the NCAA, this was the equivalent of a typical year's gross revenue from the football program.

- Loss of a total of 40 initial scholarships from 2013 to 2017. During the same period, Penn State is limited to 65 total scholarships - only two more than a Division I FCS (formerly I-AA) school is allowed.

- Penn State was required to adopt all recommendations for reform delineated in the Freeh report.

- Penn State must enter into an "athletics integrity agreement" with the NCAA and Big Ten, appoint a university-wide athletic compliance officer and compliance council, and accept an NCAA-appointed athletic integrity monitor for the duration of its probation.

Sanctions rescinded
The NCAA later rescinded many of the sanctions against Penn State. On September 24, 2013, the NCAA announced that Penn State's scholarships would be gradually restored until the number of scholarships reached the normal 85 for the 2016–17 year, the first year after Penn State's postseason ban.

A year later, on September 8, 2014, the NCAA announced that Penn State would be eligible for the 2014 postseason and all scholarships would be restored in 2015. Several months later, on January 16, 2015, the NCAA reinstated Paterno and Bradley's wins.'

There must have been a lot of horse trading going on behind the scenes to have so many of these sanctions rescinded so quickly.

How the decent Celtic fans (no laughing at the back) aren't up in arms about this is beyond me. If this was a club or organisation I had a vested interest in, I would be furious/disgusted if information of such a cover up was coming out.

I know all rivals think they're better than the other side but, the deafening silence from the other side of the city truly shows them up for being the contemptible scum we've always believed them to be.

It because they almost exclusively come from a culture of "the organisation is bigger than anything and must be protected at all costs"

I have had the misfortune of being called for Jury duty twice, on both occasions it was for historical child sex abuse. I won't go into detail, on the first case the individuals head was so screwed, and so let down with the system, doesn't bare thinking about.
Second case was a football related one, the guy was pleading not guilty, trial was set for 2 weeks, can't remember exact number of witnesses, 6 or 7 I think, 2 had committed suicide since giving their statements, 1 on Christmas eve, all bar 1 had turned to drink or drugs. Evidence stars in the afternoon of Day 1, quickly ran through first, on to second, FFS is all I can say, we had to listen to every detail, horrific!! Even the QC defending wasn't trying, Day 3, we were left in Jury room, just before lunch we were dismissed, guy changed his plea to guilty on all counts.
I hope I never get called again and have to sit through anything like that second trial again, never!

Did someone not say that around this time, Steins boy was at Celtic Boys Club and left unexpectedly. The mind boggles with the levels of depravity within this Club.

Yes, George Stein was centre half in the under 15s during season 1968/69.

Torbett was 100% abusing some of the boys during that season.

Was Jock Stein made aware of the abuse that was going on during that 1968/69 season?
100% certain he was!

The deafening silence shows there is no doubt about Gordon and other accusations, months ago there were tirades of replies from the usual suspects that Celtc would sue anyone who had the gall to say these things in public. It never happened, will never happen and would no doubt be welcome if it did.

They just ignore it mate.
I worked with two fat stinking mentally challengeds in Aberdeen. Both from Glasgow originally, one ex Army, one ex Royal Navy. Both always on about ra Celtic and both SNP voters, strangely enough.

Despite sitting right next to one for about 6 months, i never even acknowledged him.

One day after they had beat us last year, fat slug 1, is talking to fat slug 2 right beside my desk and decide to ask my opinion on the game.

I said that after all this time, they suddenly wanted to talk football, so lets start with the elephant in the room, Celtic Boys Club. They both denied knowing anything about it, said i was obsessed and never spoke to me ever again. Happy days, but it shows the mind set you are delaing with.

You ever notice when tweets about Rangers or anything to do with us the scum are all over it like a fckn' cheap suit.
But when it comes to this they are strangely silent. Hmm.
They tend to come back with Gordon Neely and compare this isolated case which unlike their paedophile ring was not tolerated or covered up by Rangers.
Of course the great scandal with Neely is that it was mainly at Hibernian he abused but when he was kicked out and later got a role at Ibrox they neglected to inform Rangers..

You think what happens in USA, front page news, Diocese going broke after payouts. Contrast this over to hear, YOU THE SCUM OF THE EARTH, SCUM LOVING MEDIA, ARE COMPLIANT AS THOSE THAT ARE THE PERPETRATORS. The Jacksons will event stories about RFC, however when comes to truth against the SCUM an overwhelming SILENCE!
P.S. Mark Daily, “WHO”?

If any of you are watching the repeat of Little Boy Blue on ITV, part 4 is on tonight. It's the story of the shooting of Rhys Jones in Liverpool in 2007. Tonight, we'll see the gang members in court. They turned the proceedings into a joke. Laughing and smirking at everything, throwing paper aeroplanes, making a big joke.

That is what that mhob are like. Treating the law and decent society as a joke. They just don't care. "We are untouchable!".

Well the Liverpool court wiped the smiles off their faces. Big time.

Can't wait for the exact same thing to happen to the East-end bheasts.

And yet still very few in the Scottish media will touch this

It’s as if they’re scared to upset the bheasts

My heart goes out to the many victims of that horrific football club. They will never receive true justice and contrition from that mob, as that will mean that they are acknowledging that everyone from the Celtc * Boardroom downwards, including Stein, McNeil and many more famous individuals, all knew about serious crimes against young people but refused to contact the police, or even social workers.

Makes you wonder why he was never given a knighthood. They knew he knew

the club were given a knighthood a director took it .................

In 1969, Kelly became the first club chairman in Scotland to be knighted for his services to football.[1] He regarded the honour as belonging to Celtic and Scotland as much as to himself.[1]

They just ignore it mate.
I worked with two fat stinking mentally challengeds in Aberdeen. Both from Glasgow originally, one ex Army, one ex Royal Navy. Both always on about ra Celtic and both SNP voters, strangely enough.

Despite sitting right next to one for about 6 months, i never even acknowledged him.

One day after they had beat us last year, fat slug 1, is talking to fat slug 2 right beside my desk and decide to ask my opinion on the game.

I said that after all this time, they suddenly wanted to talk football, so lets start with the elephant in the room, Celtic Boys Club. They both denied knowing anything about it, said i was obsessed and never spoke to me ever again. Happy days, but it shows the mind set you are delaing with.

When I was in the forces, I used to ask those types why they had joined the UK Armed Forces.

I worked with a bloke in the Marines who had a season ticket at Parkhead.

We came back from Afghanistan around remembrance Sunday time. He was disgusted with the goings on at Parkhead, walked out, binned his season book and has never been back.

Large John knew alright. Don’t worry about that. He was as wide as they came. a big cheeky bugger, Liked his drink and loved his gambling, or scamming anyone he could. He’d spend a fair old chunk of dough at his old pals bookies and boozers. Up to no good a lot of the time.
He should never have been allowed near a football team with his knowledge, but he allowed it to happen. This will be his true legacy, surpassing any trophy win he achieved.

Alan Brazil laughingly told a story that he had good odds on a horse months before a big race. The day of the race Scotland were playing. Brazil had scored a few goals in previous game ( not sure if it was club or country) and was expected to start. anyway stein asked Brazil a few times for a cut off the action. Brazil refused, each offer was reduced in Brazil’s favour. Brazil again refused and coincidentally didn’t play in the game. Brazil thought it was funny I thought it was bullying.

just googled this
WC Spain 82, first match v New Zealand, Team was announced to the players and Alan Brazil is starting, that night Stein collars Brazil and asks him to give him the horse he’d heard AB was backing, Brazil refused, match day when the team sheet went up Brazil wasn’t starting.

Alan Brazil mentioned Stein's gambling regularly and the abuse that himself and other apprentices took from him when his bets lost.

Remember the old mentally challenged line - ‘Big Jock never knew ((Torbett) and when he did he kicked him straight out the boys club’

So Big Jock did know
If CBC was a separate entity how did kick him out
The whole statement does not make sense
They were all up to their foreheads in it

If they had only gone the police how many life’s would have been spared of their shame

Gordon Woods is a very brave man

His book will obviously ruffle a few feathers but the truth needs to be told

Pity our society relies on a complicit mhedia and broadcasters who are full of bitter mentally challenged scum who protect Nonce FC every time

Also the SFA are protecting Nonce FC and if they have given Nonce FC the inquiry document into CSA in Scottish football to allow certain truths to be hidden or removed sums up this corrupt shithole

Was there not some ex-detective that got elbowed for lewd practice
with a middle-aged lady in the Celtic Store, does he go into the count?

His portrait must be removed from Hampden.

EBT’s - second only to match fixing they said.

Now’s the time to go for them.

Yes, as they said, and as you say.

WHEN the link is finally and inextricably made in court that the CFC Board knew about this happening and covered it up, we MUST ask that question:

" Is a decade of tax avoidance worse than several decades of multiple child abuse and its cover-up ?
If a tax avoidance scheme that was NEVER found to be "illegal" or "unlawful" in any court can lead to such draconian punishments that were issued to Rangers, WHAT will be the punishments issued to CFC for their systemic complicity in child rape ? "

Sadly, this does not surprise me at all.
The Gray family are very strong with what they,ve had to put up with.

Indeed Buzz, they've both been incredible. Two VERY strong, remarkable. women.

Any normal person would be proud to have them as a sister and mother, yet they get constant abuse from the paedophile harbourers fans and constantly ignored by the (wait for it, wait for it) justice minister. I'm shaking my head as I type that.

That disgusts and infuriates me in equal measure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back