A View from the Terrace

TerryArcade

I also enjoy it. Like others have said, some of the features they do on random lower league teams or players are brilliant.

It is a bit hipster but it's a show that doesn't take itself too seriously. If you're interested in the game of football that exists outside of Rangers then you'll probably enjoy it.

Hammy

If you like craft beer and have ever shopped in Urban Outfitters, it’s more for you.

If you enjoy a pint of Tennents and have ever worn Stone Island, then Open Goal is more for you.

Personally like both shows (even if I fit into the first category more). The podcast is excellent and Craig Fowler comes across as a very sound guy. It’s more of a university going Edinburgh perspective (think most of the contributors are Hibs/Hearts fans), but there’s no bias towards us or them. Adam from H&H has made a few appearances on it recently too and they seem to value his insight into Rangers.

Papac

If you like craft beer and have ever shopped in Urban Outfitters, it’s more for you.

If you enjoy a pint of Tennents and have ever worn Stone Island, then Open Goal is more for you.

Personally like both shows (even if I fit into the first category more). The podcast is excellent and Craig Fowler comes across as a very sound guy. It’s more of a university going Edinburgh perspective (think most of the contributors are Hibs/Hearts fans), but there’s no bias towards us or them. Adam from H&H has made a few appearances on it recently too and they seem to value his insight into Rangers.
The world is full of complexities but I prefer Tennent's and can't stand the morons on Open Goal.

Been watching since it started. Prefer their podcast but it’s by a distance the best Scottish football show on the television(not that there’s much competition).

The TV series maybe suffers a little from the need to continually produce diverse content while the podcast has the luxury of being able to fall back on reviewing/previewing the weekend action in more depth but as other posters have said, some of he segments on clubs lower down the ladder are absolutely brilliant.

TerryArcade

Telfer wore a blue Stone Island jumper on the show a few weeks ago :)

From what i've gathered from the show, I think two of them are from Edinburgh, one from Fife and one from Stenhousemuir/Larbert.

I'd be happy to have a pint with them, whether it's a craft beer or a solid Tennent's!

MTP

Don't mind the show anytime i've watched it - this thread has actually just made my sky+ it.

z1co80

Watched it a couple of times previously and couldn’t bare it but tried to give it one last chance tonight but it’s shite.

One of them tonight going on about Celtic having the better squad but Rangers being a better team just confirms to me I don’t need to be watching this crap.

I could maybe get by the fact I disagree with a lot of what’s said if the humour was actually half decent but it’s not. I won’t be bothering again

Dadobear2.0

What a dreadful abomination, caught a few minutes of it when I turned the tele over during adverts, 3 fandans giggling like schoolgirls at some balding dobbers pishy patter whilst watching phone footage of 2 jobber teams playing. I always thought it sounded terrible but it was worse than I imagined. It’s a no from me.

Stewmelbill

What a dreadful abomination, caught a few minutes of it when I turned the tele over during adverts, 3 fandans giggling like schoolgirls at some balding dobbers pishy patter whilst watching phone footage of 2 jobber teams playing. I always thought it sounded terrible but it was worse than I imagined. It’s a no from me.

I can watch the show, without finding it particularly funny - but you have pretty much nailed it with that description.

'3 fandans giggling like schoolgirls at some baldy dobbers pishy patter' - well put sir!

Coda

I wouldn’t go out my way to watch it, but the few times I’ve caught it, it’s been okay.

Not to mention, it gave us that Patrick Thistle banger of a tune.

Bluerhap

This is where the class clowns go when they leave school. They are the only ones who think they are funny. I lasted five minutes.

iaatpies

It doesnt work as a TV show. The guys do know their stuff, particularly around the lower leagues. It just doesnt work when they need to make content for TV. It's at its best when it's just some guys talking about Scottish football. Far better as a podcast. It would probably be better if they made it a regular radio show that gave an insight into Scottish football across the 4 main divisions.

Papac

What a fantastic way to look at folk who live their football club as much as you love Rangers.

The arrogance is absolutely sickening.
In fairness at one point last night they were talking about Rangers and Celtic and said something along the lines of who gives a shit? The indifference goes both ways.

change consent