A View from the Terrace

I quite like the idea of it - a bit of cult (not a typo) football banter - and my son loves the related podcast.

But it mostly comes across as a real cringefest - they're all trying a bit too hard, and all laugh a wee bit too hard at all the 'funny' bits. Not really suited to the telly at all.

Podcast is much better. Tele has some good segments but does struggle to carry the hour IMO. Also feel like a live audience would maybe inject a bit of energy into the room, can be a bit dreary with only one of them speaking at any time on the tele.

It's absolute rank. Watched it tonight and it's a hard watch. Really hard watch. 1st and last

Wow, because he thinks it's shite!!
The fact its waranted a series shows they must be doing something right, i doubt they will be worrying about what people on follow follow think, its not a great show but better than listening to fannies like sutton and hartson

I just put it on there and it kept my attention. A nice bit on the Queen's Park fan as much as I'm usually a fan of amalgamating all the diddy teams. I'd rather listen to a bunch of average fans than some of the wankers on Sportscene.

A team who have still have the third most Scottish Cup wins.

They'll be coming up the leagues soon.

The fact its waranted a series shows they must be doing something right, i doubt they will be worrying about what people on follow follow think, its not a great show but better than listening to fannies like sutton and hartson

Couldn't give a fu.ck whether they worry about comments on FF.
What I will say is, pre lockdown in the boozer I drink in, they'd probably last about 2 minutes before being ejected with the pish patter they came out with tonight.

Only my opinion, which I'm entitled to, same as you.

Couldn't give a fu.ck whether they worry about comments on FF.
What I will say is, pre lockdown in the boozer I drink in, they'd probably last about 2 minutes before being ejected with the pish patter they came out with tonight.

Only my opinion, which I'm entitled to, same as you.
Looking forward to the 60 minute show of you and your boozer. Sounds like a ratings winner

I listened to the podcast a while back and enjoyed it, eventually fell away.

The TV programme is absolutely honking, worst thing about it is the camera work though.

I certainly don’t go out of my way to watch it but the couple of times I’ve stumbled across it i thought it was no bad, they done a nice wee bit on Darvel juniors who my mates boy plays with.

Don't mind it tbh.

It is what it is. Obviously more likely to appeal to your lower league fans and it's a bit cringe to watch.

Completely inoffensive in anyway however so it says more about some people on here getting wound up by it, would suggest they aren't easy to live with to say the least...

I usually watch it, I know the production and presentation are ropey but it fits in perfectly with Scottish football.
I no longer buy any newspapers so it gives a light hearted look in to the weird world of the lower leagues of Scottish football which gets very little coverage.

Haven't caught the programme in ages due to the time it's on but the podcast is excellent imo & I've followed for the last 5 years or so.

Informed insight into games rather than the cr*p served up from Sportscene and the like

I was persuaded a year or so ago to listen to the Terrace podcast..

I am a football fan so I like hearing about other teams and how their fans really think of their players.

However I found their references to us rather tedious and ill informed. Contributors were very Edinburgh centred and as such lacked the humour to raise a laugh from me.

I love it but I've been watching it from the start. Much prefer watching that to Open Goal but I can't really be arsed with the Scotland heavy episodes.

The video segments throughout the show are some of the best documented insights into the working class and rural people of Scotland that I've ever seen.

I can see why people hate it though, especially the super cool hard c*nts with amazing patter from the pub.

An hours too long, at least one presenter too many and none of them look as if they’ve ever kicked a ball in their life.

Watched it a few times. Really wanted to like it, but it is horrific. So bad in fact that it makes me yearn for the return Sarah O'Flaherty and Scotsport, which was also honking.

maxresdefault.jpg

Back