A View from the Terrace

Apologies if someone's already posted but...

How fu.ckin shite is it??

All about opinions but I just can't find anything funny about it at all.

If I was to get my mates together and sit them in a studio and talk about Scottish fitba while also putting the world to rights it would be more entertaining and funny than that shower of deadbeats.
((Admittedly copious amounts of vodka, whisky, gin, Morgans, bud and lager would require to be involved but that would probably only make it more - unintentionally - hilarious for the watching public as the show wore on.))

Watched some of it last season as they did a segment on Talbot

Wouldn't watch again

Tuned in once, but the accents put me off. However reading some of the responses here I may give it another go as be interested in what's happening in Scottish football in general.

I also vote that @The Spaniard goes on it.

Think its ok. Watchable.

Being over 50 , I can’t relate too much to the presenters , but they are generally ok.

I know fans of clubs outside Rangers and they all enjoy it.

Some interesting articles on clubs outside the big two that we don’t see anywhere else.

My only criticism is that it’s too long at an hour. 45 minutes would be fine.

Not sure what folk on here are wetting their knickers about as I’ve never noticed any overt anti-Rangers agenda.

Hadn't heard of it till it came on after still game last night. Decided to give it a chance but turned it off after 5 minutes. The way they talk to each other is just too put on. Found it quite embarrassing actually.

I like it and especially how they focus equally on all football leagues in Scotland and not just the Premier.

Having spent plenty time in the company Of Shaughan he's hardly a Rangers hater, he doesn't care for us or them, he's a Raith Rovers and Scotland fan so other than the odd occasion the old firm have never been on his radar for long. On the latest podcast he's very complimentary of Ryan Jack while digging out Christie and McGregor.

The show itself is deliberately not old firm centric since that's all BT and Sky do. If you have no interest in that fair enough, but for folk like myself it's refreshing to see TV time given to the likes of Queens Park, Darvel, Auchinleck Talbot, women's football and get an insight into some proper Scottish football legends like Dick Campbell. Some of the sections on the likes of programme sellers and Lana Clelland have been wonderful.

Having spent plenty time in the company Of Shaughan he's hardly a Rangers hater, he doesn't care for us or them, he's a Raith Rovers and Scotland fan so other than the odd occasion the old firm have never been on his radar for long. On the latest podcast he's very complimentary of Ryan Jack while digging out Christie and McGregor.

The show itself is deliberately not old firm centric since that's all BT and Sky do. If you have no interest in that fair enough, but for folk like myself it's refreshing to see TV time given to the likes of Queens Park, Darvel, Auchinleck Talbot, women's football and get an insight into some proper Scottish football legends like Dick Campbell. Some of the sections on the likes of programme sellers and Lana Clelland have been wonderful.

but for folk like myself
What do you mean when you say; 'But for folk like myself?

This is primarily a website for Rangers fans, so if you are not a Rangers fan, why are you here?

I agree.

Similar reasons for liking the podcast in respect of it not being purely old firm focused. It means it doesn't fall into the boring trap of people trying to be controversial just to provoke a reaction from fan bases. In any case generally the views and insights are very fair when talking about us/them

Tuned in once, but the accents put me off. However reading some of the responses here I may give it another go as be interested in what's happening in Scottish football in general.

I also vote that @The Spaniard goes on it.
I'm more Ned than hipster so they'd probably hate me.

I enjoy the impartial appraisals of us though and although they're all pretty left wing, they certainly don't hate Rangers. They've been raving about us recently.

They're maybe not your typical 'boys off the bus' but they're like the geeks in your class that were actually pretty sound.

but for folk like myself
What do you mean when you say; 'But for folk like myself?

This is primarily a website for Rangers fans, so if you are not a Rangers fan, why are you here?
You used the phrase 'primarily for Rangers fans' then asked why he's here? There's fans of several different clubs on here and they're all pretty sound.

I also enjoy it. Like others have said, some of the features they do on random lower league teams or players are brilliant.

It is a bit hipster but it's a show that doesn't take itself too seriously. If you're interested in the game of football that exists outside of Rangers then you'll probably enjoy it.

If you like craft beer and have ever shopped in Urban Outfitters, it’s more for you.

If you enjoy a pint of Tennents and have ever worn Stone Island, then Open Goal is more for you.

Personally like both shows (even if I fit into the first category more). The podcast is excellent and Craig Fowler comes across as a very sound guy. It’s more of a university going Edinburgh perspective (think most of the contributors are Hibs/Hearts fans), but there’s no bias towards us or them. Adam from H&H has made a few appearances on it recently too and they seem to value his insight into Rangers.

If you like craft beer and have ever shopped in Urban Outfitters, it’s more for you.

If you enjoy a pint of Tennents and have ever worn Stone Island, then Open Goal is more for you.

Personally like both shows (even if I fit into the first category more). The podcast is excellent and Craig Fowler comes across as a very sound guy. It’s more of a university going Edinburgh perspective (think most of the contributors are Hibs/Hearts fans), but there’s no bias towards us or them. Adam from H&H has made a few appearances on it recently too and they seem to value his insight into Rangers.
The world is full of complexities but I prefer Tennent's and can't stand the morons on Open Goal.

Been watching since it started. Prefer their podcast but it’s by a distance the best Scottish football show on the television(not that there’s much competition).

The TV series maybe suffers a little from the need to continually produce diverse content while the podcast has the luxury of being able to fall back on reviewing/previewing the weekend action in more depth but as other posters have said, some of he segments on clubs lower down the ladder are absolutely brilliant.

Telfer wore a blue Stone Island jumper on the show a few weeks ago :)

From what i've gathered from the show, I think two of them are from Edinburgh, one from Fife and one from Stenhousemuir/Larbert.

I'd be happy to have a pint with them, whether it's a craft beer or a solid Tennent's!

Don't mind the show anytime i've watched it - this thread has actually just made my sky+ it.

Seen bits and pieces in the past few weeks

Watching tonights - BLM segment and the lassies bring up George Floyd ?

Watched it a couple of times previously and couldn’t bare it but tried to give it one last chance tonight but it’s shite.

One of them tonight going on about Celtic having the better squad but Rangers being a better team just confirms to me I don’t need to be watching this crap.

I could maybe get by the fact I disagree with a lot of what’s said if the humour was actually half decent but it’s not. I won’t be bothering again

What a dreadful abomination, caught a few minutes of it when I turned the tele over during adverts, 3 fandans giggling like schoolgirls at some balding dobbers pishy patter whilst watching phone footage of 2 jobber teams playing. I always thought it sounded terrible but it was worse than I imagined. It’s a no from me.

What a dreadful abomination, caught a few minutes of it when I turned the tele over during adverts, 3 fandans giggling like schoolgirls at some balding dobbers pishy patter whilst watching phone footage of 2 jobber teams playing. I always thought it sounded terrible but it was worse than I imagined. It’s a no from me.

I can watch the show, without finding it particularly funny - but you have pretty much nailed it with that description.

'3 fandans giggling like schoolgirls at some baldy dobbers pishy patter' - well put sir!

Back