A View from the Terrace

Had the sheer misfortune to catch some of this last night heard some wee gimp go on about how the scum have by far and away the best squad in Scotland, once I stopped laughing I turned over.

I wouldn’t go out my way to watch it, but the few times I’ve caught it, it’s been okay.

Not to mention, it gave us that Patrick Thistle banger of a tune.

This is where the class clowns go when they leave school. They are the only ones who think they are funny. I lasted five minutes.

It doesnt work as a TV show. The guys do know their stuff, particularly around the lower leagues. It just doesnt work when they need to make content for TV. It's at its best when it's just some guys talking about Scottish football. Far better as a podcast. It would probably be better if they made it a regular radio show that gave an insight into Scottish football across the 4 main divisions.

What a fantastic way to look at folk who live their football club as much as you love Rangers.

The arrogance is absolutely sickening.
In fairness at one point last night they were talking about Rangers and Celtic and said something along the lines of who gives a shit? The indifference goes both ways.

It doesnt work as a TV show. The guys do know their stuff, particularly around the lower leagues. It just doesnt work when they need to make content for TV. It's at its best when it's just some guys talking about Scottish football. Far better as a podcast. It would probably be better if they made it a regular radio show that gave an insight into Scottish football across the 4 main divisions.

I religiously listen to the podcast & have done for 5 years or so but barely catch the tv show which speaks volumes. There isn't a better podcast covering Scottish football which gives genuine insight & good analytics.

Part of the problem with the TV show is it feels too forced at times

Came across this when flicking through the channels. Struck me that they had just shoved a camera in a room of giggling fools to see what would happen.

It’s a brilliant podcast in fairness with a lot more contributors than just those on the show.

Chris Iwelumo has been on it a lot recently and is interesting to listen to from an ex pros perspective. Adam from H&H has featured a fair bit to talk about Rangers and you can tell they appreciate his input.

Tbh I went in with the mentality at first of thinking they would hate us, but they are usually pretty fair about our club. If anything, Celtic and their fans have been getting it tighter, especially from the Hearts lads.

As I said I'd only seen bits of the show before and always thought it was meant be a comedy show rather than bringing up more serious issues.

I could have worded by post better

No problem.

They do weekly features on teams/people involved in the game but at lower levels who probably don’t get much publicity. It’s probably the best part of the show to be honset.

This weeks was about a young girl who plays for Motherwell who was born in Scotland, has a Scottish mother but her dad was born in Ghana. She was talking about some of the racist abuse and stereotypes she receives when playing in Scotland. I think it was an interesting story.

I usually fast forward through a lot of the show but like watching that section. They had a good one with Dick Campbell a few weeks ago and also one featuring Darvel Juniors I liked.

I've gave it about 4 goes, lasted 5 mins max each time, they certainly seem to enjoy each others company but it's not for me.

Think they are funny and they are not. Think they know about football and they don't. Think they can present and the can't. Cannot say anything else...

JkIAdhH.gif

Dunoo about View from the Terrace, but I'm sure that wee Anne Lundon was trying her best not laugh when reporting on Celtic just there on Reporting scotland tonight. From Stornaway, hope she's one of us.
They've laughed at Celtic 3 or 4 times so far. To be fair, it's hard not to.

I've watched it most weeks and found it quite informative about the lower tiers of Scottish football; but tonight's show was rotten.
Hard to believe in a week where there was so much happening in the game up here they had a resort to material about pass the parcel.

I've watched it most weeks and found it quite informative about the lower tiers of Scottish football; but tonight's show was rotten.
Hard to believe in a week where there was so much happening in the game up here they had a resort to material about pass the parcel.
I watched it for the first time tonight and thought it was awful. Based on your post I’ll maybe give it another go as it’s possibly just a bad week. Also on my tv it looked like the lips were moving out of sync with the speech coming across, not sure if that’s just me or if it’s normally like that.

Regarding the view from the terrace literally I see Trafford Council has just OK'd a trial safe standing section at OT. Time for Ibrox to follow suit I'm thinking.

Ach I don’t mind it it can have some good features on lower league clubs.

Can see how it doesn’t fit the rangers da demographic so not surprising it isn’t massively popular on here.

I watched still game last night and this was on after it and couldn’t be bothered getting up to get the remote.
Jesus what a like a sh1te this was.

Horrific!

Back