A way for the club to thank ST holders

Winning the league would be more than enough of a thankyou. I don't want the club to be out of pocket and i don't expect a thankyou but improving the catering would go some way.

Not downplaying it, because they have clearly done well, but should you not argue that that it is their actual job rather than them doing us a favour?

He didn't post that the board had done us a favour though - he posted that the board have done their part. They put a management team and squad worth backing in place; we've backed them.

Delivering a manager who can win 55 and stop the dregs from winning 9IAR will be repayment in the eyes of most fans who renewed season tickets, traveled the length of the country - and into Berwick - during the banter years.

Because we cannot do something along these lines that everyone can benefit from and the alternative, nobody benefiting, is not a 'better' option.

We absolutely do have a large number of supporters who travel game by game, scrap for tickets and generally have as much or more commitment. However, the people who fork out their season ticket cash before a ball is kicked outnumber them every week by 80% or so.

As said, it is not an idea to do down what other supporters do, at all, merely show gratitude to those that pay up front.
All your idea is doing is putting ST holders on a higher level than non-ST holders, imo. You've already said that travelling supporters have as much commitment as ST holders but yet you're differentiating between fans here, which is wrong in so many levels, so without getting into an argument about this i'll leave it at that.

Had my ST for over 40 yrs. I don't need no stinking badges.
The Rangers doing the business on the park will do for me.
No SURRENDER Rangers.

People elected onto the board of the club are not there to work on behalf of the club? Interesting theory
I said it is not their job, do not be pedantic. Do you have a job, and do you get paid for it? They have fronted millions to get us where they are and work tirelessly - for zero remuneration - to improve it further.

For what it is worth, I see now why you want to thank ST holders.

I’ve had a season ticket for 30 years but broken service due to boycotting the first year in Championship, would I be rewarded?

A polyester club tie or a very small metal pin badge seems about right, wouldn’t you agree?

In all seriousness, not taking the piss too much on euro ticket prices in future would seem like a bonus. September was a bugger.

With regards to the OP i get where he's coming from but it's not for me, it's our duty to support the club - It really is that simple.

My only expectation is that the club and it's staff do us proud.

Last edited:
I know that beyond ST holders there are thousands who pay what they can afford, get to games they can make and who travel for thousands of miles every season. There are thousands who cannot make games for whatever reason and there are those that live on other continents. This is not an idea that plays down their commitment in any way.

We have record numbers of season ticket holders and they pay a fortune to attend with all of the added extras, buses and hotels. The atmosphere has been much better and we have fewer match tickets to sell weekly, meaning a full house every week without fail. On top of that, the support have been generally unreal since 2012, following in greater numbers than ever before all the way through the leagues.

I think the club should arrange a friendly after the SC final, against a good opponent and to have it free for all ST holders as a thank you. The remaining seats could be sold at a reasonable price to help cover costs.

I know at this time we are still trying to get ourselves up and running financially but the support have more than played their part in that, and continue to do so both at home and away and the financial cost to the club would be tiny compared to the money the fans pump in.

We spend a lot of time (rightly) thanking the board and I just think it would be a decent gesture for the board to thank the support. A wee festival game, for the support, against a decent opponent (Hamburg would be a shout) to let everyone have a right good day at the end of the season.
I don’t need thanked to be a Rangers fan other than the players giving 100% and winning a trophy or 3 would be more than enough, these friendly games end up getting tired players injured as they shut down at the final competitive match

No sensible Rangers fan would think the board have not done their best
And nobody has said they have not.

A poster said that ‘the board have put together a good management team and backed them’ and I said ‘should you not argue that that is their job?’

Another poster jumped in and said, to directly quote ‘it is not their job though’.

It very clearly is their job and they very clearly have done it well.

How the feck is that controversial? :D

And nobody has said they have not.

A poster said that ‘the board have put together a good management team and backed them’ and I said ‘should you not argue that that is their job?’

Another poster jumped in and said, to directly quote ‘it is not their job though’.

It very clearly is their job and they very clearly have done it well.

How the feck is that controversial? :D
It very clearly is not their job. The Parks, for example, are a couple of guys who's job and livelihood is running a business turning over hundreds of millions of pounds each year. They appear to be very successful at that, which is good. Because what does that enable them to do?

They do not get one penny from Rangers FC for the huge amount of time, money and expertise they devote to their passion - the same passion as the rest of us. Rangers Football Club.

You ignored it last time so I will ask again. Do you have a job and do you get paid for it?

All your idea is doing is putting ST holders on a higher level than non-ST holders, imo. You've already said that travelling supporters have as much commitment as ST holders but yet you're differentiating between fans here, which is wrong in so many levels, so without getting into an argument about this i'll leave it at that.
Season ticket holders keep the club going, end of.

It very clearly is not their job. The Parks, for example, are a couple of guys who's job and livelihood is running a business turning over hundreds of millions of pounds each year. They appear to be very successful at that, which is good. Because what does that enable them to do?

They do not get one penny from Rangers FC for the huge amount of time, money and expertise they devote to their passion - the same passion as the rest of us. Rangers Football Club.

You ignored it last time so I will ask again. Do you have a job and do you get paid for it?

Sorry mate, but you are absolutely miles off. Being a director is not simply a titular role and it comes with certain jobs. The absolute chief job is acting in the best interests of the company. Foregoing a wage does not, in any single way, remove the LEGAL burden on a director. It 100% is their job and that is not close to being a debatable point.

Whether I am paid or not is 100% irrelevant. I am, however, a director of 2 LTD companies (sole director). Do you think I can just ignore my legal responsibilities as a director to, for arguments sake, HMRC, because I do not take a dividend or payment from either anymore? Stupid question, clearly.

Just to add a little something extra. They will, all being well, do pretty well out of Rangers over the fullness of time, or at least I very sincerely hope so.

Season ticket holders put money in up-front.

All supporters buying anything, be that Season books, match tickets, merchandise, programs, hospitality etc from the club,keep the Club going.

A supporter (say a student) who can't afford to pay out a lump sum but goes to every home game puts more money into the Club than if buying a season book.

I've mentioned this in a few different threads of late. Biggest thing that they could do off the pitch that would please me as a ST holder is announce concrete plans for the museum the club deserves. It would be something for all of us, not just ST holders. We are unbelievably remiss on this particular issue. I don't expect them to say - we're building this over the next year and spunking £5M on it. But giving us a solid plan for one over the next say 5 years would be a major step forward.

A club our size should not have memorabilia and trophies in storage space.

I've wanted a museum for years, and I really hope that one has been seriously considered as part of the 150 year anniversary plans.

Every Rangers fan who buys ST, Match Ticket or anything else Rangers related keeps the club going, Those who buy kits for their kids, those who buy match programmes keep the club going as much as anyone. Now that's end of.

Every Rangers fan who buys ST, Match Ticket or anything else Rangers related keeps the club going, Those who buy kits for their kids, those who buy match programmes keep the club going as much as anyone. Now that's end of.
100%, any one who contributes to Home games in any guise is vital to the club and obviously the ones who contribute in other ways

Sorry mate, but you are absolutely miles off. Being a director is not simply a titular role and it comes with certain jobs. The absolute chief job is acting in the best interests of the company. Foregoing a wage does not, in any single way, remove the LEGAL burden on a director. It 100% is their job and that is not close to being a debatable point.

Whether I am paid or not is 100% irrelevant. I am, however, a director of 2 LTD companies (sole director). Do you think I can just ignore my legal responsibilities as a director to, for arguments sake, HMRC, because I do not take a dividend or payment from either anymore? Stupid question, clearly.
Bully for you, but only 2 LTD companies? Are you sure you are not above that now? And no one is asking anyone to ignore legal responsibilities.

If you are a director of 2 super duper companies you will know all about the jobs done in the companies and the directors responsibilities and acting in the best interests of said companies.

Next you will be telling me that guys who are directors of 10 companies do a 37.5 hour week at them all. So how do they manage all that jobs in a 168 hour week? You are right, not a debatable point.

Miles off is proposing a meaningless friendly that is not needed, for folk who do not want it and to incur costs that we are trying to save. Not in the best interests of the company.

Just to add a little something extra. They will, all being well, do pretty well out of Rangers over the fullness of time, or at least I very sincerely hope so.
How so? Given what they have given in so many forms, not just millions in interest free loans. Forget about working contributions, expertise and services provided for free.

Sorry but I completely disagree, there is no different to a support who for whatever reason does not have a season ticket than ones that does.
I'm sure there are many supporters out there, myself included that can't have a season ticket but puts into the club every year (in the years it made sense) much more money than a season ticket costs.

You can't split the support, we have a magnificent support collectively.

Sorry but I completely disagree, there is no different to a support who for whatever reason does not have a season ticket than ones that does.
I'm sure there are many supporters out there, myself included that can't have a season ticket but puts into the club every year (in the years it made sense) much more money than a season ticket costs.

You can't split the support, we have a magnificent support collectively.
A point that's being lost a bit on this thread!

Surely we are not going to do anything for the Subway Loyal ?

Only joking ...

Seriously, I'm not doing Rangers a favour by following them (with a season ticket). In the current climate if I let it go I might not get it back.

I buy a season ticket because Rangers is a part of me and (I like to think) I am part of Rangers.

I think I understand the OPs sentiment and I'd love to see some sort of lasting acknowledgement that we ALL played our part in bringing the club back from the brink. For me that would be a statue, perhaps at the Broomloan end, to mirror the John Greig statue. Perhaps a statue of Sandy Jardine with a plaque to acknowledge the contribution the support made. Whats more I'd be in the queue to help fund it.

Now I'm on a roll, I'd also like to see a Rangers Hall of Fame for those who have made an outstanding contribution to the club off the field, they are after all still Rangers in my eyes.

I'm thinking of as broad a church as Walter Smith and Jock Wallace to the fella TC from RSEA who I don't know but he is legend and a credit to the club and obviously himself.

Just make sure we win the League, maybe a bold signing in Jan.
Would be tears in the eyes that day..

I personally think loyalty should be rewarded.

A season ticket holder with say 10 years continuous renewal should get a visit with family to HTC.

Longer renewals could get ST upgraded for a match to hospitality etc

I would have said that a winning team would be reward enough for me but I quite like your suggestions.:)

W.A.T.P.

Bully for you, but only 2 LTD companies? Are you sure you are not above that now? And no one is asking anyone to ignore legal responsibilities.

If you are a director of 2 super duper companies you will know all about the jobs done in the companies and the directors responsibilities and acting in the best interests of said companies.

Next you will be telling me that guys who are directors of 10 companies do a 37.5 hour week at them all. So how do they manage all that jobs in a 168 hour week? You are right, not a debatable point.

Miles off is proposing a meaningless friendly that is not needed, for folk who do not want it and to incur costs that we are trying to save. Not in the best interests of the company.

Seriously, you really need to take a wee step back and read what is written rather than what you want to be written.

IO set up 2 LTD companies for a grand total of £150, one for my building work and the other as a holding company for a renovation purchase. Nothing super duper, nothing millions of other have not done. The point was, even though both are no longer trading, they still exist and even though I am not taking a wage or dividend I am still legally bound because I am a director. Very simple, nothing sinister, just a real life example of how people can have a 'job' without getting paid.....

You think that it is NOT the directors job to give us a good manager and back him. I really should have just ignored you after that because it shows such a dearth of intelligent thinking that the only possible outcome of engaging with you is a sore head.

How so? Given what they have given in so many forms, not just millions in interest free loans. Forget about working contributions, expertise and services provided for free.

You really do not like engaging your brain.

If Rangers do well financially, the directors, especially the ones exchanging loans for equity, will see their shares worth more than the 20p or so they paid for them. Therefore, I hope they do well from the work they are doing because it means, pretty fucking obviously, that Rangers have become a far more valuable club, and that will only happen through success.

Hardly a difficult concept but I really, really should not be surprised that it is seemingly beyond me. Do us both a favour and bolt.

You really do not like engaging your brain.

If Rangers do well financially, the directors, especially the ones exchanging loans for equity, will see their shares worth more than the 20p or so they paid for them. Therefore, I hope they do well from the work they are doing because it means, pretty fucking obviously, that Rangers have become a far more valuable club, and that will only happen through success.

Hardly a difficult concept but I really, really should not be surprised that it is seemingly beyond me. Do us both a favour and bolt.
If Rangers do well financially you say. Ok, I will put it to you now that the share price in Rangers will cost T3Bs etc an absolute fortune in the long run. Less the tax relief if they ever bail of course.

Rangers will become a more valuable club for sure, but the shareholding will not provide value for money. The 20p shares you talk about are all well and good, but the issued shares nearly doubled at the last placement. And there will be many more issues / placements. To get the club to where it needs to be it will take much more of the same. The concept is hardly difficult, I agree. Have you had any significant share issues in your 2 blue chip operations?

Rangers are not a 2 for £150 company and do not operate like one. But just you continue on the high ground and pray for your freebie friendly. Personally I cannot see why the directors would throw away money like that. So I hope it does not happen. And not just because it would be free on my ST anyway.

Back