A wee quote regarding Scottish Refs by Stewart Robertson

I think Gerrard needs to be clever in his pre match press briefings from now on.
A comment such as "We need to be more clinical in front of goal and take our chances, we need to make sure we are a couple of goals at least ahead as we can't continue to run the risk of refereeing errors costing us points every week"
Something like that would let them know that we know what they're doing.

Playing the game by their rules has got us here. Has David Graham joined a nunnery, taken a vow of silence? Surely he has the nous to combat any negative spin?
Playing the game by their rules has got us here. Has David Graham joined a nunnery, taken a vow of silence? Surely he has the nous to combat any negative spin?
Probably been told to keep quiet after his Unionist and Orange background were highlighted in the media a few months ago.

It's soul destroying as a fan knowing we are being hamstrung more often than not by dodgy ,incompetent and clearly corrupt officials, if no one at the club can see what we do for what it is that is worrying. The board under King fought tooth and nail for us against many enemies these bastards should have been amongst the first.

You're easily upset, we used to laugh at the molester enablers for their rampant paranoia, looks like a fair few on here are the same.

The linesman made a mistake yesterday but so did Taverneir & Goldson in the lead up to that goal. Arfield & Kent missed great chances to put the game beyond hibs.

First & foremost we need to look at our own failings before trying to blame someone else for our own inadequacies.
You sound like the type of snivelling, spineless character that would get a job on our board.
A wee yes man that would put up with anything.
If you can't see it's more than paranoia now you are either one of them or you are blind.
Also 'molester enablers' is dreadful patter.

When Stevie called out Clancy at Pitawdry in August 2018 the Club should’ve backed him to the hilt publicly. What did our Board do? Sat back and did f**k all and allowed the boy to be hung out to dry by the mhedia accusing him of being badly advised and naïvely ‘green’.

Stewart Robertson must be good at something but it sure isn’t public leadership.

He's good at picking up £311,000 a year.

Wrong end of the stick, completely.

If we come out and say 'the refs are pure shit, we need VAR' we look like sore losers.

Whereas by saying 'the refs asupport to make the best decision' we look like we're trying to improve the game.
That's going well. :rolleyes:

Feel we are being outsmarted by those at Hampden. They can point out that they are appointing the FIFA listed officials to most of our games, so we are getting their top officials. However, Collum, Clancy, Walsh and Robertson all have something in common other than their names being on the FIFA list. The other two, Madden and Beaton have a tendency to err on the side of caution when they are involved with Celtic.

He's good at picking up £311,000 a year.

But we dont know what he does behind the scenes. And we dont know what David Graham does either behind the scenes.

Have we seen an upgrade on Traynor? Yes he is one of us and of good stock but where has our media and PR improved? Go Radio? where I think we are being beaten on that field more than ever.

Feel we are being outsmarted by those at Hampden. They can point out that they are appointing the FIFA listed officials to most of our games, so we are getting their top officials. However, Collum, Clancy, Walsh and Robertson all have something in common other than their names being on the FIFA list. The other two, Madden and Beaton have a tendency to err on the side of caution when they are involved with Celtic.

Spot on look who was taken off the list. Its a Jesuit clan.

More than a few, thousands these days.

Hope i wont upset by asking but is this ontheline(that is no supposed to be a dig) i wanted to know who is calling the shots in the background at the sfa and training the guys to corrupt.

Definitely not OTL but i did like his posts tbh, he was hounded on here because of his opinions that some couldn't handle, mostly the conspiracy theorists.

If that's the case, and I doubt it as it was no secret before he joined, he can't do his job and should be replaced. I'd also like him to come out and be honest about why he's turned into a timorous beastie.
We seem to be paying him for not doing what we all thought he was brought in to do.

Yet another who doesn’t know the meaning of the word paranoid.
You can’t be paranoid about things that actually happen, no one made up yesterday’s offside call in the heads, it happened.
Yes of course we look at our own failings but that most certainly doesn’t mean we can’t also look at the failings of these officials who simply aren’t doing their job and are part of the reason we’re dropping points.

The flag didn't go up, that was the error & they equalise although we had 2 chances to deal with it & failed to do so, that's what triggered the paranoia.

Poor refereeing seems to be a comfort blanket for some after a poor result.

mistake, aye I suppose your one of the fans that watched our victory against celtic and said hey, we wont complain we won. Mistakes happen.

The exact type of fan the haters love.

Radio clyde awaits you sir.

Hey caller whats your point.

"I am a Rangers fan and mistakes happen, there is nothing to see here. Our fans are paranoid bla bla "

Lolz...nice rant :))

OP is 100% correct , it’s time SR grows a set and calls them out, forget about building bridges it does not get us anywhere , they called the refs/ SFA out a few years back and it may have caused a strike, but it’s the best thing they have ever done , they have not looked back since, they will continue to profit until we do something about it, for £300k a year SR is picking up I don’t think we are getting our moneys worth

OP is 100% correct , it’s time SR grows a set and calls them out, forget about building bridges it does not get us anywhere , they called the refs/ SFA out a few years back and it may have caused a strike, but it’s the best thing they have ever done , they have not looked back since, they will continue to profit until we do something about it, for £300k a year SR is picking up I don’t think we are getting our moneys worth

Start today: Mr Robertson and Mr Graham need to get a strategy in place. VAR is not coming soon. So highlight the errors. Show clips of double standards. (There is an abundance of them). With hashtag #SFAneedVAR

raise awareness if nothing else.

Too many of our fans watch the BBC and take it as gospel. Its propaganda.

Keeping drumming the drum. Load the gun FFS

Wrong end of the stick, completely.

If we come out and say 'the refs are pure shit, we need VAR' we look like sore losers.

Whereas by saying 'the refs need support to make the best decision' we look like we're trying to improve the game.
Perhaps but we need to be pushing publicly for VAR and criticising decisions, if not officials.

I'm not really a fan of VAR and the ugly delays it introduces. I also suspect the VAR "ref" would likely be trained by the likes of Clancy and Thomson. However - I think Rangers would ultimately do better with VAR than without. The most blatantly wrong calls couldn't be skimmed over and allowed when there is really clear video evidence (3 offside in LC Final? Handball goal?). I think it would be worth quite a few points to us over a season, and would force the cynical hackers into at least a modicum of discretion.
Assuming VAR works the same as down south- the video and graphics would be shown on screen for all to see. use the offside Hibs player yesterday as an example . Everyone would see it- they would even put nice wee lines on screen to highlight that he was offside. A tim VAR ref cannot then go on and give the goal anyway. are you suggesting different?

Assuming VAR works the same as down south- the video and graphics would be shown on screen for all to see. use the offside Hibs player yesterday as an example . Everyone would see it- they would even put nice wee lines on screen to highlight that he was offside. A tim VAR ref cannot then go on and give the goal anyway. are you suggesting different?

This.

Any argument of VAR corruption falls over.

If we had VAR in the SCLF last year, it would have been broadcast UK wide, to, what, half a million? There's no hiding.

You sound like the type of snivelling, spineless character that would get a job on our board.
A wee yes man that would put up with anything.
If you can't see it's more than paranoia now you are either one of them or you are blind.
Also 'molester enablers' is dreadful patter.

I'll call the paedos whatever i feel is appropriate at the time, i won't be asking for your advice :eek:

As for the rest of your nonsensical childlike rubbish it seems people like to post the kind of crap above when they have nothing of any value to rebut someone else's point of view:)

Keep the pressure up Rangers. A graphic like this would suffice on twitter.

Onside! really?

119919617_700457524160001_9140473608189402536_n.jpg

Poor performances on the park will cost us 18 points this season ,poor refereeing performances will cost us 24 points this season and next and the one after that , until we do something’s about it

We know we are being reffed differently to every other club in the SPFL. The club and Manager will be hammered by the same SPFL crooks if we speak out. My own opinion is that our Manager and players should refuse to acknowledge or shake hands with officials, both before or after games, win, lose or draw.

Questions will soon be asked by the media and elsewhere why refs are officially being snubbed. It may be seen as a childish gesture, but I don't know what protest gesture we can make without being fined by the SPFL.

I'll call the paedos whatever i feel is appropriate at the time, i won't be asking for your advice :eek:

As for the rest of your nonsensical childlike rubbish it seems people like to post the kind of crap above when they have nothing of any value to rebut someone else's point of view:)
You're at it...

The last time we criticised a ref we got a 6k fine. I imagine the club are as frustrated as everyone else but I don’t really know what they can actually do.
Scottish football is run by corrupt bastards for the benefit of one club.

Poor performances on the park will cost us 18 points this season ,poor refereeing performances will cost us 24 points this season and next and the one after that , until we do something’s about it

You just know that if this was Celtic the correct call is made. After all his job is to look along the fckin line. How hard can it be?

119919617_700457524160001_9140473608189402536_n.jpg

But then again, you just know either linesman yesterday, Frank Connor or McGeachie plays it on. Its blatant. And then the st ninnians man closes his eyes when a clear leverage foul is committed on Helander.

But it was our mistake we get some crying, f off and do 1.

The last time we criticised a ref we got a 6k fine. I imagine the club are as frustrated as everyone else but I don’t really know what they can actually do.
Scottish football is run by corrupt bastards for the benefit of one club.

a 6K fine, wow. Better not eh?

And you don’t think they would increase that every time we complained? Or come up with other punishments for us.

So what get maybe a 8k fine that celtic got for a player flying out the countrty, breaking covid rules, playing in a game illegally (not sfa scootish law).
Yes bring it on and cause a debate

Threatened legal action, didn't take any after all the big talk. The club shat it or were bluffing all along. He's the most senior club employee. No doubt he's a nodding dog for the people putting the money in but nobody with any self respect would have went along with the public haud me back routine then did nothing.

He is MD. He’s there to implement the decisions and strategy of the Board of Directors. You can criticise the board on this one but not just SR (unless as part of the collective decision). He does not decide when and what to go to court on. That is a board decision made with input from lawyers and others. I dont think he’s a patch on lawell unfortunately and he seems vastly overpayed for what he seems to do but taking legal action isn’t his decision whether he said he would or not.

Screwing up the memorial garden or having sh*t catering, failing to get the fan zone are all things he is more accountable for as these are what he is asked to implement. His role on the SPFL board has been virtually impossible because we are hated by just about every other club. That’s why we need a far bigger hitter than him to break down those barriers.

As for statements I am sick of statements. The only statement that means anything is putting trophies back in the cabinet and like it or not if we can’t defend and can’t put the ball in the net we’re not going to do that. The refs are cheating basta*ds but statements unfortunately aren’t going to change that.

a 6K fine, wow. Better not eh?
6k spent will be well worth it and a 12k following and the 18k following that, surely that’s got to better than 10 in a row 11 in a row 12 in a row , if the refs are costing us 24 points a season no matter how well we play it’s impossible to catch up with this disadvantage

Last year we released this official quote by Stewart Robertson.

“We are fully supportive of Scottish referees. We don’t believe there is any need to bring foreign referees into the system. Indeed, we are strongly against the idea. If we don’t support our refs now, it’s going to impact on retention and recruitment of refs. What would foreign referees cost? And what would it say to our younger referees that clubs were willing to go down this line?

“We also want VAR brought in as soon as possible. We appreciate there is an implementation time for VAR but let’s start that process now and support our referees. We are fully supportive of a review of the system to give refs the support and the tools they need to do the best job possible.”

That was 2019, That told them eh Stewart? I see what you did there. Back them not sack them. Status Quo must continue on your watch.

Weak weak man.
VAR is essential now!

You're easily upset, we used to laugh at the molester enablers for their rampant paranoia, looks like a fair few on here are the same.

The linesman made a mistake yesterday but so did Taverneir & Goldson in the lead up to that goal. Arfield & Kent missed great chances to put the game beyond hibs.

First & foremost we need to look at our own failings before trying to blame someone else for our own inadequacies.
There is no denieing your last paragraph but we don't help ourselves, but the system is stacked against us,

Back