A wee quote regarding Scottish Refs by Stewart Robertson

Assuming VAR works the same as down south- the video and graphics would be shown on screen for all to see. use the offside Hibs player yesterday as an example . Everyone would see it- they would even put nice wee lines on screen to highlight that he was offside. A tim VAR ref cannot then go on and give the goal anyway. are you suggesting different?

No - this is exactly what I'm saying, MM. What I've seen of VAR in the A League is that offsides in particular are always given due to the technology you described. I still think any 50:50 calls - where the video is not conclusive - would largely go against us. The key point is that the blatant wrong decisions would have to be overturned, and that would be a big improvement from our perspective.

Until we fix the bigger issue of the political power that lot have in the media and governing bodies nothing will change. Until we stop their campaign of terror against them when a decision goes against them we will fix nothing. It isn’t worth a refs hassle to be hounded for giving something against them or for us . Until we call it out nothing will change . Do those 3 and maybe they will but sadly it’s a long game for most of them

He is MD. He’s there to implement the decisions and strategy of the Board of Directors. You can criticise the board on this one but not just SR (unless as part of the collective decision). He does not decide when and what to go to court on. That is a board decision made with input from lawyers and others. I dont think he’s a patch on lawell unfortunately and he seems vastly overpayed for what he seems to do but taking legal action isn’t his decision whether he said he would or not.

Screwing up the memorial garden or having sh*t catering, failing to get the fan zone are all things he is more accountable for as these are what he is asked to implement. His role on the SPFL board has been virtually impossible because we are hated by just about every other club. That’s why we need a far bigger hitter than him to break down those barriers.

As for statements I am sick of statements. The only statement that means anything is putting trophies back in the cabinet and like it or not if we can’t defend and can’t put the ball in the net we’re not going to do that. The refs are cheating basta*ds but statements unfortunately aren’t going to change that.
The difference is lawell runs the club from top to bottom. He doesn’t need the boards authority to do anything . They trust him to make decisions . Desmond only steps in when he absolutely has to . I get the feeling Robertson has to run a lot of stuff past the board. I feel we as a club could do with a proper CEO that the board trust and then other than a monthly board meeting and the agm the board don’t really run the club

Definitely not OTL but i did like his posts tbh, he was hounded on here because of his opinions that some couldn't handle, mostly the conspiracy theorists.
Conspiracy theorists, see there you go again.
What conspiracy theory is it your talking about.

The flag didn't go up, that was the error & they equalise although we had 2 chances to deal with it & failed to do so, that's what triggered the paranoia.

Poor refereeing seems to be a comfort blanket for some after a poor result.
No the linesman was in a perfect position to see the offside, so let’s shut down the error, mistake piss, we’re being shafted almost weekly now and that’s not something I’ve made up in my head, it’s happening.
Flag goes up for a clear offside we most likely win the game, no comfort blanket needed on that just the facts, you know something you can’t or refuse to deal in without calling it paranoid or a conspiracy theory.

Keep the pressure up Rangers. A graphic like this would suffice on twitter.

Onside! really?

119919617_700457524160001_9140473608189402536_n.jpg
Yes but according to Mr Magoo on here that was just an honest mistake and we really are all terribly paranoid.

Only one fighting our corner is kris boyd. An ex employee
Sadly, you are correct.

Walker was his usual self on Sunday and KB was the only one to challenge his nonsense. Ally was a waste of space in this respect.

Walker is usually immune because he is in the commentary box with like minded cronies. Sunday was an ideal opportunity to wire right into him and Boyd was The only one up for it.

This is an area where we fall down badly. The tramps ex-players can’t wait to spout off their propaganda while most of ours are fairly quiet.

The difference is lawell runs the club from top to bottom. He doesn’t need the boards authority to do anything . They trust him to make decisions . Desmond only steps in when he absolutely has to . I get the feeling Robertson has to run a lot of stuff past the board. I feel we as a club could do with a proper CEO that the board trust and then other than a monthly board meeting and the agm the board don’t really run the club
Totally agree mate but on going to court I think you would have to run that one past the board.

Definitely not OTL but i did like his posts tbh, he was hounded on here because of his opinions that some couldn't handle, mostly the conspiracy theorists.

Bollocks. He was hounded as he started being a complete troll regarding Halliday's fist pump sending off, before that he wasnt too bad but from that fist pump he became a complete troll.

Back