A wee quote regarding Scottish Refs by Stewart Robertson

Gio#56

Last year we released this official quote by Stewart Robertson.

“We are fully supportive of Scottish referees. We don’t believe there is any need to bring foreign referees into the system. Indeed, we are strongly against the idea. If we don’t support our refs now, it’s going to impact on retention and recruitment of refs. What would foreign referees cost? And what would it say to our younger referees that clubs were willing to go down this line?

“We also want VAR brought in as soon as possible. We appreciate there is an implementation time for VAR but let’s start that process now and support our referees. We are fully supportive of a review of the system to give refs the support and the tools they need to do the best job possible.”

That was 2019, That told them eh Stewart? I see what you did there. Back them not sack them. Status Quo must continue on your watch.

Weak weak man.

“We are fully supportive of Scottish referees. We don’t believe there is any need to bring foreign referees into the system. Indeed, we are strongly against the idea. If we don’t support our refs now, it’s going to impact on retention and recruitment of refs. What would foreign referees cost? And what would it say to our younger referees that clubs were willing to go down this line?

“We also want VAR brought in as soon as possible. We appreciate there is an implementation time for VAR but let’s start that process now and support our referees. We are fully supportive of a review of the system to give refs the support and the tools they need to do the best job possible.”

That was 2019, That told them eh Stewart? I see what you did there. Back them not sack them. Status Quo must continue on your watch.

Weak weak man.

Wrong end of the stick, completely.

If we come out and say 'the refs are pure shit, we need VAR' we look like sore losers.

Whereas by saying 'the refs need support to make the best decision' we look like we're trying to improve the game.

If we come out and say 'the refs are pure shit, we need VAR' we look like sore losers.

Whereas by saying 'the refs need support to make the best decision' we look like we're trying to improve the game.
That was exactly what our statement said after the piggery in December.
No criticism of the referee, just a call for VAR to be introduced.

We couldn't be accused of being sore losers, we won.

After the the clancy corrupt show, no complaints was the buzz word from Rangers. It could have been red etc. An absolute joke.

I would have little faith in VAR being implemented properly in scotland. You only have to look at the record of the CO and comments from media analysts and ex refs to realise hardly anyone up here understands the rules and those who do are afraid to point them out. It’s quite baffling how Andy Walker cannot see the elbow being lifted on Hagi yesterday and we know that there are a lot of Andy Walker types running (ruining) our game.

No one in the media or football authorities cares what Rangers FC think about anything.

There is nothing to lose by being sore losers. The board and manager are cowards for failing to call out what everyone else can see.

Weak weak man.
Do you know SR ?

Saying “the refs are sh*te” would change nothing and make us a laughing stock. Good to know that many on FF aren’t employed by Rangers. Introducing VAR would be a game-changer for us.
I'm not really a fan of VAR and the ugly delays it introduces. I also suspect the VAR "ref" would likely be trained by the likes of Clancy and Thomson. However - I think Rangers would ultimately do better with VAR than without. The most blatantly wrong calls couldn't be skimmed over and allowed when there is really clear video evidence (3 offside in LC Final? Handball goal?). I think it would be worth quite a few points to us over a season, and would force the cynical hackers into at least a modicum of discretion.

At £1M per stadium to install plus running costs it is not going to happen any time soon in Scotland. We should be realistic and the first step should be to professionalise our referee's.

That means they would be working and training every day and it would improve their standards quite quickly. At the moment it is just a part time hobby which pays very well with little in the way of accountability.

Celtic caused a referee strike the last time a decision went against them. Since 2010 its been a farce in Scotland. No one dares do anything against that club.

John Reid made sure the SFA knew the lengths that club would go too. And what we see now is it all coming to fruition.

Yes the are a different breed. And it was shown when linesmen Craven made sure the event was blown up by his actions. Instead of a mistake being made a conspiracy was used that fuelled the events.

I thought our new media and PR man from Ulster was the end of dignified silence. Thought he would come in and not allow body blow after body blow. But no it seems status quo will continue.

So the corrupt trio of collum, robertson and clancy refereed 50% of Celtic premiership games last season. Is our club looking into these stats?

And the amount of time I watch their games and ours and see the linesman Mulvanny involved is surely no coincidence.

But Hey I am sure Mr Robertson thinks all its ok. Unlike Reid when the shoe was on the other foot.

Are we going to hear from Robertson soon on this issue ?

For me its getting worse, we aint even really put in any sort of challenge for the title since we returned yet either.... with this level of corruption in refereeing maybe a title win is impossible that would explain why all our enemies are now supporting these guys and defending obvious cheating every week.

I know theres a fair chance he will just repeat the same comments but id like to hear from the board on this subject anyway. We cant just continue to say nothing as if its gonna sort itself.

At £1M per stadium to install plus running costs it is not going to happen any time soon in Scotland. We should be realistic and the first step should be to professionalise our referee's.

That means they would be working and training every day and it would improve their standards quite quickly. At the moment it is just a part time hobby which pays very well with little in the way of accountability.

LOL mate.

We dont have bad refs, theres no rubbish standard, the guys are corrupt giving them more money to continue cheating us is probably the most mental thing ive heard.

its not that they are bad at their job, they are bigots that were chosen for their roles.

We dont have bad refs, theres no rubbish standard, the guys are corrupt giving them more money to continue cheating us is probably the most mental thing ive heard.
That was my point the accountability, by professionalising them that would force the pigs out of the trough as they would have to give up there day jobs.

Weak weak man.

You're easily upset, we used to laugh at the molester enablers for their rampant paranoia, looks like a fair few on here are the same.

The linesman made a mistake yesterday but so did Taverneir & Goldson in the lead up to that goal. Arfield & Kent missed great chances to put the game beyond hibs.

First & foremost we need to look at our own failings before trying to blame someone else for our own inadequacies.

I'm not really a fan of VAR and the ugly delays it introduces. I also suspect the VAR "ref" would likely be trained by the likes of Clancy and Thomson. However - I think Rangers would ultimately do better with VAR than without. The most blatantly wrong calls couldn't be skimmed over and allowed when there is really clear video evidence (3 offside in LC Final? Handball goal?). I think it would be worth quite a few points to us over a season, and would force the cynical hackers into at least a modicum of discretion.

Sorry but VAR would have let the LC goal stand as 3 players being blatantly offside and not spotted by linesman and ref is not an obvious error up here. It’s par for the course.

You're easily upset, we used to laugh at the molester enablers for their rampant paranoia, looks like a fair few on here are the same.

The linesman made a mistake yesterday but so did Taverneir & Goldson in the lead up to that goal. Arfield & Kent missed great chances to put the game beyond hibs.

First & foremost we need to look at our own failings before trying to blame someone else for our own inadequacies.

More than a few, thousands these days.

Hope i wont upset by asking but is this ontheline(that is no supposed to be a dig) i wanted to know who is calling the shots in the background at the sfa and training the guys to corrupt.

Nothing will change until we come out swinging.

We’re already vilified at every opportunity by Timmy’s compliant media pals so as long as we’re thick skinned then what do we have to lose?

And anyone who thinks that VAR in Scotland is the answer is naive in the extreme.

It will be 3 decrepit old *** refs in a caravan behind a stand with a couple of big TV’s and some software with the explicit ambition of helping them and shafting us.

They’d probably get Dermot Gallagher to oversee it and claim they were being impartial by bringing in expertise from outside Scotland.

If the game is run by them for them then why would they bring in VAR to level out the playing field?

Sorry but VAR would have let the LC goal stand as 3 players being blatantly offside and not spotted by linesman and ref is not an obvious error up here. It’s par for the course.

I get what you're saying, RFcIbrox - and I guess you're being slightly tongue in cheek. I still think it would be harder for the cheaters to get away with an incorrect decision when they are shown the same video of the incident as the TV audience. They would still nail us on anything with a bit of doubt - but on the clearly wrong calls they would be massively exposed. The cheaters don't like bright lights shining on them.

The linesman did not make a mistake. He could see clearly that it was offside. He chose not to put his flag up. This is the type of decision that happens in our games all too often. And it always seems to go against us. It is time our board said something.

If I said what I really thought of Stewart Robertson then I'd get a ban on here.

5 years since he was appointed, we're still a pushover off the park as much as on it.
Absolutely not the right man for the job, that’s about the politest I can be about this person.

Yet another who doesn’t know the meaning of the word paranoid.
You can’t be paranoid about things that actually happen, no one made up yesterday’s offside call in the heads, it happened.
Yes of course we look at our own failings but that most certainly doesn’t mean we can’t also look at the failings of these officials who simply aren’t doing their job and are part of the reason we’re dropping points.

mistake, aye I suppose your one of the fans that watched our victory against celtic and said hey, we wont complain we won. Mistakes happen.

The exact type of fan the haters love.

Radio clyde awaits you sir.

Hey caller whats your point.

"I am a Rangers fan and mistakes happen, there is nothing to see here. Our fans are paranoid bla bla "

Robertson must be living in an alternate universe if he thinks being supportive of the referee fraternity will even things out. They are the biggest threat to us winning silverware as they have already proved this season. It's coming to the point that if Rangers fail to point out the inconsistencies and subtle cheating we may as well lock the doors and throw away the keys.

That's really harsh. He came out with all sorts of tough talk in the summer, fought our corner in the press, threatened all sorts.... aw naw wait a minute, he talked big, did nothing, then slunk off with his tail between his legs once the season ticket money was in.

Not defending SR but the dossier was full of info. The clubs were cowards. You literally have to catch these Feckers with their hands in the till up here and even then you’d want a couple of fingers as evidence. Blatant mis corporate governance and dodgy voting are not enough to convince the pie shop owners, small town joiners and celtic minded lawyers who own clubs and are running our game that there is a problem. Give them seats on the board, a platter of prawn sandwiches, tickets for cup finals and foreign jaunts and they are happy. The fact the game is totally corrupt up here isnt SRs fault. The Memorial Garden and other farces probably are.

Most people on here basically want a statement saying 'Yeez are awww 19th Century Terrorist basturts so yeez up pure no geein' us anything'.
Not really.

A well constructed statement by someone with authority to the SFA / SPFL questioning the incidents where the laws of the game are mysteriously not applied would be a start. Let them know we are monitoring the situation. Also on the park the players must do more to pressurise the officials when these incidents occur.

Most people on here basically want a statement saying 'Yeez are awww 19th Century Terrorist basturts so yeez up pure no geein' us anything'.

thats pathetic. We want acknowledgement. We want our press and TV team at Rangers asking the managers his thoughts. We want loaded question, whether our manager answers them is not the point. Debate is raised.

For example what is the difference to Morelos goal be chalked off for leverage yet theirs yesterday not. Do you get it?

When is an offiside not an offside?

thats pathetic. We want acknowledgement. We want our press and TV team at Rangers asking the managers his thoughts. We want loaded question, whether our manager answers them is not the point. Debate is raised.

For example what is the difference to Morelos goal be chalked off for leverage yet theirs yesterday not. Do you get it?

When is an offiside not an offside?
People like him will never get it.

I would have little faith in VAR being implemented properly in scotland. You only have to look at the record of the CO and comments from media analysts and ex refs to realise hardly anyone up here understands the rules and those who do are afraid to point them out. It’s quite baffling how Andy Walker cannot see the elbow being lifted on Hagi yesterday and we know that there are a lot of Andy Walker types running (ruining) our game.
I was thinking something very similar while watching Match of the Day and the VAR incidents in the Man Utd Vs Crystal Palace game.
As you say, knowledge of the rules by some pundits and analysts is sub par. You still hear some talk about "won the ball first" or "no intent" which have no bearing on certain rules. Them trying to explain VAR decisions they don't understand would just be pouring petrol on a fire and would IMO just make things worse.

Not really.

A well constructed statement by someone with authority to the SFA / SPFL questioning the incidents where the laws of the game are mysteriously not applied would be a start. Let them know we are monitoring the situation. Also on the park the players must do more to pressurise the officials when these incidents occur.
Has that perhaps already been done ? I would not be surprised

That was exactly what our statement said after the piggery in December.
No criticism of the referee, just a call for VAR to be introduced.

We couldn't be accused of being sore losers, we won.

Absolutely mate.

I think some people are naïve to the fact that the club will be having discussions behind the scenes and the anger real just boils down to ‘they’ve not told me they’re doing anything about it’ regardless of what is going on out of the public eye.

When Stevie called out Clancy at Pitawdry in August 2018 the Club should’ve backed him to the hilt publicly. What did our Board do? Sat back and did f**k all and allowed the boy to be hung out to dry by the mhedia accusing him of being badly advised and naïvely ‘green’.

Stewart Robertson must be good at something but it sure isn’t public leadership.

Not defending SR but the dossier was full of info. The clubs were cowards. You literally have to catch these Feckers with their hands in the till up here and even then you’d want a couple of fingers as evidence. Blatant mis corporate governance and dodgy voting are not enough to convince the pie shop owners, small town joiners and celtic minded lawyers who own clubs and are running our game that there is a problem. Give them seats on the board, a platter of prawn sandwiches, tickets for cup finals and foreign jaunts and they are happy. The fact the game is totally corrupt up here isnt SRs fault. The Memorial Garden and other farces probably are.

Threatened legal action, didn't take any after all the big talk. The club shat it or were bluffing all along. He's the most senior club employee. No doubt he's a nodding dog for the people putting the money in but nobody with any self respect would have went along with the public haud me back routine then did nothing.

Back