A wee reminisce about 55 and the Sky intro video on trophy day

Brilliant day, never bothered heading to Glasgow but went to a mates house for an all day session.

Some title party that was, full on celebration from 10 in the morning.

Had a video on my old phone of the moment we got the trophy, wish I could see it again!

Some day. Pints out the perfect draft at half 9 in the morning. Walking up copland Road as the game was going on sounded like a warzone with the amount of fireworks going off haha.

Can't remember anything from about 6pm onwards

headed to Ibrox then George square trophy day with my folks , after arriving at George square my mum decided it wasn’t for her, in good old fashioned gentlemen like style me and my da said we’ll get you back at at the car in a couple of hours :D , fair enjoyed my day , been fortunate enough to see plenty trophy days so this was different and still as good , i wouldn’t mind a George Square after party next time we win it

This video, which was run by Sky on trophy day, is still one of the greatest I've ever seen. Summed everything up so well.

What a season it was. Meant the world to us and absolutely killed them and their dream of a tainted 9.5.

I like nostalgia etc but after that season we should have pushed on we really shouldn’t be still talking about it. Total killjoy but just how i feel I’m angry as f*ck at what has happened since.

On trophy day i was happy as Larry, my son came round with his mate who i have known since he was a wee boy, i was fine until John Greig gave Tav the trophy, it all came out, I was very emotional, i was so proud of my team but for some reason I was also thinking of those who were not here, my first thought was for Sandy Jardine, then i looked at my boy and his pal and they were crying their eyes out too, it hit me then that they were so young when we won our last title and for the past ten years they had to suffer the scum lifting title after title and putting up with their fans ripping them a new one every single year, what a moment for us that was...no other title will ever feel like that.

Another thing i took from that video is what a fantastic fit Gerrard was for our club, I really do wonder if he ever regrets walking away to Villa when he did.

I was out for a walk when I heard the fireworks going off everywhere around me. :) I knew then that 55 was here. It was incredible.

Still desperately trying to find the footage of the closing titles footage from that day.

It was superb.

Such a weird feeling to have the moment finally arrive, the moment you've been thinking about every day for a decade. Don't know if that feeling will ever be beaten.

Back