A wee thank you to Rangers fans from the Castore Marketing Manager

Bought my top today. Looks a cracking bit of kit. I still buy the tops but I seldom wear them. It's more because I want to pass them down at some point in the future. I'll fire one on to wear at Ibrox but otherwise they are hanging up in the wardrobe the rest of the year. I also wash them per the instructions or by hand, just to be on the safe side.

More inclined to buy and wear the leisure and training gear for day to day wear.

Gents was there 20% Castore promo codes kicking about, wanted to buy a Garcia hoody and remember a few people with codes

Simply put: stick a Rangers logo on anything and we’ll buy it!
you make it sound like we're all mugs

812-526.jpg

not sure squire all I know is that is our record I am assuming it’s the home top
Could be wrong but I think your 200k number is wrong. I'm sure we sold 350k orange or tangerine as the club called them at the time away tops in 03. Assuming our record for home tops would be more than an away 1.

If only the fat chunt would have played it straight with us from the start. I wonder how the SD shareholders feel at this moment of what could have been.................
Defo mate, Rangers and him could of made a lot of coin.
Imagine liking being hated, he is certainly a no right.

£3m revenue in one day, not bad at all and that's only the home kit!
Difficult to project for the year but any bears in finance/sales willing to estimate over one year when shops are open with all kits and merchandise available?
£50m ? £100m ?

A wee thank you to Rangers fans from the Castore Marketing Manager

"I just wanted to drop you a quick note to say thanks very much for all of your support today; it's been fantastic to see such a strong response from the fan base on the new kit. We've sold over 40,000 jerseys since 8am this morning and are confident of getting to the full 50,000 by the end of today which will be a brilliant achievement and show just how great the Rangers fans are!"

That's the kind of positivity this day is about.
When he says the full 50,000 I hope that's not al the stock they've got

There is also the positive impact this has on any future deals, which makes this even more exciting.

Difficult to project for the year but any bears in finance/sales willing to estimate over one year when shops are open with all kits and merchandise available?
£50m ? £100m ?

The thing to remember is the club just get a percentage of sales and all the various operational costs of producing the strip still has the come out of that £3m.

Castore gave us £3m up front, once a certain number of units are sold we get another £2m which I believe could go as high as £9m in total if sales are that good. That is the main way the club will make money out of this and it is all revenue we have not had in previous years.

We didn’t sell anywhere near that in the tangerine ones .
Think you'll find we did. Again could be wrong but don't think I am. At the time it was 1 of the best selling away tops from any UK team ever I'm sure. 1 of the reasons people were pissed off when the club bowed to the media mob by not having another 1 when it made so much money. Your 200k record for home tops is miles out.

Surely we will have more than 50,000 home kits to sell, or am I reading it wrong?

You're reading that wrong mate.

First day pre order only.

Massive restock all over the UK for the official launch day.

Can't wait for the other stuff to come out the fact that our club is getting some decent money instead of that Fat Ba$tards rip offs makes it even more welcoming.

Good times mate. It’s an extremely welcome financial boost that will hopefully help us improve the quality on the pitch.

£50m ? £100m ?

Be lucky if we make 5-10million profit from sales lots of costs to factor in mate

Think you'll find we did. Again could be wrong but don't think I am. At the time it was 1 of the best selling away tops from any UK team ever I'm sure. 1 of the reasons people were pissed off when the club bowed to the media mob by not having another 1 when it made so much money. Your 200k record for home tops is miles out.

it says on that questionable article that in 2003 429,000 tops were sold in total but that’s across all three kits over two seasons . So it’s entirely possible that over 200,000 HOME kits is the record .

it says on that questionable article that in 2003 429,000 tops were sold in total but that’s across all three kits over two seasons . So it’s entirely possible that over 200,000 HOME kits is the record .
When we started doing our own strip doing away with kit partner we were told we might sell a 3rd fewer than Nike had sold for us the previous year. That figure was 600k quoted in the press at the time. Can't remember if that was just for home strips or home and away combined. Either way our record for home tops is a good bit higher than 200k.

There really is no support like ours. We never once abandoned the club during the dark days of lower league football and when we had absolute rogues running our club. Contrast and compare with our rivals who had to close part of their stadium when they were winning everything in sight because we weren't there. WATP.

Back