Aaron Hickey £17 million

I have honestly never rated him and every time I watch him he still looks like a wee boy.

It goes against the grain though as so many posters on here must be part time Bologna fans due to their constant raving of him.

I just dont see it!

Genuinely hope Hearts get something decent from this.

Love when we get a quality player on a free like Souttar but the thought of losing Goldson on a free after all we'd been through was sickening, so hopefully they get a bit from Hickey deal.

Hopefully we do something with Kamara if he's leaving. Any team that bids, add an extra four, five million to the fee because of contract length, since we're getting short changed on Aribo.

Know football doesn't work that way but hope if Kamara is going we get well above what he's worth.

I have honestly never rated him and every time I watch him he still looks like a wee boy.

It goes against the grain though as so many posters on here must be part time Bologna fans due to their constant raving of him.

I just dont see it!

The reviews he has been getting over there are tremendous. Felt sorry for him when he played against Ukraine because he was out of position but his a talent.

I just dont see it!

I said that before he left Hearts but he’s clearly kicked on. I’ll tell you his never making a step up, that boy Doig at Hibs. He is rubbish. Ramsey at Aberdeen was a player.

Its a fair point but our players have proven themselves on the European stage.

To be honest, Brentford v Brighton or some other plodder prem matches are well below Kent, Morelos, Kamara, Tav standard for me!

I absolutely agree, this year especially. But it seems for whatever reason other teams do not see it that way. How no one has came in and offered serious money for Tav is baffling for me apart from a shitty bid from West Brom.

Seems a crazy figure and good for Hearts of they do receive a hefty fee from a sell on clause.
You'd hope so anyway considering he had quite a good reputation.

Could be a quite a good season financially for Hearts, guaranteed Conference League which should bring them some cash and a sell on fee from this. Hopefully allows them to bring in a player or two so they can contribute to the coefficient cause we need it.

His Age..

I know mate but he is an athlete if they signed him last year at 29 they would get at least 4 good years out of him. Not a crazy fee like 30m but 10m for someone like Tav to slot right into your team for 4 years and contribute goals and assists seems like a good deal.

I know mate but he is an athlete if they signed him last year at 29 they would get at least 4 good years out of him. Not a crazy fee like 30m but 10m for someone like Tav to slot right into your team for 4 years and contribute goals and assists seems like a good deal.
Very rarely do top 5 league teams buy players over 25 for big sums outside the top 5 leagues..they scooping up potential..

Have a mate that is a West Ham season ticket holder and he said they were in for him as well and disappointed they missed out.

I hope he does well. The more young Scottish players who go on to better things, the better chance for us to get good fees when our player trading model kicks in. Shows there is talent to be had in our league. Despise Hearts, but a club in our league getting money this way is also a good point of note for future negotiations too.

Clubs, especially in the EPL, will pay those kind of sums for potential.
They will pay very good money for potential..it is sensible to try to get the young talent quickly..hence why young Scots going to Serie A it top 5 to top 5 move if it comes off and they get EPL move..big money.

Absolutely crazy. But football has been mental for so long now. This is just another thing to add to the long list of crazy decisions in football. Like the £37m man utd paid for Amad Diallo . So that would be £54m to buy Diallo and Aaron Hickey together to put the craziness into some context. Jesus !!

But when you look at Bassey who came through Leicester's setup, established himself as a first pick with us, absolutely dominated teams in Europe (including the final) then you add in the fact he's young, build like a tank, English, can play CB or LB then surely he's got to be worth more than Hickey.

I absolutely agree....

Maybe English teams see it like this though, failed at Leicester, went to Rangers and looked a standout because it is a poor quality league. Europa league he was part of a system that worked.

I don't agree with the above and I think surely we will get serious bids for Bassey because he is a fucking collosus.

He was shite. According to the same guys who insisted we were right to sign Stevie Smith over Andy Robertson.

Absolutely crazy. But football has been mental for so long now. This is just another thing to add to the long list of crazy decisions in football. Like the £37m man utd paid for Amad Diallo . So that would be £54m to buy Diallo and Aaron Hickey together to put the craziness into some context. Jesus !!

That would buy our Europa League squad 3 times over plus pay for everyone who travelled to Sevilles flight.

But when you look at Bassey who came through Leicester's setup, established himself as a first pick with us, absolutely dominated teams in Europe (including the final) then you add in the fact he's young, build like a tank, English, can play CB or LB then surely he's got to be worth more than Hickey.
But we can argue that for Bassey based on age, demonstrating performance in Europe but contract length helps us.

Bassey is also classed as an association trained player for most EPL clubs

The only thing clubs will be slightly concerned about regarding Bassey is maintaining that form. It's relatively short-lived at the moment.

Even just playing that well until the break in November would probably dispel those doubts and see bids come in.

Back