Aaron Hickey: Bayern Munich, Bologna & Aston Villa chasing Hearts teenager

Ataturk

Hearts left-back Aaron Hickey is attracting interest from clubs across Europe, including Bayern Munich, Aston Villa and Bologna.

The 18-year-old is in the final year of his contract at Tynecastle, with Hearts valuing him at £1.5m.

Serie A side Bologna would meet the asking price, and Hickey is impressed by what the Italian club have to offer.

The Scotland under-17 international is also keen to find out more from Bayern and what they have to offer.

Championship club Sheffield Wednesday are also interested in signing Hickey, while Celtic have been asked to be kept informed of bids from elsewhere.

Hearts were relegated from the Scottish Premiership last season, and begin their Championship campaign in October.

Hearts left-back Aaron Hickey is attracting interest from clubs across Europe, including Bayern Munich, Aston Villa and Bologna.

The 18-year-old is in the final year of his contract at Tynecastle, with Hearts valuing him at £1.5m.

Serie A side Bologna would meet the asking price, and Hickey is impressed by what the Italian club have to offer.

The Scotland under-17 international is also keen to find out more from Bayern and what they have to offer.

Championship club Sheffield Wednesday are also interested in signing Hickey, while Celtic have been asked to be kept informed of bids from elsewhere.

Hearts were relegated from the Scottish Premiership last season, and begin their Championship campaign in October.
I needed a good laugh today, cheers mate.

Seems like he's been linked with moves like this for the past 3 years. Probably still be getting described as having great potential when he turns 31 playing for Alloa. I don't see it with him at all. Any time we've played them he's looked every inch the weak link in the Hearts defence.

He’s not quick, he’s not athletic, he’s not cultured on the ball and he always gets himself out of position.

He presses when he should drop off and drops off when he should be in close proximity to the man.

Apart from all of those fundamental deficiencies, I’m sure he’s terrific.

I don't even think he's good enough for Hearts never mind the other teams reportedly interested.

These teams can afford to take a punt on his ‘potential’ obviously wouldn’t be anywhere near the Bayern first team

He's awful. Positioning sense is non-existent.

Has the technical ability of a block of cheese.

He obviously has something, I think he will eventually go on to have a decent career.

I will stake my savings, mortgage, pension and everything else on it not being at Bayern Munich or any other top club though.

He's awful. Positioning sense is non-existent.

Has the technical ability of a block of cheese.

I’m sure at 18 these faults can be improved on.
Hearts did the lad no favours by throwing him into the rough and tumble of Scottish football before he was ready.
Hope the lad can go abroad and make a decent career for himself be better for him than sticking around Hearts.

He didn’t look like the next big thing anytime I saw him; looked like what he was, a 17 year old kid playing against bigger, experienced professionals. He might go on to have a terrific career. Or he might sink without trace. Such is the way with young players.

But let’s face it, whatever age he is and whatever potential he might have, when a club in the second tier of Scottish football get an offer of £1.5m for ANY player; they’re away.

He is only a young lad so these team all have loads of money to take a punt. If 1in 10 make it they probably do well out of it. Hearts need the money so will understandably be desperate for the money.

Stinks of the hearts PR being told to help market him. Hearts will be skint and need the money. They will tell the press anything to get the story out.

Best thing he could do is stay at Hearts and get another season of first team football. If he moves to a bigger club now he's going straight into their u-19s.

He obviously has something, I think he will eventually go on to have a decent career.

I will stake my savings, mortgage, pension and everything else on it not being at Bayern Munich or any other top club though.

Big clubs will pay good money for kids to pad out their youth sides. Bayern signed a 16 yr old from Celtic last year.

Back