Aaron Hickey Hearts going to Bologna now.

Hope he does get a move and I hope he goes on to have a great career. Too many on this forum wish young Scottish players nothing but failure and it’s pathetic.

The same posters probably moan that their xxxxl castore doesn’t fit.

What ever happened to that teenage lad who scored for them against the mentally challengeds a few seasons ago? Remember the stir at the time but don't really recall the player kicking on from that.
Harry Cochrane, was highly rated but Levein kinda ruined him. Made him a scapegoat for their fans and ended up at Dunfermline on loan last season.

It’s now a done deal going by Twitter, but Hearts have structured the transfer to ensure that the mentally challengeds’ sell-on clause is redundant by doing a loan with obligation to buy.

Top class shithousery from them.

Great move for Hickey. I imagine we’ll be keeping an eye on him in case he ever wants to come back to Scotland.

It’s now a done deal going by Twitter, but Hearts have structured the transfer to ensure that the mentally challengeds’ sell-on clause is redundant by doing a loan with obligation to buy.

Why would they lose out on a sell on clause if Hearts sell him next year?

Why would they lose out on a sell on clause if Hearts sell him next year?

The majority of the actual transfer fee is being paid as a loan fee, before the obligation to buy after the one year ‘loan’ deal.

Loan fees don’t count on sell-on clauses. The remainder of the fee being paid after year one isn’t over the threshold to activate any sell on fee.

Very clever. And brilliantly petty.

The majority of the actual transfer fee is being paid as a loan fee, before the obligation to buy after the one year ‘loan’ deal.

Loan fees don’t count on sell-on clauses. The remainder of the fee being paid after year one isn’t over the threshold to activate any sell on fee.

Very clever. And brilliantly petty.
If that's true, then well done Hearts!

What an embarrassing thread.

Post after post slating a young guy.

People go on about men's mental health issues all the time, etc but on the other hand froth at the gash at the chance to lay in to a young guy. Maybe it's the constant negativity that we are surrounded with these days that make people have these issues.

18 years old and about to make a career move that will take him to live and work in a beautiful city. I'm also sure there are plenty of the people slating him that wouldn't have had the balls to make that move at that age. Fair play to him for wanting to do something interesting with his life. I would take a guess that is about to accomplish more in his young life than 90% on here.

People go on about men's mental health issues all the time, etc but on the other hand froth at the gash at the chance to lay in to a young guy. Maybe it's the constant negativity that we are surrounded with these days that make people have these issues.

18 years old and about to make a career move that will take him to live and work in a beautiful city. I'm also sure there are plenty of the people slating him that wouldn't have had the balls to make that move at that age. Fair play to him for wanting to do something interesting with his life. I would take a guess that is about to accomplish more in his young life than 90% on here.
Speak for yourself mate.

The same forum where I’ve been told (genuinely) that Andy Robertson is worth less than £20m this morning.

You do wonder what goes on in some peoples’ heads.

Good luck to him out there . I was convinced he would end up at the piggery throughout the last few months transfer talk about him

Was just about to ask on that - seen loan with the obligation to buy. So assume £1mil loan fee and then £100k to buy.

I really hope that’s why it’s been done and hearts point that fact out!

We had folk on here smugly telling the doubters that Bayern Munich knew better than we did :p

Was just about to ask on that - seen loan with the obligation to buy. So assume £1mil loan fee and then £100k to buy.

I really hope that’s why it’s been done and hearts point that fact out!
Hearts making sure that Hearts maximise their income, as any club should do.

Not sure how they can make the sell-on clause redundant. The sell-on clause is 30% of the transfer fee, so whether he goes now or in a years time they still have to pay it.
As someone else suggested, the only way to minimise the amount paid to that lot would be to negotiate a higher loan fee and a lower transfer fee, which hopefully they will do.

Not sure how they can make the sell-on clause redundant. The sell-on clause is 30% of the transfer fee, so whether he goes now or in a years time they still have to pay it.
As someone else suggested, the only way to minimise the amount paid to that lot would be to negotiate a higher loan fee and a lower transfer fee, which hopefully they will do.

Be fantastic if Budgie did just that LOL. Even if the loan fee equates to half the total fee then it would, effectively, reduce the Dhims cut by a half.

Fair play to him for having the balls to go abroad and play in a better league. I hope he's a success.

Bayern did want him however there was no guarantee of 1st team football which isn't unexpected given there current form but he has 1st team football at Bologna hence the reason for choosing them and big money - c*ltic also wanted him but there was too much of a tax implication there

Bayern did want him however there was no guarantee of 1st team football which isn't unexpected given there current form but he has 1st team football at Bologna hence the reason for choosing them and big money - c*ltic also wanted him but there was too much of a tax implication there

He won't get first team football at Bologna either.

That video is superb though.

To be fair, I think it's intended to be cringe and a bit of a piss take.

Would have been better had they signed a Scot with the last name Ness though!

Yeah there would have been a 0% chance of him getting a start with Alphonso Davies fit!

Back