Aaron Hickey wanted by Milan?!

Not that strange tbh.
City already watched him and was watched by BVD too.

German teams have a model of snapping up all the best youth from across Europe and Italian teams are starting to follow.

cup final was a very impressive performance, hasn't looked great since . However hes been hung out to dry by being shunted to right back

Good player that I would take at Rangers.

Needs a loan to a team that play attacking football and one that wins. Hearts are a basket case atm and no player would look good in that squad.

I don't get the fuss with Hickey at all if ever a player lived off a reputation purely for a goal in a derby match its him. In my opinion he looks like a youth player that's not ready for first team football and for a lot of goals Hearts have conceded against us and some other highlights I've seen he's been at fault for a lot of them.

The lad has been burnt out by being overplayed and over relied upon at such a young age. A Proper club will nurture and get the best out of him, he’s got the talent.

He hasn't impressed any time I've seen him, however at his age there is no doubt he can improve and that playing regularly will help him develop.

Absolutely no reason we shouldn't be playing academy players to cover injuries and suspensions etc.

This. Not been impressed at all. Maybe a case of too much too soon for him.

Whatever happened to Cochrane who was doing well for them then disappeared?
still only 18, out on loan not sure hopes are high as they were, still plenty of time and i like the kid tbh

He’s had more bad games than good.

After an excellent start, the media got carried away and have blown his abilities out of proportion.

He’s average at best, certainly won’t ever be playing for Man City, Milan or Dortmund.

The lad is a talent. Hearts’ shambles have meant he’s played all over the shop but there is definitely a player there.
No harm to the lad but has not shown anything when I've watched him against us.

As you rightly point out that could easily be down to the clusterfuck that is Hearts.

If this happened I would guess he’d be signed as one for the future, not as a replacement for Rodriguez as the article alludes, challenging the current left back (who I don’t rate that highly) this season.

Its horrible the way Hearts have hung him out to dry kept playing him, he has been run ragged in the Spl but he does have ability.

Its horrible the way Hearts have kept playing him, he has been ran ragged in the Spl but he does have ability, just been thrown into a terrible team and hung out to dry.
i hardly think he has been "hung out to dry" , Hearts are in trouble and could be releated.
They are clutching at straws and hoping their best player will get them out of trouble.
The coach is not thinking I want this guy to play poorly, he wants him to get him out the shit.

Any time I've seen him he's been terrible and looks all over the place.

He’s had more bad games than good.

After an excellent start, the media got carried away and have blown his abilities out of proportion.

He’s average at best, certainly won’t ever be playing for Man City, Milan or Dortmund.

A bit like Harry Cochrane a couple of seasons ago.

This. Not been impressed at all. Maybe a case of too much too soon for him.

Whatever happened to Cochrane who was doing well for them then disappeared?
Cochrane has just been recalled from a loan spell at Dunfermline.

The wee man was completely burnt out and being bullied at Celtic Park by Brown set him back a bit.

Hoping he can get a bit of game time for us as he did have a lot to offer, Levein just wanted it all immediately.

I haven't seen the lad much. I suppose it's all about potential. If you are young, athletic and your algorithm thingummy numbers are good then you will usually get big clubs sniffing around.

Morelos has rag dolled him a few times already and I watched the Edinburgh derby and he was hopeless. But I put that down to the fact that he's been mismanaged at hearts and probably shouldn't be starting those sort of games at his age.

I think the lad has the potential to go on and play at a high level. But right now he is in serious danger of being dragged down with a sinking ship. I think for the sake of his career and his sanity he needs to get away from that club just now.

He's not really that good tbh, any time I've seen him he's been bang average, even simple game management has seen him cost set pieces that have led to goals

The lad is a talent. Hearts’ shambles have meant he’s played all over the shop but there is definitely a player there.

Chris Burke tore the arse off the lad a couple of months ago at Rugby Park. He might have potential but he is nowhere near being in the category where a high profile club would want him.

I'm not a fan of the boy. You can excuse lacking physical attributes at that age and poor performances or giving away goals due to that.

However, the amount of times he switches off, makes a wrong decision and/or is in the wrong position makes me think he is overrated. Sometimes decision making comes with more experience but switching off and being in the wrong place is worrying.

I've lost count on the number of goals his mistakes or positioning has gifted us tbh. Obviously I'm not a top level scout by any means, but that shouldn't look good in any review of him.

Of course I've only watched him against us where it's been hard to tell how good he can be, but I would think it would be easy to stand out in a team that is dead bottom and going through a crisis.

All things considered, there's no reason why teams of the caliber of City, Dortmund, Milan etc. wouldn't be able to coach the mistakes out of him, especially since he's still only 17, turning 18 in the summer. He'll already have a season of top flight experience under his belt before he's able to buy his first pint.

He's a very good young player who is being managed horribly by Hearts. In the last 3 games we've played them he's played in 3 different positions. That can't be good for anyone's development especially with how poor Hearts are. It's not the first time they've managed a young player badly as well,

Harry Cochrane being on loan at Dunfermline for the first half of this season is proof of that, their mismanagement of him has stunted his development, too much exposure to first team football at an early age can be a risk especially in this league due to the physical demands.

i hardly think he has been "hung out to dry" , Hearts are in trouble and could be releated.
They are clutching at straws and hoping their best player will get them out of trouble.
The coach is not thinking I want this guy to play poorly, he wants him to get him out the shit.
He has been run into the ground, he has been all over the place against us and the tims etc and he should not be relied upon to play every match at his age, he should be nurtured and introduced like most other players his age.

I really struggle to see it with this lad, tbh.

Might be my Alan Hansen moment, but I think he’s bang average.

Young yes, but doesn’t seem naturally talented either.

Don't see it in him myself but I wouldn't dismiss this at all. It happens on a fairly regular basis. Liam Boyce signed for Weirder Bremen as a teen after showing great promise, never played a first team game and is now trying to get into the league 1 playoffs with Burton Albion. Young and promising rarely guarantees superstar.

Probably the strangest transfer rumour I've seen so far this window - Hickey to team up with Zlatan!
Off course they want to sign him as Celtic get a big whack of the fee, the media will have him as the next Robertson

Back